Encrypted physics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Laurent Keersmaekers, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Laurent Keersmaekers

Laurent Keersmaekers Member

Hi all,

I notice that more and more cars are encrypted, which I believe, is not the good way to go with the simulator. In order to understand the car, and make proper setup adjustments, we need to be able to perform some engineering. Especially for those people that are time-limited, it's the only way to compete on a high level.

Today, when e.g. driving the official Endurance/GT/Tatuus/... content, I dont enjoy the sim, since I need to 'just tune settings' without knowing what I'm doing. I feel like I'm not improving, ending up with a sub optimal, almost default setup.

I would like to suggest to make some of the content 'free'. E.g., what does a rear suspension location AB-D6-FE-56 mean? To me, it makes no sense at all. In that case it would be better to skip that setup option.

Also, to learn something about the cars handling, I need chassis, tyres and aerodynamics info. Some cars tend to have a narrow operation window to perform well. This can be found with endless testing (which I don't have, and which is unhealthy), or by doing 30min engineering.

Is there a way we could obtain more detailed info regarding the official content?

Kind regards,
    Laurent Keersmaekers

McFlex and Juergen-BY like this.
  2. J7166

J7166 Registered

I think most of that data is encrypted due to request of the license holder. There may be some S397 specific stuff that's hidden too, but i'm not sure I see a way to resolve your issue.

3. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Yeah I know it was something I was asking for since the first GT3 pack that utilized the updated encryption. As J7166 state it is probably because of the license holder. With S397 going to real world license only, the free, decrypted days are pretty much gone.

My main idea was to use the Norma physics on the Enduraces Ligier P3, as those two cars are not BOP together.

4. J7166

J7166 Registered

As much as I would enjoy that, I believe that's the reason they encrypt now and also the reason modding has come to a screeching hault in rf2, unfortunately. Some of the GTR24H guys made a LMP1 using the S397 Oreca but I don't have the slightest idea how they did it

5. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

Easy: We have access to the vehicle files and upgrade files. Specifically what they did was leave the references to the graphics the same as for a normal LMP2, but then referenced their own costume hdv for the physics, from me having a brief look at the car those looked very similar to the physics of a URD LMP

And in the end package the entire thing like a skinpack. Done