SOLVED Failure downloading workshop item for Dedi

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by juakorossi, Nov 28, 2019.

1. juakorossi

juakorossi Registered

Hi guys,

I've been hosting from the same pc that I use as client and now I wanted to use another pc to hosting. I followed the guide from Studio 397 by using SteamCMD but when tried to download any item from workshop it send me an error message "Error! Download item ***** failed (Failure)", (image below)

I searched on several pages but till now nothin worked. So I hoped someone knows or had the same error could help me, I'll really appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

2. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Same issue here. I can update rF2 using SteamCMD but it fails when downloading mods. I'm doing something wrong. I'm using this: steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\RaceServer2\rfactor2-dedicated +workshop_download_item 365960 1939103913 +quit
    Anyone spot the problem?

3. Goanna

Goanna Registered

For content you need to use your steam credentials ie login username password etc

4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Cheers mate.....Need to get the password then.

5. juakorossi

juakorossi Registered

Thank you. It worked after log in.

6. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

OR you can go to that folder on your client PC (eg: 365960 1939103913) and copy the rfcmp file in it, to your packages folder on your server. Then use mod manager to install. It's clunky but if you're only doing one file occasionally it's not so bad.

7. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

That's how I've been doing it. As my comp isn't "authorized" they sent a code but I haven't been able to get it working as yet. Have to stick to the slow way for now.