Released BMW M2 CS Racing released!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Marcel Offermans, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Mikk Quickmikk

Mikk Quickmikk Guest

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The M2 drives over bumps like a crazy cow, really scary and uncontrollable especially in curves.
    It seems that he has only 1 centimeter of suspension travel and would hit the bump stops extremely fast.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Ronnie likes this.
  3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I want to see this driving moo moo.
    Maybe it's not the cow that's crazy. ;)
    What track were you on?

4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

If you drive the line a little bit different in the 4th curve of the Nürburgring and maybe still have some slip, the car swings up, just terrible. But also Dubai can be driven without any problems with the GT3 and GTE, the BMW is terrible. I don't know if this corresponds to reality and BMW has designed a terrible chassis or if there is a mistake in the physics. I know that the Callaway Corvette in the first version showed the same behaviour, which I criticized. In the second version this behaviour was fixed.

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

This seems strange...yeah.

Can you make the suspension a bit stiffer overall (rebound, ARBs and springs) to see, which influence it has to the behaviour? I don't have the car, but it seems, like it's oscillating very strongly...:confused:

6. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Looks a bit exaggerated. Can't imagine it has the stiffness of a GTE/GT 3 rocket, but not that way.

7. Andregee

Andregee Registered

It was all adjusted to the softest spring settings with higher rebound settings to reduce the massive bounce . With stiffer springs, it's more strange. You can do what you want, there is no way to change this behaviour

8. CrimsonEminence

Yeah, there is some culprit, doing some weird things, physics, or setup wise, this bouncing from the left to the right, oscillating the whole corner, isn't what a race car should do...not even a sports car. Did you started experiencing this with complete default set?^^

Softer springs make the car even more oscillating, though, that's the downside of a supposed to be overall more grippy, comfortable setup, it's getting even more unprecise and less settled.

Harder rebound should reduce oscillating of the suspension, so this seems to do it's job.

Could be strange behaviour of the chassis movement.
    Tried results of several ARB settings? The car is doing this on rolling movement, so it doesn't absorb the energy, like it should/could.

2 days ago, Aris from KS showed some setup work on stream in ACC, whith an also very bouncy car, curing it by making the ARBs harder (it was even on the rear, but made the whole car way more stable), to counteract chassis movement, very interesting to see, it was working quite well. :)

When it is the same, not getting better, or even worse, whith any setting, then something could be very strange in suspension work here...what a surprise whith recent rF2 cars:rolleyes: It's starting to get frustrating...

gunner1483, VirusGR42 and Ronnie like this.
  9. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Hey hey, what do you mean with your last sentence? :D

10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

What everyone thinks. S397 is very talented. But the unorganized hierarchy is in an incomplete state. And nothing is done about it. The protective wall is the UI. No fix since release. GT3 has not been working as it should for a year. GTE has received a dubious BOP update. And so on and so on. Nevertheless, they are currently the best Sim on the market. I can only repeat myself. Let's see what Reiza does and how RRE develops.

11. CrimsonEminence

That there are many things, that needed fixing for a long time and it's getting worse instead of better. No hate here, it's no secret.^^

Marisa likes this.
  12. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

I didn't like the Update of the Endurance Pack from last summer either, but the last update in December fixed that and I think the GTEs feel better than ever, as well the GT3 cars feel much better since. If people want things fixed, maybe they should stop asking constantly for new stuff.

13. CrimsonEminence

What exactly feels better? They got no fixes in car behaviour, just graphical fitting to the actual shading (and UI).
    Also no mentioning in the changelogs of any physics or car-dynamics updates.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  14. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

Did you actually try them since? The power is back and they don't feel like driving on rails anymore.

15. CrimsonEminence

More than once...they are still the same...did you set the Le Mans package in the showroom (i had to force it by myself), or did you tried it with the default kit?

They feel good in terms of FFB, they are still tailhappy af, if you want to get competitive times out of them. The complaints never were because of "driving on rails". The complaints were about too low engine inertia and way too nervous handling in fast sections, especially in the Porsche Curves at Le Mans. Try to get sub 3:50 with the RSR for example...have fun ;) (i'm not able to push even the M8, which is still faster, somewhere near it at normal track grip)

Also the tailhappyness is something, that most of the newer car-dynamics have...

16. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

I don't expect to be faster than professional drivers in real life, but I lost about 5 to 7 secs with BOP last summer and now I'm faster than before. I know about the settings in the showroom.

17. CrimsonEminence

Maybe you just improved a bit ;)
    There were no fixes for car dynamics announced in the roadmap...

The GTE are still almost stalling while starting, no matter what clutchwork you do, they're still unbalanced in fast corners, no matter, what aero-balance they got plugged in...

Also, not on rails any more does more likely mean, that something is even more off, these aren't cars, that are supposed to slide very much.

But this is getting more OT now, let's focus on what is causing oscillations on a longitudinal axis on the M2 and i highly suspect chassis movement, for some reason...or wrong damper settings, i'm not aware, how much it is possible, to tweak the suspension, because i don't own the car yet (and not tempted to get it very soon, when seeing this)

18. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

From the roadmap:

GTE
    – ALL: Diffuser adjustment in GTE cars to reduce aero push oversteer of leading car.

Porsche 991 RSR GTE – v1.99
    Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTE – v2.05
    BMW M8 GTE – v1.81
    Aston Martin Vantage GTE – v1.11

CrimsonEminence and mesfigas like this.
  19. Goanna

Goanna Registered

and this one from a couple of days ago;

CrimsonEminence and mesfigas like this.
  20. CrimsonEminence

Ah yes, i forgot about that! Sry :D

This is a characteristic, that was showing, if you were driving in a field with other cars, but this still isnt't one of the more popular issues, like engine behaviour and the excessive lift off oversteer in fast sections on knifes edge, these problems still remain and aren't fixed. Also no mentioning of more power whatsoever and top speeds are the same with the Le Mans Kit, as before...