[WIP] F1 1986

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ChiefWiggum, Dec 5, 2017.

1. nericksenna

nericksenna Registered

Ah! You mean the first video you posted is the Ferrari from 1986? And you used the sounds of the vid i posted, understood. The other videos I posted are the wrong cars, ok yes you are right, but I meant just the recreation of the “nasty” beast-like sounds of the engines I found a bit lacking, like it’s a bit too smooth.
    However the turbo hiss and gearshift sounds make my hair frizz and gives goosebumps, which is a very good sign of realism :)

pkelly likes this.
  2. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Yeh you got it. I think I agree it needs a bit more bite and gristle around 5k-8k so I'll see what I can do. I'm quite happy with engine sound in the power band so that will stay as is.

I'm not aiming for the sound you show in the Adelaide video as that is distorted - the cars don't sound like that, it's just a bad recording with an overloaded mic. If you want that you can easily just run all the engine sounds though a hard clipper. Or even better put a distortion pedal on your sound card output - you could have it on all cars then (really don't do that lol you will ruin your ears so quick). The lotus onboard is a better representation of what I'm aiming for, obviously with Ferrari sounds.

One change I'm going to make is to the transmission whine - i lazily added in the default sound when I was finishing up as I thought it would do the trick. But now I can see that it clashes very badly with the turbo hiss and whine, and they need space to play. Not only that but it is contributing to the engine sounding soft. Tire scrub is a little too loud also. Along with the mid rpm adjustment, I'll make these three changes and call it a day for the interior.

3. nericksenna

nericksenna Registered

You never know, this might help:

doddynco likes this.
  4. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Hopefully this a bit better. It's in qually trim this time so the dump valve hits the next sample theshold - other than that it's the same as race trim.

Chages from the last video are:
    • New mid RPM coast.
    • Coast/throttle blend.
    • New upshift.
    • Redone transmission whine
    • Turbo hiss spatial mix and eq. Starts at lower power.
    • New brakes.
    • Added wet sounds.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    makan, DaveS78, nericksenna and 13 others like this.
  5. Matías Corvino

Matías Corvino Registered

Absolutely Beautiful Sir

6. nericksenna

nericksenna Registered

That is MUCH better !
    May I offer my critic though? Maybe turn down volume a little bit of turbo-hiss, brake screetch, and tyre screetch. Maybe also the sound of the revlimiter is a bit too pronounced ?
    As opposed to today's turbo F1 cars, back then the turbo cars were actually quite loud(er).

The idel/low rev parts at the beginning of the video seem close to perfect, you're certainly on the right path!

7. nericksenna

nericksenna Registered

For your external sounds, this might come in handy:

and:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  8. doddynco

doddynco Registered

You're welcome to turn up the engine noise in the audio settings.

nericksenna likes this.
  9. nericksenna

nericksenna Registered

True that ! Ok, so I take it all the sfx are at the same volume level in the video you posted ?

10. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

Stupid question maybe, but is the mod have the last update in the first post since the last update that post @doddynco?

11. doddynco

doddynco Registered

No the sound hasn't been updated in the public release yet. It's a bit of a mish mash at the moment because the sound was made specifically for the v0.9 Ferrari F186, which has Ferrari specific physics (rev limiter, turbo are main things - but it's easily sorted). Postipate has the version with the updated sound, but I don't know what he's planning on doing with it.

12. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

I thought this post was an update ;)

Thanks for your reply ;)

13. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

14. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

15. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Looking good!!!

16. nericksenna

nericksenna Registered

Looking massively good !!

17. Endor

Endor Registered

looks so real ! congrats

18. Gruselduerck

Gruselduerck Registered

Hi!

With all the projects you sacrifice your free time with in your free time, I hardly dare to ask if you still have a time slice for a historic version of this great mod?

I know there are a lot of parameters to set per team / driver / tire / engine. The difference between qualifications and races was as serious as never before and afterwards in Formula 1.

But it is precisely these extremes that would make it so desirable for me to be able to relive this season!

An Ayrton Senna that regularly takes pole position, but has often overlooked this in terms of racing trim and durability.

An Alain Prost who was also taking extreme risks in qualifying at the time, but did not have the extreme qualification engines from Renault, BMW and Honda and had to catch up again in the race.

The incredible duel of the Williams pilots and the sensational victory of Gerhard Berger in the Benetton ...

... I could indulge in this season forever.

Can I realistically hope for a historic version?

19. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

first I need a League Edition, we will drive this in our League, I have edited many things, you must take care on the oil temp, radiators, and the rpm, in this new edition it is not possible to shift under full throttle or have to high revs, this will blow up the engine, we use also a new tires physic, and I have edited the tire and car model the Cars was a little bit too small, this will be fixed

I will talk to Postipate what he think about a HE, maybe he will do it

atomed, Churrinche, GPNeville and 7 others like this.
  20. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Damn that sounds really good!