New UI - Opinions and suggestions by the Community (see first post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fábio Martins, Dec 20, 2019.

1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

if you are subscribed in workshop, it will not let you uninstall, until you unsubscribe in workshop
    If so, unsubscribing already uninstalls it automatically

2. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I didn't find any linked mod, and I'm not subscribed to the mod in steam.

My RF2 is a clean installation, it almost has no mod apart from those of F1, nor do I have any league championship mod or anything online, absolutely nothing, I only have the basic datsun mod

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

@dazzer
    Try restart game.
    I had that problem, of no local content could be uninstalled.
    It did end up working. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary but I had restarted the game a few times.

dazzer likes this.
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yes seriously it is a real issue ! Its on a track that we have had to pay for , for a second time ! Well not technically the same track but it is just another layout for a track we have already paid for so it should imo NOT have the game and studio name plastered over every possible sign in the track ! Yes there are more pressing issues but its not like S397 don't have form for releasing paid DLC that needs quite a lot of attention after they have been paid , even to the point that some cars and track for that matter still a year after being sold to us haven't been fixed ! If the devs think that's fine well then they will have this boat with so many holes that they are really going to struggle to stay afloat !

And no i wouldn't ask you but sure, your most welcome to your opinion .

Fábio Martins likes this.
  5. dazzer

dazzer Registered

ok, that means if there is a problem

6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

@dazzer
    I reinstalled the beta UI and I'm back to having no uninstall or delete options.
    Numerous restarts did nothing.
    Have you got this strange listing?
    Capturelocal.PNG

7. dazzer

dazzer Registered

no, I still have the same, I hope it will be fixed later, for now I can only manually uninstalling things

juanchioooo likes this.
  8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

search the workshop for the bluebird, check if it is subscribed or not, even if it is new the rfactor automatically subscribes you to previous things when reinstalling

9. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I am not subscribed already checked it, just the button does not work, it may be some fault in my game

juanchioooo likes this.
  10. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

@ Dazzer have you tried to use ModMgr.exe to uninstall?
    It's in the Bin32 folder, that should do it.
    If it deosn't "see" your files you will have to point it to your Packages folder. (bottom right-hand corner of ModMgr)

SS

11. dazzer

dazzer Registered

yes, uninstalling it manually I have no problem, just asking since it seemed weird that from the game I could not do it

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Opinion - bearing in mind I'm judging by screenshots and reports, not at my pc to try it - I'm sure the fact it's a whole new system means redesigning parts of it will be much easier than before (which does justify the rewrite, with a view to future plans), but it's a bit of a worry the way some aspects have lost options or user-friendliness.

This is one game I think could survive with a bare-bones UI fronting a great simulation experience (even a basic boring windows dialog interface, could be forgiven if the game is fantastic) so while I know some people have complained about the existing UI I doubt those are people enamored by the driving experience and immersion (things like missing motec display components, broken delta bar, wet weather details, timed/limited kers/"fan boost", used tyre sets, weekend progression, etc etc etc).

It's really important the existing users aren't discouraged through lack of features or difficulty (no direct devmode yet? 5 pics per skin for mods? You know computers are great for automation, right?) and continue to test the new UI. I really hope changes are easy enough to get 95% of this sorted in a few months and progress to other game aspects, or we're looking to 2022-23 before people stop labeling it a beta - at the earliest.

TJones, Akela_DE, Emery and 3 others like this.
  13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

To be honest,

in the end it's our own fault.
    There will be massive pressure on S397 to publish the UI for 2 years.
    It is and remains a beta. The UI is not yet finished. This is now slowly being built up. And that can drag on for a long time.
    See ACC.
    I discovered RRE for myself. I now see this as an equivalent alternative.
    I hope one day with rF2 S397 will be where you want to go. The Sim deserves it. Until then we have to be patient.
    I also very much hope that the price policy will be reconsidered.
    And also the handling of the DLC's and the fixed ones.

14. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I have a few points as well.

- The exit button. You have to search for it every single time. In-game its in the top left, then you go back to the ui, then you have to navigate towards the start tab, where it's in the right bottom, which then gives you the credits, where it's in the bottom middle. Could be more user friendly and less annoying if it was just on the left top everywhere.

- Scrolling with the scroll bar is annoying in VR, as when you go off the scroll bar, it stops scrolling, when you get back onto the bar, it jumps to that point. That is a problem when scrolling without a scroller.

- UI size is still linked to the resolution in VR. This wasn't a big problem in the previous version, because you wouldn't do a lot in the UI when in VR. This goes for the HUDS as well

- Loading screen works half in VR. You can see it, but only if you look at a certain angle. Otherwise its opaque.

Marisa and Emery like this.
  15. Mauro

Mauro Registered

This:

16. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

First post updated.

17. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Registered

New ui is horrible,hangs on a white screen.

I want to uninstall and reinstall my game but the Mr. Magoos at Studio 397 have decided to not tag bought or official content in the package list of the old ui.

Mr. Magoo,you’ve done it again.

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

click you mouse anywhere inside the white screen

19. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Registered

Already tried that.

20. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Registered

Also mark items in the package tab as “official” or “bought”.