Raceroom's latest update

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Emery, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

Kudos to Raceroom for addressing FFB in a sensible manner!

They've created controller profiles that actually work with the controller's default settings. I'm not sure how extensive their library of controllers are, but it sure is nice to have a good one for my CSWv2.
    Lots of good (and necessary) things in this update, like the sun actually moves now. The DTM92 cars finally got a physics refresh and it was very satisfying to have the BMW sheetmetal bend when I stuffed it into a wall... something I still miss in rF2. Basically, if the last time you tried Raceroom was more than a couple years ago, it's time to sample it once again as this update is, er, a gamechanger.
    The update didn't install entirely smoothly on my system, but selecting a new combination of car/track/opponents smoothed out the few hiccups there were.

2. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

For me it is choice NR.1.FFB on the spot out of the box.It is great with Adaptive AI,as i'm still learning how to drive the different cars and tracks.Switched then to Rf2 back again,but think,i will driver more Racroom than Rf2 ...now....the Ai is lackin' on Rf2. Raceroom has its usual bugs too after the update but they are sorting it out (AI is a bit rough or dumb on some track cars combos).I wish RF2 had such an AI.
    But till both SIMS are on one Level,let's play RaceRoom.
    DC

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Very impressed with R3E as of late. Lots of quality content released recently and now much needed "sim" features have been added. The new physics updates paired with the new controller profiles really make it a fun sim to drive.

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i still dont like RRE and performance is bad on a Ryzen 5 1600 RX 580 and 16 GB ddr4 @ 3000 windows 10.
    RRE feels like RRE after update not big change on how cars drive or how FFB feels

GoldenBear likes this.
  5. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Yeah, good update. Used default ts-pc racer profile and made sure to delete old setups and i have to say i am impressed with how the driving feels now.

Not quite there with rf2 feel. But matched with the AI, opponent selector ,custom championship and overall usage its harder to resist jumping in.

The time progression is ok. I do like my into dusk and a bit of night driving so though not as good as others (obviously no night) its not static now which is better than before.

i did nords vln with 99ai @ 1440p max settings with great performance. I7 6700, 16mb ram and a gtx1070. To be fair rf2 nords with 54 ai is mostly fine. I wont mention going above 29 ai in ACC ☹️. I suppose the benefits of older graphics engines.

must mention that if you are going to give RR some time then also try OtterHUD which uses a newish web overlay functionality. Only tried it yesrerday but most impressed.

ItsBillyFrazier and Dady Cairo like this.
  6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I got the Premium Pack 3 days ago. After extensive testing, I was convinced. In my opinion it's (Raceroom) 90% near on rF2. The remaining 10% are the physics, weather, and day-night cycle. But it is being worked on. Driving against the AI races is very pleasant. you will not be shot at any time! This calms you down and makes it much more fun. The content is also great. DTM92, Group4 and the GT4. With the update, Raceroom has definitely left a great response. Let's hope that after the release of the UI rF2 will finally be serviced. new content is fixed, and many construction sites are completed (DevMod in VR / GT3 etc.) But to stay with Raceroom, it's worth a look

ItsBillyFrazier likes this.
  7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yep after a long hiatus of rre came back after last few updates, and man this sim is one now to mess with. All we need is a dynamic track and I think its on par with rf2, the physics on the new cars are miles away from early rre.

Visually not as nice a rf2, its like ams, whereas if you can look past that you will enjoy rr!

and a new UI page for car setup looks promising.

ItsBillyFrazier likes this.
  8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

That's true. The graphics are rather secondary in our hobby. The overall package is correct. Clear, beginner-friendly menu and again, a functioning and fighting AI that stays fair. I wish for all Sims! That makes a lot of difference. I recently posted that there are no alternatives, so it came. I think S397 will hold against that too. Great times for our hobby! :)

9. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

You have to delete all your setup and controller profiles and start from scratch if you want to experience the new physics/ffb update correctly (recommended by Sector 3)

I didn't notice any change either until I did that.

Emery and mesfigas like this.
  10. Filip

Filip Registered

Did they upgrade free content too?
    Last time I tried it maybe year ago and I wasn't overwhelmed with physics and ffb. It felt weakest compared to Rf2, Ams, Ac. Tbh I didn't fiddle much with ffb settings.

11. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

At this time the DTM92, Touring Classic, GT3/4, Group4/5 gets the Physicy update.
    The rest of the content gets later the physics update.
    You can test all vehicles for free.

I didn't do this because I bought the DTM package for € 7 at Steam earlier this year. The rest 3 days ago. Definitely a great number. DTM on Bilster Berg .. just fantastic !

12. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

R3E is on a fantastic journey. A lot of great improvements within the last 2 years. It's meanwhile my go-to-sim as well. Offers the best package with a lot of tracks, the best car roster and a lot of stuff with great features (e.g. the car selection area for the AI, new UI - fantastic). It' clear to me what to play over the next 2 weeks of holidays: Raceroom.

memoNo1 likes this.
  13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Me too mate!

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  14. williang83

williang83 Registered

Geez, i was about to talk **** about racerooom after trying the corvette and ford gt, i felt that they are really disappointing. Then i gave one more chance and tried the Porsche 2019 and BMW M4, a whole new world. Among all cars i tried in raceroom they offered the best feeling, actually a very good feeling. I might consider raceroom for the holidays.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    memoNo1 likes this.
  15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

while update is impressive, one thing that really disappoints me in R3E is lack of proper cooldown lap. Race end experience just screams "arcade". I do hope that one is planned though, because R3E has the hands down best content model - content based on real life series, not eSports. Now that game has more sensitive damage and stationary FFB, can't wait for that cooldown lap to be implemented, or actually returned because it is in the codebase :)

memoNo1 likes this.
  16. williang83

williang83 Registered

For the first time i've been able to try raceroom for good. My opinion is that the new porsche physics in on another level when compared to other cars. The AI is not bad but i find quite annoying that they dive bomb, without hitting you, and still manage to not overshoot the corner and somehow maintain a considerable corner exit speed, this behavior is just too arcade for my taste. It really seems to be playing one of those arcade game where cars have a lot of grip. I really cannot stand this behavior, so annoying.

17. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

I downloaded RR again because of the big update but was disappointed. The FFB is still numb and lifeless. It is uninstalled again. One thing though, the AI is far better than the broken mess the AI is in rF2.

mesfigas likes this.
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Did you try the correct cars, and clear existing files as above?

memoNo1 likes this.
  19. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

What do you think about the new RRE?

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't have it.