New UI - Opinions and suggestions by the Community (see first post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fábio Martins, Dec 20, 2019.

1. J7166

J7166 Registered

I would just like a new UI that works. I've yet to get the damn thing to work

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

most folks HAVE gotten the UI to at least work, so what are the issues?

3. J7166

J7166 Registered

Turns out the issue was Reshade. Completely uninstalled Reshade, and rf2 doesn't look nearly as good, but the new UI is working.

4. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I honestly haven't gone thorough this whole thread, so if I mention something listed, I'm sorry. Just basing things off the first post.

Dev Mode - Should be a selectable from that initial Steam pop up (Run rFactor2, rFactor Config). I had to revert back just to gain access back to dev mode.

Icons - Weather it is a custom button to auto screenshot the icon, or a "lock" to lock the camera, something to make that process quicker. IMO, the original rF1 spinner is best, or the way that AMS has their spinner.

Showroom - Along with the Icons, I know I mentioned this previously. With painting cars, and not being able to load encrypted models into a modeling program makes painting difficult. If possible there should be an update to the showroom to allow to zoom in further and to be able to adjust the lighting. When you are trying to make pixel perfect changes, not being able to get that close gives me anxiety :)

Custom Cars - This process should be cleaned up. Virtual rides and now I'm seeing .rfcmp being used for individual skins. Each have things that are work only with their respective system, and each have things that do not work with their respective system. I'm having issues with some mods that have custom skins, that will not show in the selection menu when there is a custom skin. For example, the Enduracers mod.

That is it for now. So for I agree with everything else listed in the first post.

TheGame316 likes this.
  5. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

Agree!