Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

You must be fairly new to this sim.

Niek, J7166, Marc Brink and 2 others like this.
  2. SULFAIL

SULFAIL Registered

Well, I love the new interface and it works well for me, the content is updated and I had no problem, even with my operation, the only thing that does not work is the downloads of content from online servers, but I left the beta I discarded what I wanted and went back in, and voila, it's a beta and it's normal that there are things that still don't go, but I really like it and I don't know that some people are missing things I have everything, and new things that I like, everything is integrated very well and very professional, and by the way he bought almost all the content, it went on like this, it looks good.
    Sorry, I use the translator.
    By the way the cars if they liked a little more inertia, in that it resembles better otherwise great, and the performance in vr fantastic, the state until late in the morning giving the sim, thanks.
    The truth is that he needed a change of look
    to the rfactor2, as there will always be people who do not find things and reluctant to change but that happens with everything, with operating systems, software, etc. people are like that, and before criticizing you have to look at things well, it takes time.
    Sorry use translator, greetings.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2019
  3. a.stagea

a.stagea Registered

I have the exact same thing after choosing Customise in the Car Selection menu, brought up the Showroom and car but no buttons or anything. All I could do was move the camera around. Tried Escape (and every other key) so ended up having to End Process.

Since then haven't been able to start it - reverted back to non-beta but problem remains. Tried Verifying Steam files, rebooted, restarted, etc but still not working.

4. AxJ

AxJ Registered

Somehow, the new UI can't properly detect the controller. When I mapping the analog axes to the throttle, brake, steering, view left/right/up/down, the detected devices jump between joy1 and joy2. It's totally a disaster. When I switch back to the old UI, everything works without a problem.

5. a.stagea

a.stagea Registered

From another thread with a similar issue

Sometimes such problems get solved by that.
    Before you start the game, rename the folder
    ..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData
    into UserData_backup for example.
    Then start the game.
    The game will create a new UserData folder with all needed files now.
    Good luck!

Thanks to Bernd for the suggestion

Mister Bronze likes this.
  6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

All of my non-official cars (mods) have no image preview. Will this get fixed?

7. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

AFAIK the answer is when and if the authors of those mods update them (as S397 just did) and it’s not a 5-minute job.

8. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I was afraid of that answer..

At least can we have the possibility to choose between the old and the new UI (when this UI becomes standard)? Cause i am afraid the old mods won't be updated..

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Alex72 and ECAR_Tracks like this.
  9. Akira Iwata

Akira Iwata Registered

I just tried this UI and here's my impression.

I think the loading screen and the realtime gap on the spectator are nice.
    Especially, the realtime gap is useful when you want to know how the gap is between others and me.

But, there are also problems.
    Firstly, every section is so classified that it's a little difficult to find what I want to use.
    Second, you can't seek the bar in replay mode on the spectator screen. when you going to skip to another point, the seek bar back to the beginning point. So, even if I want to see another lap, you can't skip to it like I could on the previous one. All we can do for this is waiting for the lap you want to see.
    Third, you can't see the pedal angle and steering angle in the spectator which can see in the previous UI. This is the biggest problem for me because the pedal and steering angle was always useful to improve my skill and understand how the player drives.

Overall, I think the new UI became more difficult to use and what I wanted to see was lost.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    yashiman, ECAR_Tracks and GoldenBear like this.
  10. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

The new UI looks beatiful. It has worked for me at the first try.

I hope you work on suggested improvements to make it more user friendly and easy to use.

I'm missing the option to get back to Main Menu when you are on online server. Actually, after you select a server and enter the select car screen there is no way back, you have to quit the whole game and start again.

Also in online (I haven't tested in singleplayer), if a sessions is limited by time and laps you can only see the laps in the garage. In the old UI you only saw the time if it was a practice session. I think you should be able to see both things, but time left is even more important than laps in practice and qualifying.

Also, as commented by someone, there is missing feedback on admin command.

11. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

not at my pc. I renamed a dll in the bin64 folder. Dxgi.dll
    do a google on remove reshade and you will see some more thorough steps. Though not necessarily directly related to rf2

12. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Will try
    Thanks. Will try that later. Though i presume i’ll need to reset controller mappings and player.Json tweaks

13. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I like the style of the new UI. I think it's the right way to go, it looks modern and I think there is a lot of potential. What I noticed:

1. the UI flickers both with and without VR.
    2. the widescreen option looks blurred and simply stretched
    3. the general response time of the UI is rather poor
    4. in certain points it is too confusing or I have to click in too many submenus to reach my destination
    5. in the garage my FOV is faulty
    6. when selecting races the multiplayer favorites are always loaded

Since it is a beta, this state is not surprising and the bugs are rather small.

What I wish for, far away from the above

1. all options move into the new UI including the config tool
    2. in general the options should show an info box when you select them to explain the option, especially in the setup menu this is very important.

Otherwise the outcry here in the forum was unfortunately exactly as expected regardless of the state and type of the new UI.....sad

Otherwise, thank you very much for your work

14. Marcos

Marcos Registered

An update of the interface was necessary and it is normal that there are errors, in my case I have not had any problems, but it is also true that I only have official material loaded and I also have a good pc. I guess there are still things to be implemented that will be incorporated in the future as the "Resume" in replay tab something of vital importance to me because it allows me to resume a career at any time. This option was the reason I am with Rfactor 2 and I have been buying almost all the DLCs. But if this option disappears I will leave it aside and focus on any other sim that I also have and some that are already incorporating this option in a successful way.
    Criticizing the interface at this time is absurd, the criticism would be that they did not fix their most important flaws, but for color tastes and the majority of criticisms I see in this forum are personal tastes.
    For my part I will continue to expect the development and implementation of the RESUME option.
    If my expectations are not met, if I want online I will go to Iracing and if I want Offline to ACC.
    Thanks team studio397 for continuing to improve this great Sim and excuse me all my bad English.

qusimano likes this.
  15. erosshd

erosshd Registered

This are the issues I had:

White screen in session

[​IMG]

Updating same packages even if I restart the game

[​IMG]

Clicking any driver in standings or "drive" here will crash the game, no idea why

[​IMG]

Black screen and game crash when I enter tuning section, and sometimes loads without ui

-My feedback and ideas:
    Add a option to click and move like a touch screen display in the track and car selection menu on the bottom

16. rd.king

rd.king Registered

This seems promisingo_O
    Wake me when there's a working AI selector.

17. felirrari

felirrari Registered

I've found this:
    Open the in-game UI (Shift + F2), go to the settings and set the "Effects Toggle Key" there

18. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

What I noticed.

I preferred to start over from scratch.
    The game was running but back to the desktop ...The new UI didn't want to be displayed.

So I decided to go back to the old V117 and there the updates of the workshop items are downloaded.

I launch the game, it works, I go to the end, that is to say with a car on the track.

I get out of the game, go back to PUBLIC BETA and there, the new UI starts...

We have to give our "little" brain time to get used to the new decoration...But I find the atmosphere nice and what a "youthful" touch, it takes off the pulp... ;)

Well done STUDIO 397 Team ;)

PS: Maybe an "exit button" without needs to go back to START to exit the game...

Placido likes this.
  19. philman

philman Registered

Is it possible to launch the game with the new interface without using steam?
    It is indeed possible to put steam "offline".
    Another question: I have two rf2 installations; a steam installation and a standalone installation. How to use the new interface with the standalone installation and if possible, how to start the game.

20. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

I don't, no. Ima keep this short as it's off topic anyway.
    Alpha testing done by the developers using white/grey/black box testing where beta testing is done by the customers/end-users in a real environment. How broken or non functional something is does not decide whether the product is in alpha or beta stage.
    There is a lot more to it than this ofc, but this is enough for now imo.

Lazza likes this.