Latest Roadmap Update - November 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 30, 2019.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Black jelly beans for me and there all MINE !

vegaguy5555 and FORMULAEFAN71 like this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I guess I admire your honesty, and I understand the "support" thing, but if everyone did that it wouldn't really make much sense.

Point is people are playing it, and enough bought it to make v2 seem worthwhile.

FORMULAEFAN71 likes this.
  3. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

But did it make rF2 in general more desirable? That was the whole point of the street car debate, which I'm sure would have attracted more people than the FE cars?

4. stonec

stonec Registered

If people buy it, I guess so. The 2018 FE car has more subscribers than any of the Reiza pack cars for example, you can check this in the Steam inventory.

5. Claude H.

Claude H. Registered

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

well if with all the names and manufacturers in FE it had less subscribers than mostly unknown Reiza cars I'd say even the real life FE should just close its doors

McFlex likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just what is a manufacturer in Formula E? They all run the same chassis don't they? Do the individual companies provide their own batteries and power units? I haven't watched more than 30 seconds so I really don't know.

8. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

...... which sounds boring...

9. Emery

Emery Registered

About the same as they are in NASCAR, I'd think ;)

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Try watching a race. Or check their site.

What, common chassis? What racing series do you watch? There are a few that do it. Anyway, you're not interested in F-E, so fine. Leave it.

mr.Sw1tchblade and FORMULAEFAN71 like this.
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

A comment from someone with 0 clue about NASCAR ;)

FORMULAEFAN71 likes this.
  12. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Is that still a thing! :D

13. Tommy2Fingers

Tommy2Fingers Registered

the rebuilt Nascar tracks look good, wish they'd rebuild Mid Ohio, Road America, Lochdrummond, Norisring.

14. Ernie

Ernie Registered

I'd love to read more development inside informations in the roadmap updates. Maybe it's not that much to talk about every month, but then it is, what it is.
    I can't get rid of the feeling, that at Studio397 it's always like "Oh damn, it's time again. The community wants a new monthly roadmap update. Well .... how do we fill it?"
    Yes the screenshots/liveries of the new Formula E 2020 are very nice.:cool: But with all the eSport stuff it feels too much like a "filler episode".
    I'd highly appreciate a deeper look of some upcoming features.

My wish for the next roadmap updates: Less "What we have achieved", but more "What's next in our pipeline".:)

15. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

I wish we had more like buttons per post...

Ronnie, Marisa and Ernie like this.
  16. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I've been saying this and mocking it for months now.

End of month comes, people at 397:
    [​IMG]

Filler, filler, filler. 50 screenshots of cars, tracks that WE ALREADY HAVE AND SEEN OURSELVES. Write up a "feel good" story at the start or the beginning about how much stuff is being worked on in the background and how wonderful it was to make this or that piece of content.

Really guys. If we remove promotional stuff (which in my opinion has no place in DEVELOPMENT roadmaps), 50 screenshots per roadmap of stuff that we already own for months or liveries that are more like: "aha... scroll down.. scroll down.. scroll down.. cool skins, I guess... scroll down... scroll down...", take away those "feel good" stories at the start or the end. We leave it with roadmaps being LITERALLY 8-12 cm long. Really. Take a look yourself. Get rid of all of the rehash and self-promoting stuff like "look what we brought you few weeks ago!", some e-sports news that most of the typical users don't care about much and you have roadmaps that are just rehash of things that we already know, screenshots and self promotion. It's been like this for a loooooong time but people seem to not notice "slow boiling of a frog" If you throw a frog into a boiling water, she would jump out straight away. If you place a frog in a cool water and slowly raise the temp she would die slowly, not knowing what has happened to her.

Do yourself a favor and go back to late 2016, early 2017 roadmaps. Then go back to anno domini 2019 roadmaps and compare. I really hope the shock won't kill you.

Ending here my piece of a concerned user.

17. lagg

lagg Registered

Reading some answers in the forum, the Evolution is logical.
    If the "ambience" continues we'll get the same forum that we had with ISI (in fact, everyday is more similar).

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Isn't possible that the same "ambience" is due to the fact that the same problems present under ISI management are still there today?
    Do you believe that such a lateness in the UI and competition system development gives credibility to the sim?
    Is the RF2 forum the refuge of all pessimist sim racers of the world?
    Do you believe that RF2 users only play RF2 so they don't see the state of progress and quality of competing offers?
    Should someone break the thermometer to avoid showing the fever?
    Cheers.

ECAR_Tracks and williang83 like this.
  19. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I believe that people using rf2 are satisfied.

This forum here is a very niche expirience. Around 20 people are very active and all others seem to have not the time or will to spent it in the sim PLUS go on forums and write about stuff they don't like. Usually people within the forum are in the top-tire when it comes to play-time aswell.

So... I stop driving when I'm bored or change the sim. I can't imagine how much I would hate any game, when I would spent that much time in it. That is why it seems to be perfectly normal, that there are a lot of rants in here.

But again, it looks like the other user like the game. It has 83% on Steam. That is not as bad as it looks in here.

Just put a filter on, when you open the forum. ;-)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    pkelly and Spyro like this.
  20. williang83

williang83 Registered

I don't think it is black or white. For example, i use rF2 but i'm far from being satisfied, actually it is a big pile of disappointment for me. AI, GTE issues, dynamic but unrealistic tires, bad MP, non existing SP, etc... The only reason i still play it, it's because for one reason or another i don't want to play to the others in these days. I don't want to play to any full simcade game, eg. RRR or PC, besides i don't care much for career but rather full championship simulation (eg. each sessions tied among them). AC never pleased me and ACC is...GT3 only which i have no love for.

I'm simply waiting to see what AMS2 will deliver, in term of overall product, and i might drop RF2 instantly. Iracing, i do not enjoy its physics and tires, but it's more a matter that i don't have time to commit to it again in this period. That being said it's clearly looking promising after seeing their AI first iteration (in some aspects already better than RF2 AI, actually considering everything it's already better IMO), so they are meeting their roadmap with good quality and there are more to come (eg. rain). Of course it is not cheap but goddammit i work to afford at least a 10 dollar monthly subscription.

My take on RF2 is that it is too sterile. I mean the physics is good, tire okay, but the environment, racing weekend simulation, is too sterile, again BAD MP and awful SP, the latter basically quick single races with bad AI. Before someone comes defending rF2, don't it's not alone, the only good AI i saw until today was GP4 AI, any other is at least two category below. In fact, i have to drag myself to start RF2.

Bernardo likes this.