December update = I cannot get my GT3 cars back!

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Fantomaz, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Fantomaz

Fantomaz Registered

Hi,

Since my december update I get the "this car" requires unknown base mod to be installed for all my paid GT3 cars.

I tried unsubscribing thru the inventory and no cigar. If I unsubscribe then re subscribe then relaunch I get the "requires unknown base mod blah blah" thing. If I only unsubscribe the launcher re-downloades the car and I still get the same message.

This is quite infuriating. Help please.... :-/

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

a couple of possible solutions. You may have installed a skin pak, like the VLN or Esports packs which might be out of date. So the sim is looking for an older version of the car to apply the skin pak to. The solution for this is to either check the dload site for an updated version, or use the package screen to remove the mod itself. Then the unsub/resub should hopefully work. Always remember, when unsubscribing, make sure rF2 is not active and that you exit Steam completely once you unsubscribe.
    If you do find an updated version of your skins, look for instructions there on how to remove the old package before installing the new skins.
    The other possible conflict would be if you joined, or attempted to join a server that uses the older car versions(or at least did prior to the update) Then you would have to examine the package screen again for mods that use the older car version. (usually at the bottom of the screen)

3. Fantomaz

Fantomaz Registered

Thanks for your reply, I have not installed any skin pack nor joined any servers. I will try again the unsub/resub manipulation just as you describe, I will let you know. Thanks again!

4. Fantomaz

Fantomaz Registered

Ok, I just tried EXACTLY this:

Started Steam.
    Unsubscribed to all my gt3 cars from the inventory page
    Shut Steam down.
    Restarted Steam
    Subscribed to my GT3 cars from the inventory page, steam downloaded some stuff.
    Started RF2
    I got the "syncing with steam workshop" and AGAIN it tries installing the cars but I get the error message "requires unknown base mod blah blah" for each GT3 car.

Please please please let me know what I can do to sort this out, I was actually thinking about treating myself to the nurburing and the BMW M2 CS as a christmas present to myself but if I can't get back the content I paid for in the game, we have a serious problem... :-/

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

What exactly does it say.... you’re saying “requires unknown base mod blah blah", we need to know what the blah blah bit is. We’re guessing from what you are describing it’s not the S397 content that is the problem but a third party mod/skinpack that you are subscribed to that is out of date.

Are you subscribed to this? => https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1847879631

6. Fantomaz

Fantomaz Registered

Ok, I get it, I never subscribed to any skins but my son just admitted that he did subscribe to the skinpack in question!

Sorry for all the aggravation... :-/ And thanks for the support! :)

I guess i just unsubscribe, and everything should be back in order right?

Also, with some cars I get some severe stuttering/dropped frames on the first lap of the spa (imported) circuit just before eau rouge, which is pretty critical, but the frame rate never goes under 75, any ideas where it could come from?

7. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Yep, if you unsubscribe from the skin pack, you shouldn’t get that error....might pay to let the author know that his skin pack is now out of date.
    Re the stuttering in eau rouge, it seems to be a track thing, I’ve noticed a few people mentioning the same symptoms at eau rouge.

8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

The eau rouge thing might be where the pit exit line merges with the race line, in the AI file there may be a node that overlaps or is not connected properly and I have found this to cause some issues with graphics at times (not sure why). It can also cause the AI cars to slow down if the connections are too far out or the lines don't merge properly. A track modder might be able to verify this(or shoot it down in flames :D)
    I also get mild stuttering at this spot on occasions.