OK, what has happened to rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Nov 27, 2019.

1. doddynco

doddynco Registered

I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that one.

2. doddynco

doddynco Registered

AMillward likes this.
  3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Can't spin the tyres? Au contraire...

But to throw any of the GTEs into a spin isn't rocket science.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  4. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah he is wrong, which is a bit weird for someone who has spent so much time with rF2. If you use max TC in the aid option it will override car setup setting. But, if you turn TC off as aid then it will allow car setup option to take precedence, so whatever TC value you have in the car setup will be applied. In other words, GT3 cars have a level of TC enabled unless you specifically change the default setup and this will affect ability to spin the tires.

Alex72, Gonzo and Tommy2Fingers like this.
  5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I commentate on VEC and NONE of the GTE drivers try to light up the tyres coming out the pits anyway. And they weren't doing it before the BOP that 'broke' it.

6. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

I could be but I have tried it with it turned off in the car's setup as well as in the difficulties tab with the same results. :)

7. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

8. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

If some simply cannot understand that the revs rise and drop too quickly I am at a loss. The simple facts are these. Before the bop the GTE cars did not do what is transpiring now. Others have acknowledged the same issue. Thirdly, one must remember that bugs can at times only happens to some. I repeat, I have tried both with the tc override (I use on starts), or the turn off the tc completely in the car setup and the difficulty tab and still the car almost stalls 3 times trying to get moving in first. It is a bug and I see no need to reply further.

9. Tommy2Fingers

Tommy2Fingers Registered

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Just ONE message by the devs would cancel this whole discussion, if there is an issue or not. No communication = more speculation.^^

But i have to say, if someone here really thinks, that the GTEs are behaving "normal" and realistic, i can't believe it to a full extend.

There is something going on with engine revs, we have several comparisons.
    WHOT? Sim racing isn't executed like the real deal, because the system has flaws and other needs, i can't believe it! :D
    The BoP definetly "broke" it, look at the laptimes. Period. :D

avenger82 likes this.
  11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

No, no - I'm just letting the people losing their shit over this, know how simple of a fix it actually is...
    Makes it even phunnier!

Honestly I don't care. I don't have any ERS-code yet. That's makin' me lose my shit. Not some too freely-rev'in GTE engine.

AMillward likes this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

GoldenBear's original thread on this issue was perfect. Start behaviour had changed (I barely drove the DLC, before or after the BOP change, but I thought I noticed a difference too) and the devs said they had noted it.

The moment people start guessing (or assuming) the reason for the behaviour (like engine inertia), and making statements like "I know the game like the back of my hand, and this setting does this" they open themselves up to counter arguments.

Does anyone have any footage of a standing start from before the BOP edit? I'm having trouble getting the Porsche GTE RSR away from a standing start without the revs bogging down a bit or the engine pinging off the limiter; rather than debate what's correct or what people try to do, I'd be interested to know if this was always the case. I simply don't remember, or if I even drove the car back then.

Case in point. Video comparisons to other games show the revs rising very quickly in the others too. Stick to the issue, which is getting away from a standing start.

Will Mazeo likes this.
  13. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Slow standing start in real life, can be explained by clutch slippage (or lack of), engine inertia (if trying to start from idle revs), low rev torque (I am surprised no one talked of this), or too long first gear (look at real life stand start from Porsche 917 at Le Mans for instance).

Regarding M8 GTE, using a G27 with manual clutch, TC off in game and setup, I can lightly spin wheels when starting even with full fuel tank, on a dry rubberized track, without any special trick, and I start at the same speed as other AI driven cars.

That doesn't negate that other drivers may have a problem starting with this car, simply emphasize the difficulty of evaluating car behavior in a sim, due to the amount of variables involved.

Cheers.

Emery likes this.
  14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The only lap times that matter are the ones in relation to the rest of the grid

15. CrimsonEminence

I already saw some grids, where GT3 and GTE were mixed, the GTE are too slow, the GT3 too fast. So. the relative performance between classes is already off...this is the result of changes to the LMP2 Oreca 07 car. Also, on sheer pace, the RSR is pretty much chanceless against a M8 on LeMans for example.

After all, these statements are leading to the making of videogamey balancing changes, rather than making cars performing close to realistic results. Like simulating stuff correctly...in a simulation.

Why are you so defensive against something, that even the devs have acknowledged and observed...in august already:

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/gte-engine-inertia-bug.64593/page-2#post-1008366

williang83 likes this.
  16. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

@Lazza standing start at 10:10
    This was the first version of the car before that bop update.

I'm sure i can find many other standing starts from that championship.

AMillward likes this.
  17. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Meanwhile, at an event I was at last month, all the classes behaved as intended.

I'm only giving my experiences here, not defending anything at all.

18. CrimsonEminence

Same here...so yeah...there we are.

19. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Just gotta ask the right questions :p marcel.png

20. J7166

J7166 Registered

I don't think I'm going to like the answer, but I'm glad Marcel is going to address it. Real acknowledgement of the "issue" is an important first step.. sorry I don't think throwaway line about looking at a clutch issue on discord was sufficient.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Ronnie likes this.