Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yeah thats what im using but its also an AV. ;)

mixer61 likes this.
  2. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I like the idea of the current chat/alerts box, but imho at least the two most recent messages should be always visible somewhere, in the top-center area for example, and then having a button to expand it as it is now.
    Is pretty easy to loose a message or a vote, and also when voting, there is no visual confirmation of your vote.

Yesterday i did my first first online race with the new ui and i liked the position/gap graph at the end of the race, but perhaps is better to place it in a "show more", bigger page, rather than in the standing page under the driver name.

Gonzo, GT_ONE and Emery like this.
  3. pascom

pascom Registered

I am stuck after selecting All Tracks & Cars after driving on a server
    [​IMG]

4. Fineraft

Fineraft Registered

So, a bit weird, but customising a car is not possible, nor exiting the customisation screen

5. vernwozza

vernwozza Registered

Hi there.

I was told this is the best place to leave feedback about the new UI.

My two major gripes. 1) Constantly searching for my "favourite" servers every time I go on the race screen 2) Removed the start option Rolling Vs Standing

Oh also, couldn't find a way to exit out of showroom.

Matt Webb and Emery like this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The favorite server is known, supposedly fixed whenever the first update arrives. For now, choose one server, any server and it won't spend all day looking for others. I would assume the lowest ping would be preferable. I've been in the showroom and left with no issue, so it's probably something I wouldn't even think about like the esc key. good luck

vernwozza likes this.
  7. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Bug in single player, opponent selection (maybe allready communictated, dont know): I have selected mysef a car, Porsche GT3-R in this case. I go to customize session settings and select BMW M6 as opponent, return to main (race) screen and my car selection has changed to BMW... . If I reselect now Porsche, go to session settings -> Opponents, the selected BMW opponents have changed to Porsche too.
    It might be a "feature" to keep car classes equal but I don´t like that rf2 automatically changes MY intentional selection. A confirmation message box would be nice at least.
    Multi-List selection in Opponents list and a remove button to remove that selection only would be helpful btw

Emery likes this.
  8. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

And a proposal for save setups: a check to see only the current track folder would be nice. Currently you do not even see a * as marker for current track folder.
    Bug: Whenever you click a folder in save setup, the setup name is lost and gets blank - you have to retype, argh.
    Btw: for setup loading the auto filter to show only folders where suitable sets are in is nice, however leagues sometimes pack cars into a mod and you will not find a suitable standard setup because the setup file header varies. The "ALL" button of old UI is missing

Emery, ADSTA and Rui Santos like this.
  9. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

It automatically changing the car you're driving is definitely a bug of some sort. Changing the opponents to the same class as the car you just selected is a feature, though, and you can disable that in player.json

10. Paulo Silva

Paulo Silva Registered

Guys a question of mine, with the new UI will be possible to have more languages? Would a translation into other languages be easier?

mixer61, svictor and pascom like this.
  11. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

It would be very nice if, with the introduction of the new UI, a template for creating the thumbnails for your own skins could also be included

Happy new year @ all

12. EricW

EricW Registered

In the old situation we had the menu where you choose a car, session, etc.
    When you finally pushed race, the loading started.
    Which I see as a front end.
    We actually even had another front-end in before that in the old situation, which i found a bit frustrating to be honest, so already a big improvement there.
    Now the setupmenu and race eventmenu are still split up, devided by a long loading time in a ugly and buggy steamVR view.
    Is it not possible to stay in the menu during loading and switch when all needed resources are loaded?
    At least graphically with a progress bar or something...

13. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

As a non vr user I'm interested in seeing what a buggy view looks like.
    Also with this line, "Now the setupmenu and race eventmenu are still split up" do you want the track to load and go straight to you sitting in the car at your garage?

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think @EricW doesn't like a separation between the main game menu and the weekend interface (from where you jump in the car, or adjust garage settings etc). I asked for clarification because it seems a strange request - as far as I know pretty much any game has to load content between the main menu and the game itself. I would agree with a request to make something more useful available to the player while the 3d content is being loaded up - whether that's information on the content, or even access to the garage or game settings, while the content loads in the background and the associated UI elements become available when it's done.

15. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Grid girls, Lazza! :cool:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    pascom and Filip like this.
  16. RKing

RKing Registered

Very nice and easy to use.
    How about a way to sort Locations and vehicles by various aliases, tags or the like. i.e. F1 Tracks, GT3 Cars, Germany, UK, USA etc. Maybe more input in the mft file
    Cheers!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  17. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Please make "NOTES" on setup somehow visible, i can't see them and i'm not able to continue my testing work on a setup without reading them!

Emery likes this.
  18. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

The chat is a bit strange, it goes from bottom to top (unusual), but the top message is not the most recent one

Cattura1.PNG

Emery and Alex72 like this.
  19. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Yes, we should at least be able to invert this...

Emery likes this.
  20. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

What if the new UI could make a check if there was thumbnails and if not it would take one from a specified angle in the showroom. Just go to the showroom once and a thumbnail is made or maybe a button to press that creates all the necessary thumbnails and images.