graphical error with the Spark F1, F2 and Eve F1 car

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by blagger, Jan 13, 2020.

1. blagger

blagger Registered

There is a graphical error with the Spark F1, F2 and Eve F1 car.
    The opponent cars have a semitransparent circle ca. 2 meters diameter at the back of the cars.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

blagger likes this.
  3. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

It is a shame that S397 refuse to fix the white car interiors on the EVE F2 which they broke on a build update over a year ago. :mad:

Mauro likes this.
  4. bwana

bwana Registered

I can hear Durge grumbling from here.

Emery, Seven Smiles and ADSTA like this.
  5. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I don't mod cars (or tracks) but surely these faults are in a small subset of the files that make up a mod. Why don't S397 publish those files and let modders fix the problems for them? S397 can then say thank you very much and update the mods with the fixes at almost no cost to themselves. There may be an issue with the licenses of real cars (if the license agreement forbids updating the car) but that's not an issue with fictitious cars as in this case.

bwana, Marisa, Mauro and 1 other person like this.
  6. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Basically there is no excuse for leaving bugs for over a year. I would be embarrassed to run a company this way.

Marisa likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

they are rebuilding the entire program, Focus has been for the last two years to get the new UI integrated with the old components. Not an excuse, just a reason. I don't think they will truthfully begin to address most graphic, solo play, or car updates until after the UI is more fully fleshed out, (and certainly not for cars they didn't build) the online comp system is up and running and the PBR shaders move from just the outside of the car to the interiors and tracks. About the only thing outside of those areas they have released have been content, both DLC and free.

8. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

All S397 are "building" is a new UI and CS. They have not touched the engine code. If it is their updates that broke something, be it ISI or theirs, it is their responsibility to fix it.

Just look at the latest BMW skins from them. Now even the skins are bugged... Quality is further sinking all the time.

9. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

What is a "Durge"? lol

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well this has gone south from a simple heat haze workaround.

They've certainly made changes to the graphic engine, that's why these things are happening. But UI and underlying work doesn't stop them fixing content and improving QA for new releases (especially DLC) and even wholesale content updates every 6 months wouldn't be a major hassle for users - at least things might be fixed.

When rF2 moved to steam one touted benefit was easier quick updates (not for content, but the game itself) and we've seen it a couple of times, but stuff like the new UI favorites search or game-breaking crashes like corrupt jsons or incompatible decimal separators are left alone for years. (new UI will be updated after a month - a long time for a beta update, especially when many just won't bother using it in the meantime)

Now I'm off on a tangent. Wonder when heat haze gets fixed?

11. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Heat haze and countless other bugs will never be fixed. S397's track record says so.

12. Emery

Emery Registered

I must be special because it has never stopped working for me.

I thought the infamous "Special Effects = Full/High/Med/Low/Off" controlled that, but it had no effect on heat haze when I just tested.

bwana likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't know if I've ever had the bubble that gets reported and 'fixed', either. Some people get it, others don't, often on the exact same content. Some people seem to be fine with certain content then the next day it's there (purely anecdotal, obviously). Either way there's an issue in there somewhere.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

Agreed.

Note that Coutie just wrote in the other thread "You should go into the player file, search for Transparency AA, and make sure it's set to true."