[WIP] EnduranceRacingX PX by URD Pre-order with beta access available!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, May 4, 2015.

1. Bostrom

Bostrom Registered

Very interesting Chris ! ! !
    If you could bring the models into the game, that would be really great. :)

bears and Rogger like this.
  2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I wanted to the do a P2 expansion pack... But the feel of the URD P2's was underwhelming... The Feedback - not the driving, but the FFB was non-existant, so it never materialized... HPD, tonnes of Lolas, Courage etc...

3. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

That's why I was planning on using the Enduracers physics. Even though they are pretty much spec across their P2 class, it's fun and they are all pretty balanced with each other. If anything, it provides a great baseline.

atomed, Rogger, Bostrom and 1 other person like this.
  4. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I assume you asked enduracers for permission to use their physics?;)

I don‘t think they would like to see their physics ripped or used by someone else

5. Bostrom

Bostrom Registered

Are now also single numbers protected by copyright ? :rolleyes:
    (Physics consists of individual numerical values.)

@McFlex

By the way, I had the question mark protected. So please ask me next time you use it. OK ? ;)

Nice new time. :)

Rogger likes this.
  6. McFlex

McFlex Registered

So then ripping 3D content would be also ok. Just a bunch of coordinates of vertices.
    *irony off

Seems you have no clue about modding and the ethics of it:rolleyes: o_O

7. Bostrom

Bostrom Registered

@McFlex

Mission accomplished ......... you dare not use the question mark anymore. ;)

Rogger likes this.
  8. Filip

Filip Registered

Single numbers are not protected per se, but their sequence/relation/grouping is.
    So you are not allowed to use them in such way.

DrivingFast likes this.
  9. Rogger

Rogger Registered

small tip.... think first (do research) and then write. ;)

10. Flaux

Flaux Registered

You could ask MaD_King from Gentlemen Racers. Maybe he even helps creating the physics based on the work they did on the Endu-Mod...

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

ya all are so dramatic... what about waiting to see if he got permission first before going all oscar winning performance lol

12. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

URD released a new payware car on AC and no working on this very old mod (and the promised cars)? URD took the people who bought it for idiots....

13. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

They don't have anyone who can do the physics for them and have been searching for someone for ages afaik

yoss likes this.
  14. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Hold on mate. Despite that I have generaly huge respect for Alless and what he has done for rF2 as he gave it much needed popular content (sometimes even for free or in other mods), I think that this whole PX thing leaves a bit of a sour taste. And in this regard I have a different opinion about URD as a company than about Alless even if it is difficult to differentiate.

First of all, if you are selling a product as preorder and give a list in the first page and show WIP images for several years, there should be something delivered at one point. And if your company - and this is what URD essecntally is - lacks important manpower you need to to do everything possible to fullfill your promisses even if it means working for free at one point, learning how to do it on your own, or maybe even tell your AC physics guy to learn how to port a car into rF2. Reach out to the guys in this forum. This are just a few examples that come to my mind and I can't imagine that there is noone around to help them. My suspission is that money is the whole problem here and nothing else. Another big issues I see is that there are new products by URD released, even for rF2 while older promissed content gets put on the side, because it wasn't financially viable. That's a big punch in the face of your customers if you ask me. And should I mention that there are still updates to older cars missing, like proper PBR shaders and rain features that were shown ages ago? This has nothing to do with not-having-anyone-for-physics. Bring the Moyoda with balanced WIP physics, similar to the Porsche and people will survive it.

And the last but not least argument why this is all pretty sad: in the past we had hundreds of hundreds of pages about payware mods and that you can't expect people to work for free with the quality expected in this day and age. But now we have the problem that people get payed for their work, but they still don't deliver what was promissed. That other people get this done for their free mods should tell you, that it is possible and I still hope for the URD guys and Alless, that they can get everything resolved and the train back on the rails. Because this is all hurting them and their reputation. My two cents ... ;)

atomed, hallenstein, bears and 3 others like this.
  15. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

if just borrow and for personal private use and never public release, will this be ok? Just out of curious, both 3d and physic.
    Do physic from scratch maybe too hard for rF2 so that there's no so much mods there. anyway that's another point and not relate to this situation
    oh and another point, if modders look into other mod how things are done and learn form other mods or use some of properties form that, is it a kind of 'ripping'?

16. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

Too easy... If you want to make money, you take the responsabilities with the money ;)

atomed likes this.
  17. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

LUL!

Do as you please man... If you want to sell stuff that isn't your own... Then you have to expect some flack from every corner of the community - if your conscience stands up to that, then all the power to ya'... If you share it for free... No one really bats an eyelid (anymore(depending on where you release it - don't do it here)) - just make sure it's near perfect or you'll be critizised to hell and back..
    If you charge money for it and it's all yours, you have to over-deliver or else you'll be called a scammer.

Foresight, Emery, Will Mazeo and 3 others like this.
  18. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

I know, selling things which are stolen is the worst thing of modding. And I begin to learn modding not for sale money just because I want something in rf2 and I and my small group of friends can enjoy them.
    so thanks for your advice, and if the mod is all private use, and never release to public, no permission will be ok nor not

19. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Of course not... Have fun, hope your friends doesn't leak it... If it's too good, that's hard for some people you know ;)

Just remember; you can always write in the description box/author box who made it... You the converter, the original authors etc... That's all you can do I guess... Pay some kind of respect. At least, that's what I do. Regardless if it's private...
    Example:
    3DModel, Turn10,
    Sounds: Wolfgang Singer,
    Skins; CrivitsChris, GPFan, Bjørn.
    Elements in the physics borrowed from URD, ISI yadda yadda...

Makes it easier to remember where stuff actually comes from as well, which is always handy knowledge.

pkelly, McFlex and zxd1997 like this.
  20. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

I think so, I always attach the original creator on my screenshots when I post it to a new place, but thanks for notice everything the not belong to myself need to be at least credit. I forgot that and I actually open some other's or isi's work to see how things are done or borrow one or two line of codes to implement something.
    I have always have great respect to modders like you and others, because with mods, the game is lively, just look at rf1 and ac that's the point. And do a good mod takes tons of work and no income/gain if it's free.
    thanks a lot for your advice, I will do my best to protect the original modders' right and respect for all of them.

memoNo1 likes this.