Released New!!!! Two Strong Pack (McLaren Senna GTR / The Aston Vantage GTE)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Art

Art Registered

not working...
    its only with engine sounds...

2. oppolo

oppolo Registered

just bought, is the DRS on GTR non working?

3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Hypercars don't have DRS. Why it's on the display nobody knows :p

Edit: Unless McLaren carried it over from the P1.

oppolo likes this.
  4. maklongfung

maklongfung Registered

No, the real McLaren Senna GTR do have DRS, where the rear wing is working in harmony with the front aero blades once it was in active. You can look at this youtube video below:

get 200% focus from 2:39 to 2:40 in the video, you can see when the car brake, the rear wing just lift up, and the front flaps in the air intake hole below the headlight is folding upward!!! Therefore, the wing elements will pivots automatically.

This just like how the official website state that:
    "The GTR active rear wing with air brake and drag reduction system [DRS] is a perfect example. Working in harmony with the front aero blades, it pivots automatically, either reducing drag at high speed – or increasing downforce under braking."
    source: https://cars.mclaren.com/en/ultimate-series/mclaren-senna-gtr

So, I do think the rfactor 2 version is already integrate this element in the physics (actually just an overall drag value for the car, nothing special... because it assume the drag-downforce balance change automatically as usual as in the real car), however, rfactor 2 doesn't have a physics for "DRS" deactivated or it doesn't provide a graphical effect for the moving wings for the car. Therefore, you will see "DRS" icon in the dashboard which means that the DRS is active in this car, you can enjoy the physics but not the graphic at this moment. I don't know if they can make this graphical effect in the later updates, I hope they do so. HAHA~~~

5. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Simply no. There are cars with an adjustable rear wing and working DRS physics.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

rF2 can display a moving wing which does change the downforce as it pivots.(either less drag when flat, or more downforce + Drag when angled). An example would be the 67 endurance mod of the Howstons which includes a Chaparral 2d. You can watch the wing move from an exterior cam and you can feel the difference when driving.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  7. maklongfung

maklongfung Registered

You're right, rfactor 2 do have car for adjustable rear wing and working DRS physics but not for this one. The DRS for Mclaren senna doesn't like the DRS from F1 cars where the flaps have an fixed angle of movement.

Look at this, the rear wing from Mclaren senna will have an adjustable angle in response to brakes and acceleration. Mclaren senna GTR probably have the same mechanism of it. Therefore, for the physics part it simply one drag and one downforce value for this Mclaren senna GTR because it assume that things will adjust automatically in both the corner and the straight...

It doesn't like a F1 car where you have a button to press to open up the rear wing and the drag just gone suddenly. What DRS do in the Mclaren senna GTR is changing both front flaps and rear wing angle smoothly in response to the brakes and acceleration input. That's why there are no such DRS physics is needed for the Mclaren senna GTR, like the lines below:

FlapDrag=(0.011,0.63)
    FlapLift=(-0.08,0.63)

And therefore, we are not lacking a F1 like DRS physics, we are lacking a physics for a DRS deactivated "Mclaren senna GTR" here... and if consider the model now is simulating the DRS activated "Mclaren senna GTR", we lack a graphical effect for both moving front flaps and rear wing in response to the brakes and acceleration input.

Is that clear now?? :):) Sorry for my bad explanation in the previous reply.

davehenrie likes this.
  8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The real reason DRS isnt being used is because it's a fantasy hypercar, nothing else.

9. maklongfung

maklongfung Registered

It already been there physically, just not visually.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Nope, the car physics is partially made up to fit a hypercar regs and as part of that DRS is not included

11. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Finally I have decided to buy this pack. I liked the Aston Martin GTE a lot, I have been testing it in nurburgring and I really enjoyed it. For the price of two beers you can be very entertaining for many hours. And everything to support the development of rf2

12. Ermz

Ermz Registered

Just did a video covering the Senna part of this pack. Loved driving it, but apparently missed the memo that this car now exists in the real world!

13. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

It's funny to read that people aren't happy with prices.

I live in 3rd world country and I bought R3E content for 80 euros and I can't say that I am very upset. RF2 in the background of R3E provides a lot of content for funny money.

In addition, the inexpensive RRE circuit is only for discounts or packages. But why do I need extra cars? And I doubt that anyone buys a full-pack at once. For example, I bought gradually and not always with discounts. And yes - don't forget the 0,26 $ livery.

RF2 is very transparent in this regard . There is steam and there is price. You can give it back if you don't like it.
    R3E - there is a separate shop, so there is no regional price Steam. It is not profitable. You can't return anything. I'd like to give back 5-10 livery, but there's no such opportunity.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  14. Dmitri

Dmitri Registered

@Studio397
    Senna GTR
    I dont want to say fix it but can you please give this thing a bit better brake's, carbon one, and drop its front aerolift.
    This will make this car more suitable for racing.
    Cause at the moment its more like todays F1 . Fun driving but boring to race. Since you cant chase anyone close enough.

Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  15. Stockers

Stockers Registered

Anybody finding the AI when driving the GTR at Le Mans spinning out at the last corner.

16. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

The McLaren GTR is the worst official car in RF2 for graphics performance, next to a full field of GT3’s the FPS drops to half with the McLaren’s. Fecking ridiculous!

17. lagg

lagg Registered

Is using the word "feck" in all your posts a promise or is it just a coincidence?

McKiernan and Remco Majoor like this.
  18. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Its not in all my posts

19. lagg

lagg Registered

You have lost the challenge, then?

Remco Majoor and ADSTA like this.
  20. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

I like the GTR. Turn off the driver assists and tune it to the track and it drives really nicely. Haven't done an races with others, just AI and with strong settings it seems to be race able too.