Graphic improvement since december/roadmap ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrivingFast, Jan 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

A question that people who have read the roadmap and speak perfect English will be able to answer :

Is the third wave of graphic improvement supposed to be seen now ?

With all tracks and all cars or only those recently updated and optimized ?

I'm not sure I see an improvement, but I have the impression on most modded tracks (placebo ???) that there is an improvement.

Thank you.

PS:

I find the graphics of rF2 rather pleasant, the graphic performance on the other hand seems to me insufficient with AI (number, visible, CPU), rain, various time of the day.

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

That stuffed up any chance of us convicts helping. :D

If you're talking about this mystery post https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/incoming-all-cars-will-be-updated.64776/
    apart from car icons for the UI, I don't recall seeing any official patchnotes or changelog.

Someone dared to ask a question and https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-will-be-updated-question-maybe-stupid.64777/

See, you said speak, didn't mention reading. It seems I didn't do very good at that, sorry. I'll blame holiday season :oops:

I'm sure someone who pays more attention to those matters will drop by for a chat. ;)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    2ndLastJedi and JimmyT like this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I wouldn't say I speak perfect English but the roadmap doesn't really say one way or the other. With my limited knowledge of shaders I'd guess content needs to be updated for it (and it probably hasn't been done yet except for maybe the very newest releases) so if you're seeing improvements on third party content it's probably placebo - as they aren't releasing further modding info until everything is in.

JimmyT and DrivingFast like this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I would guess that only le mans uses latest tech. Well from tracks.. Oh probably azure track too, I don't have it yet.

5. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

The roadmap mentions some improvements in the lighting and it seemed to me improved a bit.

DrivingFast likes this.
  6. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

I think they changed the tone mapping (again). You can definitely notice the improved contrast, e.g shadows aren't so dark anymore.
    The new materials for trees at Le Mans also are looking much better.

7. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Not sure if, as an Aussie (convict? @ADSTA ), I should be offended.
    You're certainly limiting the available pool of people able to respond (to maybe 3?) :p:p:D

ADSTA likes this.
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Oh man, missed the perfect english part. Sorry, I should have not answered :D

9. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I just wanted to say that for people who are not from English-speaking countries, or who do not have real English skills, the part of the roadmap evoking graphic improvements is not necessarily easy to understand, especially that some elements techniques were present :D

10. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

"It is I mother. I shall be home later. I am going out for some milk with the boys". :p

JimmyT and ADSTA like this.