SOLVED Taking a Very long time to write REPLAYS after a session

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BigDuke6, Feb 3, 2020.

1. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

This has just started happening, EG- After a practice session going into Qualifying the Replay takes so long to write that I miss the the first 5 min of the next session, also the file size seems huge too.

This happens exiting from the game as well, any more than a 30 minute session and I can wait up to 6 minutes for the game to exit.
    My game has never done this before, I'm perplexed, ive disabled replays for now, but a solution would be great, any ideas?

thanks

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you running any antivirus? Try disabling its file scanning if possible, and see if that does anything. I've had antivirus go a bit crazy a couple of times over the years (no known reason, and didn't affect everything) and a reinstall (of the a/v product) fixed the issue, so consider that as a potential (if unlikely) cuplrit.

BigDuke6 likes this.
  3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I'm not saving replays and it takes about that long just to exit after a lengthy session.

BigDuke6 likes this.
  4. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

Spot on Lazza, it was my AV, running Malwarebytes, it went to Ver 4 a few weeks ago new version causing the problem, disabled the scanning of replays and she is golden.
    Really appreciate the replies guys thank you.;)

OdeFinn likes this.
  5. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

@BigDuke6 I'm running malwarebytes as well, where did you select what not to scan?

Edit: Never mind, bit slow but I found it.
    Thanks for the tip though will use it on my log files.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  6. Nuno Leite Castro

Nuno Leite Castro Registered

Hi Jimmy, I'm using MalwareBytes Premium, and I have the same issue, waiting ages from Practice to Qually. Where did you go on Malwarebytes to disable scanning in RF2 files?

Thanks in advance!