[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Luigino

Luigino Registered

Incredible and amazing mod! It will save me a lot of work that I was doing myself in Excel sheets for other racing games in the past, when I was making my own, custom championships with AI. I really like the fact that you can track the all time stats of all drivers across many competitions!

I have also one request that would really make this mod even more special for me. Could you, Nibo, consider giving an option for the future update of the mod to customize the colors of the legend in the driver/team standings, and to give the option to switch the display in the tables to only the numbers of positions, on which the drivers have finished instead of the points that are awarded for these positions? Regarding the colors of the legend, I personally used a different set of colors that I really liked (gold for 1st, silver for 2nd, bronze for 3nd, green for points, blue for finished without points, pink for DNF, white for DNS), and the current one doesn't really seem that great to me. It's a small thing, but I really pay attention to such details and it would make the experience of using your mod even more enjoyable.

Best Regards!

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There is already a championship option "Show driver position in driver standings", but it shows positions in the left top cell corner and still shows points in the middle. Is it not what you can use? I will try to do only positions in the middle option, but with all the points options that I have to filter and show now it might be not as easy as it looks.
    I think I can move cell background colors into app.css classes and then you can change them as you like.

3. Luigino

Luigino Registered

Yeah, I am aware of this option, and I am using it right now, but on other hand I am used to, how F1 driver standings tables looked like on various internet sites, where there was only a position in a cell, and knowing the point system, I could very easily read the entire table. For me the table looked that way so much more clear. Then I started to model my own driver standings for custom championships with AI in many different racing games exactly the same way in Excel sheets, and I am just very used to that system. It would be very cool, if this mod could have this option as well!

Regarding the legend color customization, that would be also amazing, if I could change them as well, even in the method mentioned by you (don't know now, how does it work exactly, but would learn on internet).

I have also one another question of a technical nature. Which files exactly this mod uses in order to read the practice, qualifying and race sessions' results and telemetry? I am curious, because, if I would like to somehow secure these files to not lose all the data, I would need to know, for which files to make a copy.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

r2la reads/parses xml files in your rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Results folder. These xml files are created automatically by rFactor2 on exit of every session.

If you use r2la's live telemetry feature to record extended telemetry, then all telemetry data is stored in r2la internal database in r2la folder, but I don't think you asking about that.

5. Luigino

Luigino Registered

Yeah, good to know, thanks.

I just finished my first race with qualifying session and practice session, uploaded it onto my new custom championship, but I only see race and qualifying results, there is no practice session to view, is that normal? I cannot see practice result, when viewing the championship, but only as a separate file/session?

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, that how its is supposed to work.

7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Updated to 2.058.27
    • Championship standings tables cell colors are now customizable through app.css classes. Open rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.27\web2py\applications\r2la\static\css\app.css file in text or code editor and change hex color codes for classes that start with "cellbg_" prefix ("cellbg_1st", "cellbg_2nd" and so on). Save changes. You might need to press CTRL+F5 on r2la page in your browser to pick up changes made to css file.
    • Added championship option "Only show driver position in driver standings (cell center)". Default - off.

Keith Carter, Luigino and JuanP006 like this.
  8. RoWo

RoWo Member

@Nibo
    Hi! Can you help me with this?
    Something went wrong.JPG

9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I think I need xml file(s) that you are trying to open there. Send them to me. Probably some symbol in driver or car/team name is wrong.

10. Luigino

Luigino Registered

Thanks! Amazing change! :)

11. RoWo

RoWo Member

I've send you PM!

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

RoWo, I don't see it here on forum or in my email. Where did you send it? Maybe there was some mistake and you need to send again.

Upd. I see it now as "Profile Post" on my profile. That is actually public post on my profile. Its a misleading feature of this forum...

13. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

Hi Nibo, thank you for the change to allow us to customize cell colors. I have been playing with it and it looks good. May have an issue, under Driver Standings, if I change the color for cell positions for the driver standings table, the cells under Legend table should change as well to match the new color, but it does not. I assume that is done somewhere else. Can you please look into it.

Cheers

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Sorry, I forgot about the legend. I now re-uploaded fixed archive for latest version to same link. Those who already set up latest version can re-download it and only re-write rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.27\web2py\applications\r2la\compiled folder with its contents from from archive (stop r2la before doing it). Or you can just re-start r2la from scratch from latest archive.

15. Luigino

Luigino Registered

Hello, Nibo,

I have a problem with Log Analyzer, and specifically speaking, with the Race History tab, which shows the lap times of all drivers. For some weird reason there are few of my laps that have no time attached to them, thus they are described as "No Data".

There is a screenshot below:

https://imgur.com/41ViWQO

Firstly, I thought that it might be, due to pausing the game, so I did the entire 2 hour race again without pausing just to avoid that, but the issue appeared nevertheless. Any ideas how I could avoid this issue? It messes up the overall time from "Driver Stats" tab in Championship menu a bit, which bothers me a little.

16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

That is out of my control, that is how rFactor logs lap times. Sometimes instead of number of seconds per lap we have "--.----" string, so I show it as "no data". I think it definitely happens when you cut the track and your lap time in game for that lap is discarded. So try to not cut. Maybe it happens for other reasons also, like bad connection in online session, but I don't know for sure.

17. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

Excellent. Thank you for the quick fix Nibo

18. Luigino

Luigino Registered

Yeah, that must be definitely, due to corner cutting.

19. Ivan Sørensen

Ivan Sørensen Registered

Happy holidays to you all, new here.
    How do 2 friends collect and compare times - we don't have any DEDI server.
    Can you make a shared places on each pc and the run the log anylyser locally on each pc.

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I don't know much about network shared places (windows folders?) on PC... But you can just copy his xml files into your folder with logs and use r2la in DEDI mode (start new r2la from scratch, in first form check DEDI mode checkbox and enter some admin name/password). Then you will see his and your lap times on "Records" page. Some side-effect of this is you will also see all other human players lap times from any multiplayer sessions logs if you have them.