Latest Roadmap Update - November 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 30, 2019.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

It depends what are the priorities of each people.

For people whose priority is physics + FFB + realism of car content (in terms of physics —> S397, Slowmotion), rF2 is unavoidable.

IMO.

memoNo1 likes this.
  2. Filip

Filip Registered

:eek::eek:
    My world just collapsed.

memoNo1 likes this.
  3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

There is nothing wrong with fun and a f***load of grip as I always say.

Assetto Corsa is a lot of fun, AMS is a lot of fun, F1 Challenge is fun. And they all do stuff that RF2 can't.

I'm even going to pick up an iRacing subscription for a few months to try it out. If I don't like it I don't like it.

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

In my opinion, this is very discussable. Especially, after seeing, how GTE/GT3 balancing doesn't work that well, which is highly unrealistic, to BoP something different to reality, in the first place.
    Telemetry channels got locked because, what do you think, why (?) and the FFB does some really artificial feeling effects sometimes, for some stating, that FFB has no canned effects...there are plenty of alternatives out there even in the physics department.

Driving rF2 is fun, though. But it is still also just a thing, oriented by personal preferences and not without alternative. :)

AMillward likes this.
  5. Depco

Depco Registered

Well, for me every alternative has left me disappointed in one way or another and I end up back at rF2. To be fair though I have not tried any of the alternatives recently. Maybe things have changed.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I consider all sims got physics in the same level of "convincing" so it's a matter of adapting.
    Personally the reason I say rf2 is the only is because it has all in one package: FCY, rain, 24h cycle, rejoin, driver swap, good AI (now destroyed), save/resume for offline, big grids without needing a NASA PC, netcode that works really amazing even with 350ping between players, and no ghost cars in pit lane for online racing
    When I manage leagues I make use of this stuff (except AI ofc, and swap if races are too short). If other sim was like this I'd have moved to that long ago, my main wish was that RaceRoom had all this because the way you buy content there is perfect for online racing.

TLDR: rf2 is the only sim that can offer most or all of what a real life series like IMSA, Blancpain GT needs :p everything else is a waste of time

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Maybe some Of you should try racerooms new update.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I tried RaceRoom for the first time today and had a lot of fun, even in the free content

9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Have you tried some Hillclimb? (Should be free stuff avaiable) This is absolutely crazy :D

AMillward likes this.
  10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

What do you think about the new Physics and FFB?
    Compared to rF2?
    Is it ot worth now?
    They have some interesting content like the DTM 1992 or the old Carrera Cup.

Edit: AI..?

williang83 likes this.
  11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The AI is still REALLY aggressive, but not full Senna Suzuka 1990 like they were before (so I'm told)
    Physics felt pretty good, don't think they're as good as RF2s but then I need to spend more time in it as I only did one race at Bathurst for a video which is on my channel.
    And yes, lots of interesting content like officially licensed DTM and the 2017 spec formula car with the V10.

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

FFB is great, not as aggressive as rF2 with the jolts but car feel is all there, oversteer, understeer, curbs, bumps but just less road feel as the track surface is a lot smoother (a non issue).
    Car physics on 92 DTM and Turbo RSR (only cars I've tried) are really good, truly amazing really.
    The Ai are good, i did notice an issue with them not passing spun cars but this was only one track and I didn't happen on other tracks I tried. They are not to aggressive and won't push you off track or rear end you but with drive side by side with you corner on corner fairly. Close to best Ai I've tried.

13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

It's mid December today, does that mean we get the new Ui today?

14. stonec

stonec Registered

No, it's Sunday and people typically don't work on Sundays. Anyway, mid December doesn't mean 15th, if they had meant that they could just have written 15th.

15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I'm betting on tomorrow if all is still well.

2ndLastJedi and davehenrie like this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Does VEC have a race this weekend? They are doing testing so S397 may wait til after the races for feedback.

17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

People typically don't work on Sundays? That's news to me and all the people working right now that I know. Maybe you mean game Devs typically don't work on Sundays.
    I didn't think my simple question would trigger anyone, was simply hoping for a mid month (being today) rF2 surprise.
    Chill Bruh.

18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

For the UI, Marcel let me know that the publication will take a few more days (via Discord) . I guess the VEC race.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  19. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yes that is true. I got the Ultimate Package the day before yesterday. I also tested the same content :). The GT4 are also successful. Yes, the AI is also very pleasant, that's right.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  20. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I can't find the discord message.
    What did he say exactly?

Goanna likes this.