Logging Out-of-Realtime Physics Freezes [public-test]

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 19, 2019.

1. M Lynn

M Lynn Registered

I've been having some long freezes lately, maybe around 4-5 secs, had the shorter ones for a long time as well, but I've just had one that lasted around 44 seconds! I honestly thought it had crashed, so I alt tabbed to desktop to kill the process and it suddenly unfroze. I don't know if this is classed as a physics freeze or not but I've uploaded it here, log and replay file, position 1186 in the replay: https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Pub...ort Park P1 44 second freeze.7z?role=personal

2. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Windows event viewer shows 2 instances just before screen hang and game crash
    Process C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServer_x64.exe (process ID:11564) reset policy scheme from {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c} to {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c}
    AND
    Process G:\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\bin\win64\vrmonitor.exe (process ID:756) reset policy scheme from {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c} to {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c}
    Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it??

Windows 10 Home 64

4. Comante

Comante Registered

+1 to the Graphic freeze that spawned from nowhere recently. I fear that since last update I suffer a several seconds Graphic freeze once everytime I use RF2: audio, FFB, everything still run normal, just the image is stuck, when this ends you are usually about to crash somewhere in the barrier. I hope this get addressed soon because online it could be a serious game stopper.

It's a bit frustrating because I never had a more stable RF2 than now, except for this.

5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Lately i'm having more freezes than usual, offline, didn't even tried online...

6. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Registered

It's micro-freezes in my case but it is constant since the last few weeks: I get one each and every time someone enters or leaves the server. And this is new: I hardly had any freezes since I got that PC 18 months ago. As additional info, I never tried the new UI. Not sure if logs will help: https://www.mediafire.com/file/maly0uc4hns763f/VEC_Imola_TD_1_V5__RealTimeLogging_PT.7z/file

It's a shame to see a step back like this, this game really need to be fixed before we give up and move to something else; too many glitches all the time spoil the fun.

7. lagg

lagg Registered

Since last two months, more or less i've microfreezes too, but this thread is related to _out of real time physics freezes".
    I think that it is a different problem and it's not going to take in account here.

8. Erhan Jajovski

Erhan Jajovski Registered

Join lags reappeared after the new UI update. (every time someone joins a server you get a micro freeze)
    I'm running the old UI and here is my trace.
    https://easyupload.io/ud2ms6

9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I guess they're all related, that's why you have microfreezes, due to out of real time physics probably. Just hope they know why this happens, i was hoping for a BIG update when new UI was released but it seems not. I don't know what to expect now and when...

10. lagg

lagg Registered

Have you checked if your CPU is at 100% when you have microfreezes?
    Mine is OK. I think that it's not physics related.

11. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I don't know what it is, guess they don't know too. Fact is that this only happens in rF2, there was a time when i almost hadn't those freezes, but lately they're back again...

12. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

For some reasons I am having lags again every time someone joins a server (~0.2 sec) since a couple of weeks. More seriously though, today I've had a 4-6 sec screen/audio freeze in my online race. I notice the same as Christos did a couple of post previously: the car doesn't freeze in place, but keeps going. I've NEVER had those types of freezes before. This is a massive deal braker since there is a high chance such a freeze will end your race! I have attached the link to what I believe is the log of the event.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kA1lBhzr1hCRljM4snLwJvqCXbrdHMzg
    EDIT: the freeze occurred at precisely the moment I hit a big bump (Oreca07, Road Atlanta exit T5)

13. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Registered

Of all the simulators I have tried, rF2 is the one that gives me the best driving sensations, but participate in online races with these problems is frustrating, also because there are races where there are people who pay a registration fee for the championship. I hope that Studio 397 is working to solve these problems and that it communicates something to us users because the more time passes the greater the risk of abandoning this magnificent simulator

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Neawoulf likes this.
  14. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

15. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

16. Dan Bull

Dan Bull Registered

17. Ryan_Walker

Ryan_Walker Registered

Been having issues with screen freezes since the new update and got one on lap 2 in the rFactor 2 league race I was taking part in today.

Attached Files:

18. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

19. Ryan_Walker

Ryan_Walker Registered

20. M Lynn

M Lynn Registered

Freezes in EVERY session, some of them long ones at that (see above). If I was racing online, which I've stopped doing for now, it would be totally unacceptable and unplayable. I haven't changed anything on my PC, no drivers or anything. And no update on the problem. Really feel like binning this for a while and using another sim, or maybe going back to my saved DX9 version, at least that had the graphical plugins as well, which we were told would return, over 2 years ago now!

McFlex and Marisa like this.