Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. makan

makan Registered

I had your problem before.
    Do you have g27/g29?
    Try close logitech app then close RF2.
    Exit SteamVR then close RF2 if you use VR.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

I use a Fanatec CSL Elite now...the LWEmon task wasn't running...the other (newer with the blue "G") Logitech driver is needed for my G502/G610 peripheals. (The G610 needs the newer driver to not have a constant wave light effect over the whole keyboard for example, the G502 saves its profiles on the device directly though.)

Once, when i had a G27 in use, i had to shut the task down, because a recent AMS build had some issues with the Logitech SDK, conflicting both LGS tasks and not using steering rotation properly.

Nevertheless, i now will let rF2 rest until the next build, i think, it doesn't work for me and who cares about the
    :D:D scnr

3. Donat

Donat Registered

I also noticed that the new UI doesn't let me start from a random postition on the grid (when I race with the AI) and it always puts me on pole (most boring position to start an offline race). One more thing, I can't have more than 19 AI (+ me = 20) when I try to manually add them from a certain session (you know that "add AI" button).

Emery and LokiD like this.
  4. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Could the 95% help the 5% (given no feedback from S397 or test team?) What did you do to make this work? Or what are your settings of it just worked?
    Do you think we are just serial complainers? I have spent hours on this for no result

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  5. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Found a small bug:
    When switching between tracks, at first, the name of the Realroad preset from the previous track is stated in the UI, not sure if it would be loaded.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  6. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

Also, why there is no Demo by studio 397 on how to use the new UI.
    Why do we need to go thorugh this exercise of alfa-testing this interface for you.
    I am really disappointed.

ECAR_Tracks and CrimsonEminence like this.
  7. Richard Hall

Richard Hall Registered

New UI doesn't seem to let me change between VR only, HMD+mirror, or screen only. Also, when I had it in VR (as default from previous use) it crashed every time I applied a new setting, or even just randomly. I had to delete the config dx11 file to get it to open on my monitor screen, where it worked much better.

8. Luca Bassini

Luca Bassini Registered

I would really like the new UI to be used with keyboard as well

Emery and Jérémie Toussaint like this.
  9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yeah, I used to just skip qualy and provided I didn't do a time, I ended up at the back of the grid. Now as you say its puts you on pole. So you have to advance time for the grid to get a time.
    Obviously you can skip qualy and start place, put at the back, but again its a pita to do so when before it just worked. Everything with rf2 atm seems to be a PITA. Rf2 the PITA simulator. lol

joke

Emery and GoldenBear like this.
  10. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

/admin password

Works for me, no brackets, just a space between.

11. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

New UI not working at all.

Also the replay section has been broken again!
    Now suddenly I'm looking at the Corvette pacecars where the challenger pack was used on the official Nords.

Since the release of this game every 'update' is 1 step forward and 3 steps backwards.
    Come on S397: Get your stuff right before messing up the game! You're NOT doing a better job than ISI did.
    I'd already stopped buying more DLC and this confirms why.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    GoldenBear likes this.
  12. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

- There is no cursor in the search box

- There is no visual feedback in the opponent list filter, you click on i.e. "GT3 Audi", there is no click feedback and the "GT3 Audi" text should remain highlighted at least, for example with a darker background, a little dark border, a checkmark etc.

- ADD AI function seems to no work when in a session. I've heard it work untill you pass the 19opponents, though i was in a session with 24 AIs and it didn't work.

- The toggle sound button in the monitor box, when in a session, doesn't work. I'm really happy to see this option back but it does nothing.

- No visual feedback when accelerating time in a session with CTRL + X. In the old UI there is at least a asterisk near the time left, this is missing, though it would be nice to have a cooler symbol or effect to indicate that you are in accelerated time mode.

- There is no plugins menu, when you can manage them.

- There is no in-class classification in the timing page.

13. Tnadz

Tnadz Registered

Suggestion/request:
    On menu options that are number related (eg length of race in time/laps, #of opponents, etc) please make this an editable field by clicking into and typing the number you'd like. Using the +/- buttons to click through takes too long. And if a number that's typed in is out of range, the software can adjust it to the closest available number. This would be very useful for seeing max AI as well since it could adjust down to the max number of AI vehicles that can be allowed on the currently selected track.

Emery and Tomislav Leskovic like this.
  14. felirrari

felirrari Registered

My suggestions v.1:
    - Change locations from Single and Multiplayer. When I click Race, it goes to Multiplayer and I have to wait for loading servers. Single race on this place would be better;
    - When I exit Single Race Session Settings, it returns to Multiplayer again and then another wasted loading time;
    - An exit button from showroom;
    - Choosing Opponents should be better;
    - Track cam number should appear when you change it;

Guys, lets try to be organized and objective here to help S397 to solve these problems.

15. Adam Helyes

Adam Helyes Registered

Yes, i know. I've been an Admin for a very long time. But the old UI sent a message to the chat. :) Not a big "issue" but missing :D
    You get a message? :O

16. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I had zero issues getting the UI beta to work, so I guess I am lucky that it worked out of the box and I hope that people having issues will get it sorted. So here are some first impressions. First of all the postivies:
    • the UI looks very clean and modern without cluttering stuff or adding too much info at one page (I am looking at you content manager fans ;))
    • I like the way how fast and smooth all the pages can be changed (no idea how people percieve the UI as slow but this could be down to hw and sw configs and I think it will get faster and more stable with development and feedback)
    • I really like the fact that everything is in one big package, so no second launcher or anything is needed
    • the way how one can change the UI style between lists, raster or combined is pretty nice (not that I need all of them but having an option is allways nice)
    • the integration of the news and forums is amazing to say the least (it was never that easy and fast to get from the game to the forum)
    • it's also nice to have the options to setup the practice and race sessions as they are now, so no config file editing is needed anymore
    • integration of the workshop, mod manager, and item store is pretty nice (though it doesn't work right now)
    • search funtions are well appreciated aswell, though they don't work aswell
    • the server browser is ok, but needs improvements
    So all in all those are some good imprvements allready and if the bugs with some of them get sorted it should make the new UI a must have allready. Now to the cons:
    • the UI should detect if people use widescreen devices and set the UI and HUD by default (there are some issues with the showroom in that regard right now)
    • it doesn't feel like there is one coherent style in the UI that is visible on all pages (there are many different color and shape schemes, while I prefere the settings page the most)
    • I am not a big fan of the diagonal shapes in the UI
    • the UI is too bright in most cases
    • the server browser needs misses the car and track info (please get this in asap)
    • "Start" on the mainpage should be "Home"
    • exit button needs to be on the top right corner and nowhere else
    • under multiplayer options I miss a "server browers" button or replace the "more" button
    • car and track setup for SP isn't intuitive (looks like text and not a button)
    • the packages page needs a link to the packages folder
    • search funtion, workshop and item store aren't accesible right now (steam overaly error)

17. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Sorry, I thought the problem was password command not working.

Adam Helyes likes this.
  18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Remember you all opted in for testing a beta version, precise constructive feedback of bugs & opinions is very important

Hope devs have time to get new UI out of beta ASAP

Looking forward to getting a PC built again so I can give it all a try myself

19. Herve_Versabeau

Herve_Versabeau Registered

Hello
    Where is ffb meter ?

Leynad, Emery and GoldenBear like this.
  20. lagg

lagg Registered

There is no ffb meter (in any build since DX11)