New UI - Opinions and suggestions by the Community (see first post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fábio Martins, Dec 20, 2019.

1. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

It doesn't bother me that you are doing this list but the way you are doing it seems a bit biased.
    Are you listing (every) suggestion the community wants or only what you want? Only 14 suggestions from 400 posts and that is just the "official" announcement thread.
    I for one think removing version numbers so it looks neat is a bad idea. Displaying version numbers is important, especially with 3rd party content on servers. Much better to see if you have a matching mod before joining a server.
    Editing track names, once again a bad idea. Adding your preferred name to the original name for your convenience is a fantastic idea as not all mods are named logically.
    Don't forget it's not all about how the UI looks, it has to be informative and practical.

M Lynn likes this.
  2. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

Read the posts. That are not many suggestions. So your first point does not make any sense. This thread could have 500000 posts and just 1 suggestion. Take time to read the thread.

The version numbers should not be in track selection. PERIOD. This is the only sim with such noise in the menu. This could have the track number but in other place.

In your last point, you contradict yourself. So I did not understand.

Go to the "official" thread if you want. Don`t be just "noise" in this one.

I`m not being paid to do this. So you should thank me. Just ignore, or do better.

And now we have 2 more posts without any suggestion:rolleyes:. See what I did here?

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

So opinion from a community member that something is not a good idea or suggesting how a good idea be implemented is deemed worthless by the person who claims he wants to list the Opinions and suggestions by the Community.
    The same person who said, and I quote, "I hope the crying babies that cant see any critic and suggestions, can keep their fingers out of the keyboard".
    Don't claim you speak or represent the community and then not listen to our input when it goes against your personal goal.

4. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

"Are you listing (every) suggestion the community wants or only what you want? Only 14 suggestions from 400 posts and that is just the "official" announcement thread."
    400 posts? What you`re talking about? There are only 86 posts in this thread, and this is today number! How did you come up with "400 posts"?

And what suggestion you have made?
    I repeat:
    what suggestion you have made?

Sorry bud, you are trashing this thread. You are a bully.
    Don`t talk sh*t. I put in the first page every single suggestion made in this thread. Sorry if I forget some suggestion that you may have made...don`t cry because of that. Grow up and be a man.
    You`re just trying to close this thread.

Do you want to be useful? Open your own thread with suggestions, or write in the another "official" thread. You`re not welcome here, because you`re not bringing nothing good. You had your opportunity.

With all due respect, the state of Rfactor 2 today, is because people like you. That simple cannot understand what a thread like this can add to a project that involve a lot of money. It`s weird I`m saying this, because I really think you may have 15 years, so you`re clearly not mature enough to understand the magnitude of all of this. I`m sorry if I`m wrong. We are on Rfactor foruns. Not some childish community. You want the RFACTOR 2 to progress or not? It`s time to stop joking around and take it seriously.
    If we can make a difference of 0,1 with this thread, then is worth it. What you did to help the project with your negativity? Exactly. Nothing.

And now one last thing to you.
    Forget RFACTOR 2. You really have to grow up. You should not be so negative in your life. Your future will not be bright if you continue that way.
    Just because you`re not good in life, you not have the right to spread your negativity in what other people do. Start being a good person today, and tomorrow you will be happy.
    And your messages from now on, will be ignored. I will ignore them, just for the sake of this thread that was made to make the progress of RFACTOR 2 easier.

If you guys (not you) want to give suggestions, to be added to the first post, I will be here, and this thread is open. Other conversations, will be ignored.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

6. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

#Ignored

7. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

Update - Deleted billboards thing, from the first post, because it does not have nothing to do with UI.

8. Jirka Gillig

Jirka Gillig Registered

My opinion related to this new UI is: considering it took something like 3 years to develop this pre-alpha ugly looking and unlogical+slow interface I would suggest to start from scratch. Up from the ground with new engine. Look at what Kunos did in the same time that S397 took to develop this nightmare. I like driving some cars in RF2 a lot but I am just afraid it is not going in the right direction. The gap to other sims slowly widens and all the effort and resources dedicated to new UI seem wasted. Sadly. Back to old UI anyway.

9. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

That`s what happens when someone take too much time to do something that people really want, with all the delays etc. It`s really hard to live up to the expectations.

But I think this UI could be really good with some changes. With a dark mode facelift and more important, with some more functionalities (to add real value), it could be gold.

The first step is to identify the problems to solve, and not be someone that says "it`s fine" to everything. Those persons don`t have the eyes, to see what`s wrong and what could and should be better. We must be picky. And I will be really picky in a few days (I suspect a lot of people will cry. Those 13 things to change will be more than 150). It`s my real life profession. So sorry, but I don`t really care about feelings. I just see a product and give my opinion. I this case, I give it for free because I really thing RF2 is the best SIM out there and it`s my hobby. The developers can do what they want with the information (that could be always subjective).

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Jirka Gillig the new UI is running on an entirely new system. I suspect and hope more thought was put into the underlying system and future feature integration than the UI layout and navigation - and some of the vacant areas may be awaiting WIP stuff.

11. Emery

Emery Registered

Fabio - as has already been mentioned several times, you should be following the official thread because this thread is redundant to it. There are over 400 posts in the official thread and it is being closely monitored by the developers. Summarizing the suggestions in that thread would be more useful to the community.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-is-here-instructions-on-how-to-opt-in.64784/

Or you can continue ranting in this unofficial thread... the choice is yours.

TheGame316 and billyblaze like this.
  12. Jirka Gillig

Jirka Gillig Registered

Yeah I would be happy if its like that. For me the look of the new UI for some reason already is pretty outdated. In my case this perception is probably multiplied by the fact the the UI on my tripple screen (3x1440p) looks very pixelated and blurry. Talking strictly appearance wise I have to admit that most of the competitive sims that I play (acc, ams, r3e, ac) have prittier and more pleasant (for me) UI. Maybe its just a matter of getting used to it. So even though I expect the impovements to come (probably in several years time) the UI is already miles behind the competition. Fortunately there are other sides of this sim where its on par or ahead. But for how long? I start to believe that ACC is overtaking the crown not only on gfx and sound front, but also on physics and ffb front. At least for me. Their simulation is really deep and the racing immersion is unbeatable for me. Not to talk about the speed and dedication to eliminate the bugs.

FAlonso likes this.
  13. RKing

RKing Registered

I had to be away for a few years. Is there a new UI? I still have the original and have all the updates, I think.
    Cheers!

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

15. RKing

RKing Registered

Thanks for your reply @davehenrie.

The only option I have is to opt out or enter code. Do I need a code?

EDIT:
    Apparently rF2 was active and options were locked. Works now. Thanks again.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  16. EricW

EricW Registered

No moderators on this forum?
    This is called a double post, and even of a official S397 topic..
    Confused..

17. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

I think nicely made options is a must in 2k20. I mean things like msaax4 instead of aa=3 and so on.

18. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

I don`t see any double post anywhere. Stop flaming threads.

19. EricW

EricW Registered

i'm not flaming anything Fabio, take a breath...Than its a double thread, I don't see the point of two seperate threads on the exact same subject and therefore my reaction.
    Call it a flame if you like, but it doesnt make sence imho.

20. PUGS

PUGS Registered

I really love the racing in the game but these devs man...COME ON! Do you all play any other racing games? Do you see how their UI's are set up?

I recently purchased the game and am in love with the driving model, but I am at the end of my rope with this game. My friend and I have spent a significant amount of time just learning how to host a multiplayer session with each other. Is that still a nightmare with this new UI? I still have to open ports?