Circuit D'azur will not download after purchase.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ivor Thomas, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Ivor Thomas

Ivor Thomas Registered

Hi, I purchase some more DLC today, some of which I am sure I had already bought but hey ho, I have been ill for months and cant remember. The problem I have now is that this track will not auto download, I get the message 'missing unknown base mod'. I really hope that this was not an intentional hook to make you pay for something else as I already spent well over a hundred quid last year and another fifty just now.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

no, no, the track, IF you purchased Cote de Azur and NOT the Etrack Monaco, is a stand alone circuit. Usually that kind of message means you may have another version of the track or joined an online session that used it. You can check which DLC you have purchased in Steam. Follow the first couple of steps in this tutorial and you can verify which DLC you own.

Then check your packages screen to see if a mod is using Cote, look near the bottom usually. Hover your mouse over the individual mods.

3. Ivor Thomas

Ivor Thomas Registered

After reading some of the way through the thread....I have no previous versions of the track, I had not joined a server using the track until in desperation I tried that just now. It doesn't show up in packages, I have looked with Modmgr and found one mod using it (after trying to join a server running the track just now), which I deleted then restarted steam and it made no difference. I know which stuff I own NOW but regarding previous DLC I was sure I owned, if the website says I don't own it and it is not in my Steam Library I begin to doubt myself. Anyway back to my current problem, I have barely ran the game since reinstalling the game since a fresh windows install. I have had no problem with any previous purchase, the launcher always downloads and installs it, job done. So why a purchase would make itself reliant on stuff you may, or may not have had before I don't know. It should work out of the box as they say, that's what you pay for. By the way I didn't buy the Etrack, I don't want it.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I wanted to re-assure you that if you purchased the correct track, there was nothing more you needed. This is a technical issue not a sales trick. The particular issue you have is more often seen with cars rather than tracks so it may take longer to solve. I would suggest to use Steam to ensure you are using the latest version 1.117 OR the public beta. Then also in steam, verify the files. Both steps begin by right clicking on the rF2 listing in your Steam library. And the Inventory 'should' be correct, if the track is listed, you can unsubscribe, exit Steam and let it resubscribe automatically next time you load Steam. And while doing all of this, I ALWAYS reccomend checking your video settings as that option often gets reset to auto or default instead of your specific video card.(this won't solve the track problem, but is a good habit to start)

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Ivor, another way you can check your Steam purchase history for exact dates when you purchased items.
    At the top right of the Steam page
    ivor.png

6. Ivor Thomas

Ivor Thomas Registered

Look, I have been using rFactor, since rF1, I pretty much know the game inside out, I've modded for it even. Other than where Steam did not install the game redistributables when I reinstalled recently, I've never had an issue that I cannot solve myself. This is the second issue in a week that I have not been able to solve. This thread is also getting confused now, my current issue is with this one DLC only Cote D'azur, which shows as something I own (all the suggestions regarding previous DLC that I have had to buy twice are useless when Studio397's website tells you have not bought something and steams shop just echoes that).

Once paid for on Studio397's website, the launcher will automatically download it, there is no subscription process. Therefore there is no listing on steam to 'unsubscribe' from, in the rFactor 2 store there is no option to do it either. The launcher TRIES to download it, but cannot because of the error I have already stated.

Everything is Vanilla and installed properly and verified.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Steam is the key here Ivor. You go back to the days long before Steam, but Steam runs rF2 now. Work the issue through the suggestions above. We can't do more, yes you bought the track via S397, but it HAS to appear in the Steam inventory. Forget the launcher for now. Work it via Steam.

8. Ivor Thomas

Ivor Thomas Registered

I might even consider that explanation acceptable if it were not for the fact that the error is generated by the rFactor launcher, not steam, last time I looked Steam don't own rfactor. You made an agreement for Steam to host YOUR game. Passing the buck to them isn't going to cut it I'm afraid. After the frigging money I've spent on this game, I would expect a little more, my purchases are attached to this user name, go look them up if you have a database.

9. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Ivor, could you post a screen shot of the error here so we (including S397 staff) can see exactly what it says. When you say you've been ill for months, does this mean you've not used rF2 for months? S397 updated all their cars just recently and if you have any skin packs installed for them (like VLN skin pack) the skin packs will be out of date and throw the unknown base mod error which then stops you loading anything else.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....uires-unknown-base-mod-to-be-installed.64936/
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/where-is-my-dlc.64419/
    And just so you're aware, the people who've responded to you so far are all other users, not staff. We're all trying to help you with limited information about your problem. :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

We are users like yourself Ivor, and we ARE trying to help. Like it or not, until you eliminate the possibility of Steam and rF2 not communicating properly, we are stuck. Remember rF2 came out when Steam was barely an idea, It has only been in the last few years that rF2 was integrated into Steam. rF2 was never intended to work with such a service so it has always had some quirks. One of the reasons S397 has been working on new User Interface for 3 years is to better integrate with Steam. So, you can ignore the advice we are trying to give you. But Steam IS a part of rF2 now and we have been able to help a-lot of users like yourself by starting at Steam and progressing forward. Feel free to ignore our help.
    done

11. Ivor Thomas

Ivor Thomas Registered

I never ignore advice, I often repeat it several times but when a lot of advice ignores the original facts presented, or reverts to call center answers I switch off. As expected, when I contacted Steam and offered the error from the launcher, they referred me back to you. Having already been there, I worked through it myself and I have managed to download and install it myself, if you want a job doing blah blah. A major part of the problem for me was searching for Cote D'Azur problems, when it is essentially Paul Ricard. Was that a rename when you updated car sets? Might explain why I am now certain I have paid for the same items more than once, and no I didn't buy double, as I can read when it says 'This item is in your steam....' Once I have dug up my bank statements from then, I will get back to you.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The original advice did not ignore things. Your track did not appear in game. We gave you several items to try to verify you have the correct track and that it was available to load into rF2. We don't know the expertise of users asking questions so we try to start simply. Believe me, rF2 is a convoluted mess partly due to the fact two separate companies have contributed to it's growth. The original coders are completely out of the picture. A new company purchased rF2 and has been recreating it step by step.
    ok, so I'll walk thru it again and try to be more clear, my apologies. The new track was released as Cote D'Azur to avoid complications with a DLC track they sold last year bundled with the Formula E package(I know you meant Monaco & not Paul Ricard). The first track was the Monaco track, but only the part used by the Formula E series. About 6 months later they offered the entire Monaco track for sale and chose a different name to keep the two circuits separate. Just like Le Mans was referred to as Circuit de la Sarthe. I hope that is clear. Two track layouts at the same venue sold separately with zero connection between the two, thus two different names. Sorry if we didn't make that clear. You do not need the Formula E track to use Azur. The two track are completely separate.
    Now, when we said use Steam, we didn't mean call the Steam help center, what we meant was you need to do several things inside of steam before loading rf2. You can run rF2 without the Steam boot but all the DLC purchases are sorted by Steam's client, not rF2. I and others posted links or screen shots inside of Steam for you to examine. Please do that now. Follow the links/screenies near the start and INFORM US if you find the track in Steam's inventory. How we help you is based on that. We are trying to ascertain if STEAM knows you have the track(because if Steam doesn't show it, it will not be in-game). I'm willing to bet that your manual install of the track may not have registered with the Steam Client. So please. Load Steam, verify your files, ascertain which version you are running, (should be v1.117) check your vid settings & verify rF2 is using your vid card, not the auto option(also uncheck the 32bit box if it is checked), and look for your purchase in your Steam inventory. THEN we may have a clearer idea of the path to help you. We don't need your bank statements, we need to see what is in Steam. Simple as that. If possible, take some screenshots so we can clearly view all the items in your Steam inventory.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  13. Ivor Thomas

Ivor Thomas Registered

You're telling me it's a mess, you are selling car packs on Steam, everyone of which I own individually, but Steam will quite happily take your money to buy everything twice by buying the pack. I am not well enough to take anymore of this crap, I don't even know anymore who I am supporting when I hand over my bloody money. Believe me when I say I WILL get to the bottom of this and someone will pay.

14. Goanna

Goanna Registered

ffs mate stop carrying on like a pork chop and give some actual answers to questions asked of you and we may be able to help. Please post a screenshot of the missing base mod error...that will give everyone a starting point to fix this for you.

15. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Or take it up with S397 via their support email. We don't deserve listening to your crap.

Goanna likes this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Ivor Thomas you're talking to other users, not game devs. We will suggest the usual things because they usually work, even if it doesn't make sense. Remember the 32 bit runtimes? You could easily have said to me "I'm running 64 bit, not 32 bit" and still not fixed the issue - and I've had that response before.

Dave linked to his own tutorial earlier, and that fixes most of these issues. Instead of reading the thread and deciding it's not going to help you, just do it and if it doesn't help at least it's another item ticked off. By the sounds of it it would have.

PS Cote D'Azur is Monaco, not Paul Ricard. There was a Formula E short version of Monaco, that's separate.

Goanna likes this.
  17. Ivor Thomas

Ivor Thomas Registered

Hoooray for the wannabes, tell you what, shove you, the forum, the game, bye bye Lard Ass

18. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

You'll be missed, as an example of how not to act when asking for help. :rolleyes:

19. Ivor Thomas

Ivor Thomas Registered

You read Dave's post, how he said it's a MESS? Why don't you read the whole thread, how much I've spent on this game and the fact I said I READ THAT BLOODY THREAD, but as usual you jump to stock answers and BS. I bet I was gaming before you were born and spent more on this game than you ever will. FFS as someone said. Grow up, grow a pair and grow some responsibility for a product people pay through the nose for. You have all the last words you want now, this game will have no further support from me. I WILL BE PURSUING PAYING FOR THINGS TWICE, legally if necessary.

20. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Gaming before 1956 eh, don't think so son. Where's the screenshot as requested?