How do the DLC tracks run for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David Wright, Dec 22, 2019.

1. David Wright

David Wright Registered

I am thinking of buying Sebring in the current sale and would be interested in Nurburgring in the future. However, while Silverstone runs at a very healthy frame-rate, as do the Reiza tracks, Zandvoort runs for significant parts of the lap at about half the framerate or lower than Silverstone. If S397's DLC tracks such as Sebring and Nurburgring run at a similar frame-rate to Zandvoort I think I will pass. What is your experience? Can you refund rF2 DLC on Steam before 2 hours?

2. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

All tracks run well on my PC, of course this is PC dependent. I also use windows shut up to kill a lot of stuff running in the background. What are your PC specs? And you can refund in that 2hr window.

3. Emery

Emery Registered

Yes.

4. Emery

Emery Registered

That sounds like you're running out of VRAM.

Edit: I think cards with 3-4 GB of VRAM (e.g. GTX 970) are running into some texture troubles these days and the next gen games will kill them off. If you go shopping for a new video card, 6 GB seems to be the new minimum with 8+ GB being a little more future-proof.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    bwana likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Sebring has an extra layout without most of the trackside graphics. Significantly improves the fps. But the full race weekend circuit would probably strain your system if Zandy is bogging you down. Remember, you can reduce a bunch of graphics to improve fps.

6. David Wright

David Wright Registered

Thanks for all the replies and advice. My old GTX960 2GB copes surprisingly well with AC and PC2 at 1080p giving at least 60 fps in racing situations. Even in ACC Zandvoort doesn't drop below 50 fps with just me on the track but in rF2 it drops to 41 fps at one point driving alone . I think I'll wait until I replace my PC before buying Sebring or Nurburgring..

7. Emery

Emery Registered

If you're going to stick with 1080p, you probably only need a video card upgrade rather than a whole new PC. Something like a GTX 1660 Super or a GTX 1660Ti would take care of the VRAM problem, give you double the fps, and shouldn't even require a different power supply.

pkelly likes this.