Camera work. Studio 397, you need proper cameras in this sim!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dmitri, Jun 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Dmitri

Dmitri Registered

I can't believe there is no such topics but what about cameras in this sim ?
    Studio 397. We as a community need proper cameras to be able to make good quality videos. You, as a sim developer should be interested in this more then anyone else. Because this is a free marketing possibilities. At this moment camera work even worst then it was in rfactor1. Please put some work in to it. Or at least make a freemove onboard camera, with zoom possibilities ,correct exposure ect.
    I hope you understand how it works on youtub. New car in sim and bam! There are multiple ACC videos with it and none of it made by sim developers them self.

2. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Yep, that's another area that need a deep look at, despite i agree that there are parts that need more attention for now...

Steve Olden likes this.
  3. Dmitri

Dmitri Registered

New UI and you made it even worst. ;)

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I also would like to point out that some tracks has reasonably great trackside cameras, while others doesn't. For me it makes great difference for observing cars. IMO there should always be minimum two sets, one that would be focused on large field of view to see racing and lots of cars at once, and then small fov focused cameras to enjoy observing the physics and car model.

5. doddynco

doddynco Registered

I need to be able to move the virtual seat forward more. For some reason there's a arbitrary limit of between 100-400mm of seat movement depending on the car. If you are using a screen and you're trying to simulate a proper view, the camera needs to be moved forward the same distance as the screen is from your eyes (around 700mm in my case). Only then can the field of view be correctly set without it looking like you're sat in the back seat. About a million tutorials on FOV seem to miss this - everyone has the wrong seat position/FOV.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

Trackside cameras suffer greatly if you have trackir, more often than not you are under the ground .

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That makes no sense. The in game camera needs to be where your eyes would be. Then with the correct fov the screen will act as a window.

What people normally do is run a higher FOV so they can see more than just in front of them, then move the camera forward so they aren't looking at the entire front dash. I think that's what you mean.

Either way the seat movement range is defined in the car.

Emery likes this.
  8. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Ignore me I've had too much Christmas pudding. How do I make the cockpit model invisible?

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think there's a player.JSON parameter that allows you to make the model invisible. Someone asked about that fairly recently (in rF2 terms, < 6 months ago :))

doddynco likes this.
  10. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

This be it me thinks:
    "Partial Cockpit View":0,
    "Partial Cockpit View#":"0=normal cockpit view, 1=wheels & suspension only, 2=wheels only",

I have a feeling I read somewhere that this is if you have a life size open wheel cockpit, without tyres I imagine, and a projector or other huge screen.
    Display wheels only then position the cockpit to suit.

doddynco likes this.