CS-closed Sim Formula 2020 qualifying

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Dec 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niek Jacobs

Niek Jacobs Registered

Had an unfortunate incident with Jarl Teien. I didn't see the replay so I am not sure what happened. From my view I thought I was in front after the first corner. Then I think Jarl's front tire hit my rear tire and after that I bounced a little we hooked and that was it. If I knew Jarl was still next to me I would have given room, on the other side Jarl also didn't back out. Unfortunately it also caught others out.
    Congrats to Risto.

2. Andy Maassen

Andy Maassen Registered

4 races to go! Good luck everyone.

3. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Registered

There is no rubber build up on the official server.

4. Has now been adressed (base track build does not have a rubber file).

5. Andy63

Andy63 Registered

Guys, what the hell is going on? First of all, just calm down in turn 1! Never heard of the term you never win a race in turn 1? Just unbelivable and im actually really embaressed by the quality you guys have in your racecraft! Second, organisers, when there is a huge 10 car crash in turn 1, there should be a red flag and restart the race. It just looks really stupid for outsiders and even fans of simracing....

I’m sorry guys, i’m just frustrated, hope you understand. Cheers//

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  6. Now im trying to take the most friendly approach i can.
    First of all
    Language please, both here and on server. Im not sure if you were on teamspeak (which is kinda obvious that you should be), but chatting during a race is a BIG no go, i warned everyone and still in race 2 i assume it was you (i am not a fan of nicknames, and is not gonna try and remember them) kept on chatting and complaining. There are several of reasons, one of the main reason is everytime you chat - everyone gets a notification in game which is annoying when you are driving.

Second of all - we dont do endless restarts - and lets not exaturate here - 5 cars were in the pile up, where 1 of them did that on himself the rest was after effects from Gassner trying to win the race in t1, outbraking himself, spinning around Luca D Amelio, meaning Siara, Alsabti, Shanks and Foosto had nowhere to go, but to back up and start again.

Thirdly - drivers then had a second chance of showing how good they were in the 2nd race, guess what it didnt go any better.
    In T1 4 drivers including you tried to go 4 wide..it probably could have worked if everyone was not stubborn. But they were - leaving a car without a wheel and im not kidding you, that was not even enough for some of the drivers - inside the tunnel Fossto went left, into a car that was forced into the wall.

You can blame the car and the track all you´d like, but in the end - none of them could react to how some of the drivers behaved here.
    Poor driving from some people which have been put in a list, clean up that driving will you!

Congratulations to Jeremy Bouteloup who clearly deserved that win - keeping out of trouble for both races - and must i add we had a lot of fun with the racing that was left, made for some very close battles.

7. Andy63

Andy63 Registered

I agree on one point, i went left in the tunnel, wich was a mistake and bot on purpose. but i didnt see or hear (i think pincez?) i thought there was no car on my left at all, i did check. But maybe i need to change my setting ingame where i see all 25 cars, i have it set to 8 cars now.

I got sabotaged in race 1, 3 times by cars who crashed far infront of me blocking the road on purpose running into me, thats why i DNF race 1.

And why should we call people names? My reaction is based on solely on the fact we had a massive crash in every race in turn 1 this far. I was not the one causing becuse i was always hit in my rear becuse of the car ahead always crashed. I have never seen anything like this ever, i have been racing for 20 years, and it just surprise me how these races went, i try my absolute best to be clean, but its just impossible becuse i cant do anyhthing when i get sandwiched every race. I would like to finish a race and i think everyone here wants too.

Cheers, and lets not call people names, i never did why should you?

Edit: post teamspeak, i cant find the link anywhere.

8. If you would have a look in the email that was sent out, just below the password for the servers.
    I dont call people names, and i surely does not say anyone ran into you on purpose - i simply reported what i saw - if you get offended by that - then you shouldn't put you in that position.

Brush that event of you and move along, new race coming tonight, friday and sunday.

9. That was some top level racing today - wow
    Todays top 5 was
    Hany Alsabti 64
    Jordy Zwiers 62
    Peyo Peev 54
    Zbigniew Siara 54
    Jan von der Heyde 50
    Congratulations @Hany
    2 more chances now - friday and sunday, looking forward to the racing in the new BMW tomorrow.

10. Fridays winner was Zbigniew Siara - congratulations.

Today we are imposing a 107% rule in qualifying, people outside this will not be included in the reverse grid, neither will people who disconnect, rejoin, DQ and etc.
    People outside 107% will be allowed to race.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  11. Final winner was Jarl Teien
    winners.png

Risto Kappet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.