Released BMW M2 CS Racing released!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Marcel Offermans, Dec 5, 2019.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

How much time did you spend writing your post ?

Because I did not read it (some words like "silly").

And I will not read your next posts either.

muzikant and pkelly like this.
  2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Nice car a very fun to drive but damn sixth and seventh gear you need a 3Km straight to use them.

juanchioooo likes this.
  3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Finally had a chance to drive for an extended time and this car is great. Just had an EPIC race at Bridgehampton with the AI. Worth every cent.

Ermz and tjc like this.
  4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

not even with old lemans you put 6th, hopefully fix it

5. williang83

williang83 Registered

This video shows one those many bad things when comes to RF2 AI, they barely overtake specially when it comes to straight slipstreams which in this case they would rather brake than proceed with the overtake. I see NOTHING special in this video and to be frank i'm way more surprised with new IRacing AI, which needs a lot of work, since it's their first iteration but already show more potential than rF2 which until last week had the best AI in the market....in a modern game since IMO GP4 had the best AI seen until today in a racing game.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  6. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

When S397 fixes their broken DLC's I will buy this and others not yet released.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  7. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Thnx for feedback guys. You save my money. I will wait till GTE/Formula e gen 2 will be fixed. :)

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Looking at the M2 collision problem, and some of the little things that have slipped through on other cars, I think everyone would benefit from an updated modding how-to and a nice clean list of items to check prior to releasing cars (for third party modders, and maybe for 'S397' too). It's too easy with the complexity of the cars to overlook something simple, and testing doesn't always find it.

9. Ermz

Ermz Registered

I agree regarding AI. Just recently made a thread about it on the General Forum. They can be very awkward to race. That said, this was more to highlight the car itself rather than the AI.

Though since you bring it up, is this the amazing iRacing AI you're referring to? The ones who all simultaneously slam the brakes the moment the pace car leaves?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  10. romaFC

romaFC Registered

You have 1,200+ posts on this forum.

You got your feeling hurt?

rf2 could dlc an apple and you will claim its the best apple ever made.

CrimsonEminence and VirusGR42 like this.
  11. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

As long as it's laser scanned, with manufacturer's data and has the shape of the Nordschleife.

12. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

After the Porsche Cup, I now find the BMW M2 really great after a few hours. It's a lot of fun to move the car in the race. At first it all seemed a bit slow, but now the car has become a real challenge for me. GT3 go against it like on rails, also makes a lot of fun, but completely different Here you have to work properly .. like the Cup Porsche too. Great addition to RF2. The Cup Porsche and the M2 need some experience to move fast. I think that's great. Good job S397.

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

No offensive posting, just some curiosity:

This is a case for myth busters for me, does it really not? When my car is starting to slip heavily, it starts to vibrate in the wheel, as if i have a tyre slip-canned effect activated in older ISImotor games. (I never encountered it with a G27, but with a CSL, the FFB got way more detailed and some details are annoying, tbh.)
    Users report a heavy rumble effect, when going on the brakes in the M2, i never heard about an ABS or tyre scrubbing, that will make your wheel shake like crazy. That seems toy-ish and exaggerated to me, just hearing about it, but i have no experiences by myself, so this is just an impression.

It's one of the most advanced physics engines. The "best" is highly subjective. I could number some really severe flaws of this new pMotor right now like tyre temps + ambient, or pressures, but this is going to be off-topic. ...yeah i did it :D
    -------
    I also decided, to give this Bimmer a pass for now. Pretty happy, that small Trainers and feeders are getting more attention, because this is exactly, what rF2 misses from official side (except the Tatuus cars, which are perfect for modern open wheeler entry)

I have a great time with racing Pumas and Cups on the Nürburgring and waiting for a fix on the GTE cars. rF2 can show some remarkable progress the next months, or much stagnation in its state, we will see.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    juanchioooo likes this.
  14. Ermz

Ermz Registered

My biggest issue with it is this. Even at 100, the AI is several seconds off lap times. They seem to not know how to drive this car to the limit. Meanwhile I worked my butt off for close to a week to tune the Porsche 911 Cup to get anywhere near the podium. Small qualm though - driving it is such fun it really doesn't matter if you're among a full field or hundreds of meters out ahead.

[​IMG]

15. CrimsonEminence

Turn the AI up to 108-112%

I don't own this car, but these are the "old ISI Engine" values, i'm used to, to have a good experience. There are differences between car-track combinations. Sometimes 100-101% is enough, sometimes 108-112% will give you a challenge, and sometimes you have to crank it up to 118-120. The AI is pretty slow on Nürburgring-Sprint(GT Chicane) for example, for whatever reason.

Levelup1 and Ermz like this.
  16. williang83

williang83 Registered

Are we really going to play the game of cherry picking bad situation in order to cast shadow on something? If you want to play that game i could create a video of the thousands times where the RF2 never overtake or when they spin alone by themselves in official track systematically or when crash into each other in slow corners preceded by a long straight or when they simply run out of fuel, or pit like there is no strategy....see the list is very very long. The fact is that RF2 ai has +6 years while IRacing AI has 1 week and under some circumstances already perform much better than RF2 AI. Of course there are so many things to be fixed, starting from relaxing them from the optimal racing line, but honestly speaking they released an AI full of realistic potential.

RF2 AI is very rudimentary, they are just fast but dumb as ****

Corgan likes this.
  17. CrimsonEminence

You never tried the AC AI with close racing, i think? :D :D
    In comparison to that, the rF2 AI is human-like :D

But yes...they could learn to slipstream properly or not dying in a LMP2 anymore on Descida do Lago at Interlagos, for example :D

18. williang83

williang83 Registered

I'm aware that there are even worst AI out there.

19. CrimsonEminence

From all "modern" sims, i think rF2, AMS and R3E(maybe unpopular opinion?) are the most fun AI to race with.
    But they all have some stupid characteristics for sure, rF2 unfortunately has some quite severe things there, that are annoying especially on the longer runs, yeah...

20. strannikxxxxx

strannikxxxxx Registered

BMW is a good car. But I would like to see Ariel Atom or Caterham in the official content

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    memoNo1 likes this.