New UI - Opinions and suggestions by the Community (see first post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fábio Martins, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

SUGGESTIONS by the community:

1 -
    Solve the opponents "guessing" problem - (Maybe adding small thumbnails of the opponent cars). And don`t divide the opponent name in 2 lines. It`s confusing.

2 - Dark Mode UI

3 - It would be really good, if we could edit the names of the tracks and cars to avoid things like this:
    - Imola
    - SPA (_LM Modding team__)
    - Bathurst ---- Laser Scanned by Mike
    Let us edit the names, to make it all look clean.

4 - Give us something more visual in track selection. Either killer thumbnails of each track (must be a really clean photo) or an 10 seconds video. Taking ACC as example on this particular point is not a shame.

5 - Put a small (small!) "STUDIO 397" logo next to the official content. (in track selection for example). As the menu is almost black and white right now, it would be cool to have the small logo on color, just for punctuation.

6 - Remove the versions from the track names (in the track selection menu) to make it more clean.

7 - Course direction arrow at track map is needed.

8 - Car selection menu again, would be nice to have the selected cars with a tick next to them in the first box (like the previous UI) or go bold, to save scrolling up and down in the right box to see what you have added.

9 - The exit button. You have to search for it every single time. In-game its in the top left, then you go back to the ui, then you have to navigate towards the start tab, where it's in the right bottom etc. Could be more user friendly and less annoying if it was just on the left top everywhere.

10 - VR - Scrolling with the scroll bar is annoying in VR, as when you go off the scroll bar, it stops scrolling, when you get back onto the bar, it jumps to that point. That is a problem when scrolling without a scroller.

11 - VR - UI size is still linked to the resolution in VR. This wasn't a big problem in the previous version, because you wouldn't do a lot in the UI when in VR. This goes for the HUDS as well

12 - VR - Loading screen works half in VR. You can see it, but only if you look at a certain angle. Otherwise its opaque.

13 - Please have a tool to automatically produce a car image for icons or give us a photo mode in the showroom. It would be great if every single mod, had a premium feel to it (with the same design and quality..the side photos of the cars are good).

Studio 397, thank you for the update. I think this is the beginning of something really good, but there are some major things that should be changed if you guys want to be above everything else on the market.

Overall the UI is clean, but you guys are missing important points...

[​IMG]

The track selection, is still a mess. Look at those names!
    What is Interlagos 1.3 ??? That track does not exist. I know it`s the version, but it`s a fault in the UI (at least put the numbers smallers).
    The version should not be in the name of the track. We should be able to change the name of the track in this screen (content manager style), to make sure all the tracks (including the mods) would look the same. Also this screen should have a killer photo of the track in the left (or a little 10 seconds video). It would be way more clean and modern (ACC style). The "map line" of the track alone is NOT good in the track selection menu. It is acceptable in the loading screen.

[​IMG]

Again, thank you for the updates. I`m sure it was a lot of work, but please change some of these things, (starting in the opponent selection). It`s really important.

PS - The car selection images are great. Very good decision. Different and clean.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    sman, RKing, makan and 8 others like this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I would guess those replace officially licensed adverts that would have cost a bucket load to license.(or at least a good deal of time. ) But I will bring back my argument I used for trees. Unless the trees(or adverts) are on the track and contribute to how and where I drive, I am not looking at them. I'm watching the track or the arse end of that Porsche up ahead to see if he's gonna brake check me.
    Still I'm sure the guys who want 17 versions of Silverstone to match the 17 major sponsor changes over 17 seasons will be standing tall with you.(and, two screenies would have been sufficient)

bwana, D Nichols and Emery like this.
  3. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

In that case, I have an idea. I would put just a white wall, around all the tracks without any scenery like the 80`s. :rolleyes:

It`s time to push the limits. The competition is out there.
    If it is a matter of advertisers license, then I would suggest to studio 397 to go to fiverr.com and give 50 bucks to 3 or 4 guys to make some fake advertising bill boards. With fake brands that remind the real ones (yes, this is a real suggestion). It`s not that hard. Everything is better than having Studio 397 all over the place.

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Correct. Maybe it's called Cote d'Azure for a reason, eh?

5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

What was in that massive update? I had 7GB to update and i didnt buy the track or car yet.

6. Brent

Brent Registered

No course direction arrow at track selection/track map

Fábio Martins and Emery like this.
  7. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

I`m sorry but that was a really dumb thing to say. Now, I hope the crying babies that cant see any critic and suggestions, can keep their fingers out of the keyboard. This thread was made for adults. The competition is over there, and improvements are needed.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

To OP: i also think there needs to be S397 name/logo to all S397 content (cars and tracks) just to make it clearer. Same with the tags or whatever you call them where you choose "GT3" and get all GT3 cars, i wish there was GT3-S397 so i know i get all S397 GT3 cars and so on. Just more tidy and clear. So much looking around right now.

sman, makan, Akela_DE and 1 other person like this.
  9. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

That would be cool. A small elegant logo near the name, so we can see what is the official content or not ;)

sman, F1Aussie, Adam Helyes and 3 others like this.
  10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yeah and just a S397 tag next to car/track names in the list. Sometimes you have mods with the same names and all that is different is version number - which you often dont know who it belongs to.

11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

:( sorry but i dont like too much company logos from developers on tracks
    same goes for pcars2.
    its a logo track not a race track.
    not gonna buy yet. come on ......

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Totally agree with you points ! Having an decent opponent selection +1000000 and Cote d'Azure, lol seems more like Cote d'S397 :rolleyes:
    Dont worry about the negatives from the locals , they seem to be in top form lately !

13. Jirka Gillig

Jirka Gillig Registered

I would suggest to move EXIT button to the upper menu. I was trying to exit game and for quite a while couldnt find out how to do it. I would never expect it to be where it is now.

14. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

When I enter pit to check my tires temps or condition, I just can't...I failed to find the place where values are reported, I was only able to see the setup values...kinda hard to create a setup in these conditions...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

It will be quite a task for S397 to sort out reasonable criticism from really random ones.

16. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

License ads? At least I'd expect companies would want to have their ads also in a sim. Consequently track owners should have no problem with that, as they get money from advertisers.

17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Hint: advertisements in virtual tracks is advertising too

Fábio Martins and D Nichols like this.
  18. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

That`s true. With a good RP, Studio 397, could make big money out of this track.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's not how it works. I know that seems logical, but companies want control that licensing brings.

bwana and davehenrie like this.
  20. massimiliano1970

massimiliano1970 Registered

Hi everyone, I ask the possibility of having the black background screen, so white it is very annoying for the eyes, maybe at the user's choice, both white and black

2ndLastJedi likes this.