Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Niek

Niek Registered

My number one suggestion would be to have the ability to use the UI on screen when in VR. It's way more comfortable and it is definitely a very nice option in other games/sims, like project cars 2. It makes setting up the car and navigating through the menus way easier.

Jeferson Richart and McKiernan like this.
  2. PAL

PAL Registered

early feedback:
    1. please change the ugly old mouse cursor to some simple custom one.
    2. standard multiplayer formation is kinda useless. the normal list setting seems to be best so far.
    3. graphic animations are very unsmooth.
    4. loading screens of serverlist and singleplayermenu is very slow. i would prefer to be able to change the settings while my pc searches for servers and not look at a "please wait" sign.
    5. Clean design and integration of forum is nice, keep it up! much better than the old one!

3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

When I first start rf2 I get the option to open config tool or rF2.

4. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

First impression, so first ... this Ui is more confusing than the current one.
    Somehow not logically structured.
    It took me forever to find the selection of routes.
    The tracks are next to each other with a track symbol, unfortunately not as a list with each other so you need to select forever.
    I also find the car selection menu not so successful, it is confusing!
    I took the old version out of frustration.
    Well everything is new and colorful but not better. Until now.
    I'll wait and see what's going on.
    No devaluation, just my current opinion.
    The replay camera menu is very good.
    Look there.

5. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Sadly not working...

6. Mario Rocha

Mario Rocha Registered

Nothing happens after ISI logo

7. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I am using VR and for me it goes straight into VR mode without any options. I'm trying to remember where the config tool is located.

8. Fer

Fer Registered

very very beta, it's the same but worseo_O

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  9. racer91

racer91 Registered

Get the studio 397 logo after pressing "play" and then...nothing. Eventually RF2 stops responding before anything launches. Have tried restarting. Have tried opting out of public beta. Still having the issue.

Pales and Pauli Partanen like this.
  10. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

New UI works here in VR but when a loading screen appears, the main menu is also visible and flickering in the background. The flickering screen moves with the direction in which i look. Was also an issue with the old UI. Dont know if this is an issue of RF2 or SteamVR...

11. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

It's in the Bin32 folder

12. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

if you select one server to be your favorite,it loads very quickly after that ;)

nonamenow likes this.
  13. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

Alright, feedback based on first impressions (from within the UI, since that's now possible!):

- I'm sure favorite servers are good, but having it try to load them every time you change any SP parameters is baaaaad.

- By default the UI likes to use a lot of space to show very little, but thankfully there's a button in the top left to turn things back to lists.

- The process for setting up a singleplayer race is now needlessly complicated. The old UI had a very clear Sets->Track->Car->Session params progression, where they were all tabs on the same screen and could be switched between instantly, not to mention that the actual RACE button is always visible on screen. The new UI likes to hide things behind fullscreen submenus with fade transitions, which feels frustrating and confusing. It could really benefit from a dedicated "This is where you configure a singleplayer session"-interface that's separate from all the other stuff.

- My personal pet peeve has always been that you need to load a session at a track to see how many cars it supports. S397 have fixed this issue now by not showing it anywhere at all. Unless it's in the track selection menu, but haven't trained myself to look for it there. That would be good to restore, and maybe find a way to display the track defaults on laps and time, because those have always been a complete mystery to the user.

- Classes and positions within them have also vanished entirely from the session UI. I'd like those back please.

- The ability to grab the replay bar to smoothly go quickly back and forth in time is gone. You can only do jump cuts now.

Overall, it's not bad. I like the position bar in the spectator hud, and the server browser isn't a hot mess anymore (though still missing the ability so see what content the server is running). If this is easier to iterate on than the old UI, then it's a good start, despite the immediate concerns.

Also, the ingame web browser isn't amazing. I can't see the typing cursor and can't paint text to overwrite it.

TJones, Thaichang, Alex72 and 2 others like this.
  14. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Instead of carrying on with your hysterical over-exaggerations why don't you either go back to the old UI or state what is happening and what have you done to try and fix it.

GuitarTech, cvtele, Alex72 and 2 others like this.
  15. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

New ui new try.
    It is not good if in single mode appears every time after selecting cars or tracks:
    Loading your favorite servers, pleas wait ...
    In single mode, nobody needs it, it is annoying and takes too long!
    at least I've found the track and car list in list form.
    Could be more extensive but longer list.
    Just a suggestion.

F1Aussie likes this.
  16. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Registered

dont know if you solved this or not, but I disabled widescreen UI in graphics settings and it works now.

pascom and mb24064 like this.
  17. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Hilarious but expected the new UI is broken for many. Now we will have 2-3 more years fixing this mess while important game code issues remain borked.

18. HungryForSky

HungryForSky Registered

Hello. I congratulate all of us on the public beta test of user interface. I will express some thoughts after a first glance. First of all, I really liked it. It looks nice, not too colorful, not too dark. and now about the roughness. The text goes beyond the screen in borderless mode.
    [​IMG]
    on the start screen, all buttons with a small letter, except for those at the very top, may be worth bringing to a single style.
    [​IMG]
    So the functionality of the buttons is duplicated, but the colored buttons lead to the button, which brings you to the submenu. the buttons on the top immediately lead to the submenu, so I very soon found that I did not use the colored buttons at all.
    [​IMG]
    The choice of track and car is not obvious, perhaps it’s worth highlighting
    [​IMG]
    The selection screen has three modes. tile, list (which is close to the old version) and the third. the third in this form is not viable, since you have to scroll too much. The second option works fine. and tile sorting has a problem. A track image appears to the right of the selected tile. because of this, the image constantly moves around the screen, which is very unpleasant and inconvenient. clicking on the tile leads to the image where the selection button is located, perhaps it is better that pressing immediately leads to the selection.
    [​IMG]
    under the car selection tile, modifications of the already selected car are written
    [​IMG]
    exit from the submenu for auto and track selection is not obvious. 20+km Silverstone lol.
    [​IMG]
    on the calibration screen, throttle is to the left of the brake. which is quite inconvenient.
    Well, at the end. A huge request from me. Please add a “master volium” slider in the sound settings

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    PieroX, bwana, Akela_DE and 8 others like this.
  19. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Its almost as though it’s an open beta...

20. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

In the old UI when assigning buttons to controls you could push a button and the assigned control would highlight. Please bring back that hugely helpful and time saving aid.
    Plus a cursor for this in-game browser please.