WHY IS NURBERGRING NOT LOADING!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Gary77, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Gary77

Gary77 Registered

Hi i have just purchased the nurbergring dlc and it will take ages to load then it with play like a slide show, every other track and car works. I am soooo angry i have spent hours trying to get a lap on this,I cant even get a refund now. What on earth is going on??????

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

How much memory do you have? There are reports of higher memory usage lately (not sure if due to content update or build update) and if you start running out of memory (ram or video ram) it will have a huge effect on performance.

System specs are always good to provide.

Kieron Simon likes this.
  3. Gary77

Gary77 Registered

I have a i3 2.90ghz. GTX860 6g Ram.It runs fine with all the other DLC , and everything else, I have Deleted the other nords track, However it keeps coming back in user data player settings.I cannot delete the folder called Nordschleife2_Tourist_Summer,I can but it will come back each time i load up the game, Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this,its driving me crazy..

4. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Registered

Ignore the Nordschleife2_Tourist_Summer stuff if you want, Gary. It's inconsequential. I have both installed (haven't bothered to delete the Nordschleife2 track stuff) and it causes no issue.

With only 6gb ram, and that GPU, you're going to need to reduce some settings...probably a lot. It's quite heavy.

Once you fiddle with graphics settings, be sure to clear the cbash and shaders file (each and every time you move settings. This prevents graphics issues that will occur if you don't. Those folders are in userdata > log. You can clear all files from both of them, they regenerate on start up. Track will take a bit longer to load after this - first time around - so expect that)

You probably need to go into the launcher, open the box icon on the left, look for the Nords2 track, uninstall from there, then purge stuff like the user data > player settings file...but again, this has no bearing on running the S397 Nurb track(s)..they do not conflict.

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

With just 6GB RAM, a slower i3, you should get a looooong loading time, when using a track for the first time, after that, the next time should be faster. This is "normal" behaviour for this engine. Reduce some settings and try loading it again. It will probably load up, but it takes long, as soon, as the loading bar gets to the last quarter.^^

6. Gary77

Gary77 Registered

Yes i do realize that it takes a while to load new tracks, but this one will not load with my current settings, which are low enough already, I hope they optimize this like sebring is, Sebring runs perfectly and is awesome, If they wont then i am pissed off because they could have put a disclaimer stating that you need a powerful pc with a heap of vram to even load it on medium settings. I am soooo hanging to drive the Green hell, I loved it on ac, but i want to drive it on the real simulator. Why oh why cant this track be optimized better.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Gary77 do you have 6gb ram, or your vid card has 6gb ram? Not clear above.

*also, have you tried on low circuit detail?

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Perhaps because the Green Hell is umpteen times larger than Sebring. However, I do believe there is some issue with the latest version of Nords, The video memory requirements has been reported as much higher now than with the original release, but that has not been proven nor a fix proposed. In the meantime follow these steps.
    Kill everything you can in windows, From a clean boot to windows, do not surf, do not email, load Steam and then kill it after rF2 begins to load. Once in rF2 do not load any plugins, and disable any you have currently active except steam. choose 1 car, and only 1 car in practice. REDUCE all graphic settings to low. AS LOW AS THEY CAN BE SET. If these steps help get the track loaded, then you can begin to increase graphic options. My guess is shadows should be the last option you try and increase. You may 'think' your system should be able to handle Nords, maybe it can, but lets find out. Drop those graphic options to the absolute minimum. Even your normal screen rez, cut it back. Don't worry about the look for now. 1 step at a time.
    Good Luck.

9. Gary77

Gary77 Registered

Yeah i have tried everything now, I dont understand this, I know i have a potato pc but everthing else works on medium and i have all the other dlc and tracks which i love. Man im pissed off,I hope s397 optimize it like the others, i mean even the gp and sprint layouts dont work, well they do but runs like a slide show..damn it!!!!!

leillo1975 likes this.
  10. leillo1975

leillo1975 Registered

I have a i5 3550 with 16GB RM and a GTX1060-6GB (with Proton in Linux) and also have a loooong times to charge these tracks. I think like @Gary77 , probabbly an optimization is necessary

11. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Registered

I have a 1070 with 8GB of video ram, and the only thing (did all that other stuff first) that fixed it (Nords) for me was lowering the display values some.
    Did some more testing, raising up the values one by one, and it turns out that they can all be all the way up, except as soon as you turn up the shadows it starts the crashing. Maybe the Nords needs some additional optimizations.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019