Released BMW M2 CS Racing released!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Marcel Offermans, Dec 5, 2019.

1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It already looks like a street car but very bad:confused:

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  2. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

........oh hell with it!!

Thanks for the street car Studio-397!!!:)

3. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Offtopic:
    You should seriously test the Porsche GT3 RS! Next week comes a tire update and the 6-speed H transmission model. The part got Physics data from the manufacturer. In fact, you feel every traction loss. This mod is also a bomb!

Offtopic off.. (sry) :cool:

pkelly and vegaguy5555 like this.
  4. Stevy

Stevy Registered

HOLY SHIT this car is perfect!!!
    Interior, Exterior, Sound, Setup, Feeling, FFB, everything.
    FINALLY a car which is worth the 5€ unlike the 911 Cup.
    I love it. And also a nice "class" of car. Perfect.
    One thing i noticed is the ABS FFB effect which is "new".
    Don't know if it is supposed to be like this. But atm I don't care.

Obbzy_XR_ and memoNo1 like this.
  5. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Just had a thoroughly enjoyable "get to know you" session with this car on Nurburgring Sprint. What a fantastic little car! Looks really good, feels great, default setup is completely usable - keep the TC off and get some slides going! I'm noticing the ABS feeling others have mentioned, but it's nothing objectionable on my TS-XW Racer.

Going to have to try a race or two tomorrow. Thanks so much for this one, S397.

Levelup1 likes this.
  6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

perfect ?, as it shows that you have not tried an M2 COMPETITION, it is disappointing, nothing to do with the porsche cup

7. Ermz

Ermz Registered

Love it. Bought it on a whim last night after tuning the 911 Cup on Sebring for 2 hours, and ended up driving a few hours more with the BMW on Nordschleife. It was like turning 'easy Sunday drive' mode on, comparatively. It's great to have a lower class of car like this I can use to teach my friends the Nordschleife. The feel of the car, FFB, and especially the ABS effect are amazing. For the first time ever I can actually feel when ABS is kicking in properly, and keep the car at the limit.

Great job, 397. Keep em coming. More cars using direct manufacturer data, and synced up telemetry please.

PS. For the first time ever the default setup is completely usable!

The Great Apt and memoNo1 like this.
  8. Ermz

Ermz Registered

Is this the one that was released by RSS recently?

Super fun car to drive, but they definitely over-modeled the 'street tyres' (the car got high 6:40s on Nordschleife without any trouble, as opposed to real life record, which is 6:53). Hearing that they're going to fix the tyres is awesome. Can't wait!

memoNo1 likes this.
  9. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yed excatly this mod.:)
    And as an extra option we get the 6 H Transmission also!
    Definitely great news.
    And after that.. the Honda S2000 is WIP..
    I said it, the street cars will come.

Ermz likes this.
  10. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Are you really comparing the street going M2 Cp with this track car?
    If we read this car's specs, we see it has 350hp, instead of 450hp of the street car. Also, this car uses slick tires, that grab way more than street tires.
    Dude, please enjoy what S397 releases and cry less. You probably never even drove a street M2 Cp.
    And one more thing, track cars tend to be easy to drive on track... Until you start to go close to their limit.

11. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Am i the only one who doesn't like this dlc? While interior/exterior is superb (as always) the sound and the physics are bad. It is like driving an electric car on a carpet..

mr.Sw1tchblade and juanchioooo like this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

if you think I compare it with an daewoo, or with an opel astra lol, the physics are bad, the changes are not good, it has a lot of understeer, ... but I don't cry !!!, I only think about what I I think, it is not, nor better, nor worse opinion than the others, ... as to whether or not I have tried a competition, say what I want, that I have nothing to prove ... but, to you even less
    I have almost all the official content, support rfactor 2 because I like it, except the formula E 2020 O 2019

13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

no !, you are not the only one !, there are more people who think just like you;):cool:

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  14. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

- rF2 (the best physics engine on the market)
    - All the latest rF2 physics technologies
    - rF2 best "modder" (S397, and also Slow Motion)
    - S397 had "full access to every aspect of the car over the last couple of months"
    -S397 had close collaboration with BMW Motorsport
    - S397 compared real "telemetry with our laser scanned tracks" and they "validated all aspects of suspension, engine and gearbox behavior"
    - S397 also had the BMW Motorsport drivers helping us with testing and validating the physics

But no, it's not realistic (LOL).
    Very good car.

15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

What happens, that with the BOPs that they have done to the GTE and GT3, to repair physical they had no data? They were wrong, having the data? Ah they did not have the same graphic engine? There are no wheel oak? , of physics?, of optimization?, ... is it really a good car:rolleyes::cool::D

PD.-That's why in other official cars they have modified everything, because it was very good from the first time they published:D:D:rolleyes::cool:

16. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

I don't think anyone is actual concerned about the life of the DD wheelbase, but the oscillation received during heavy braking is not closed to anything I ever felt in a real car on street, race car on track with slicks or in any other car in rF2 or other sim of your choice. Could be it's only on certain wheelbases or setting combo it happens for. But this heavy oscillation FFB during braking can't be correct, see motec log:

upload_2019-12-7_15-30-55.png

Compared to the GT3 Cup car, same position on track

upload_2019-12-7_15-53-20.png

(Sebring school layout)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    mister dog and HomieFFM like this.
  17. Ermz

Ermz Registered

To anybody still on the fence:

pkelly likes this.
  18. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

I have opened a thread for this right here.

mister dog likes this.
  19. romaFC

romaFC Registered

-lol
    -lol
    -what
    -full access means what exactly (did bmw give them full aero map, flex, suspension, tire data etc....yeah 0.01 chance any of that happened
    -same point what does that mean (pcars 2 did the same with mclaren and pirelli big deal)
    -where is the proof they can show graph with data blurred out to say here is how real life matches our sim car telemetry
    -so does every other sim game

I guarantee you that if we had access to full rf2 telemetry, there would be holes in data....just like any other sim game. that's why its locked from telemetry....long time ago lmp2 rf2 data was shown to be incorrect and rf2 devs got mad and locked it from telemetry.

as aside this week iracing released update etc.
    and in change log they wrote that they gt3 cup car (Downforce and CoP changes were to better account for the fact that we apply forces in the car frame and all quoted aero data is in the ground or world frame.)
    car has been out year and it had massively incorrect center of pressure...

what does that tell you.

there is 0.0001 chance that any commercial game will ever have every single variable in its physics engine backed by real world number. its a guessing game. the rf2 tyre model is so complex there isn't even real world data that exists for some of its variables.

so please stop with these silly posts.
    it makes you act as shill for game.

20. RNelson

RNelson Registered

These forums never change.....