OK, what has happened to rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

What coffin?

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

3. LokiD

LokiD Registered

what the actual

a bad photoshop if I ever saw one!

4. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It's not shooped

Alex72, bwana and The Iron Wolf like this.
  5. Alejandro López Arjona

Alejandro López Arjona Registered

wait, what? hahahahahaha

6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

It seems rf2 has now more than just the two modes of single and multi player.
    I found this list from the rF2 store page.
    It seems to have been compiled using tags from a "buy 6 get 6 tags free" sale.
    Split screen...seriously. Not even AC and Pcars pages combined has that much bullshit.
    Sim racing using remote play together..:eek: There's still server problems just with data, remote play streams the video to each person from your home internet.
    Untitled.png

GoldenBear likes this.
  7. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I guess once you're dead you don't need to be close to your monitors.....:rolleyes::p

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Guys, i think, this thread was about asking for what is going on with recent flaws of quality ensurance in rF2, pls beware of taking this to a "toxic" level of complainment thread. I don't want to play moral apostle here, just a reminder of keeping it cool. :cool: Just in general, no specific examples.

The coffin with G25 is pretty damn awesome though! :D
    Each sim has its place ;)

Se7en89, lagg, bwana and 3 others like this.
  9. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Overall I'm not too disappointed, I personally am getting performance hits, however I think mine is a combination of poor AMD drivers and implementation for my 5700 xt coupled with optimisation issues in rF2. For me Nords on release was unplayable with any amount of AI, it's now since the update and a couple of driver updates playable with cars but I still get micro stutters especially around the pits.
    I am in general happy with the cars and the updates to them, guess I'm just easy to please.

10. shovas

shovas Registered

+1 On the unplayably low/variable FPS of Nurburgring I just downloaded. i also think something's up with memory usage and pagefile usage. Definitely on the 24h it's swapping on my 16GB system with <10 FPS anywhere on track.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mantasisg I don't want to drag this sideways (respect @CrimsonEminence 's post and thoughts above), I'll keep this response to your post brief.

Regarding contact patch pressure distribution (or suggested lack of), see https://www.studio-397.com/2017/12/6512/

Your 'blind guessing' is completely unfounded, and actually contradicts what the dev himself has given us.

As for the 2400Hz, there's never a "goodbye to 2400Hz" point. The 2400Hz is a constant, and when your CPU can't do it the game goes into slow motion. Plus, the tables developed when building tyres don't have a time limit - if they take 6 hours, they take 6 hours. So there's no breakdown of the modelling. Pulling figures you've seen and taking potshots about how practical it is or how well it works is completely ignoring the design put into the tyre model - the thing we can all (hopefully!) agree rF2 does well.

On a final note: you can't have a "I don't really know for sure" disclaimer and then say whatever you want. When someone says they don't really understand physics or know much about the history of scientific observation (and the logical conclusions based on them) but feel confident the Earth is flat, I don't let them make stupid assertions that are easily disprovable just because they've said they don't know something. So if you know you don't know much about something, don't go making assertions about how it does and doesn't work - that's not me telling you to shut up unfairly, that's me telling you to educate yourself so 2/3 of what you say isn't obviously hogwash. There's enough missing in rF2 without needing to make up more stuff.

I agree, and that's why I suggested something along those lines in a discussion you were involved in, here. (some good thoughtful discussion there, based mostly on known quantities and without too much ISI/S397 bashing) It was met with some usual resistance regarding modelling and simulation and how the model is broken and it needs to be fixed. Shortcut parameters are no good. Here we are 2 years later and still nothing. I wish we (and S397) would settle on some 'good enough' solutions finally and we can have some progress. Timed KERS anyone? Limited engine mapping changes anyone? Working wet lines anyone? But I digress.

Emery, bwana, McKiernan and 5 others like this.
  12. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Ah, I’ve been around long enough that I remember when ACC was going to kill off rF2, and the shiny NEW!! thing before that, and... There’s always something which is going to revolutionise sim racing but when it comes out reality kicks in and it is always flawed in some way. rF2 is far from perfect but it’s the one I come back to when the varied drawbacks of its competitors become annoying.

Emery, bwana, Highlandwalker and 2 others like this.
  13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The issue is not engine inertia related. It was introduced with the first S397 content named Usf2000, than with Gt500 and nearly all Gt3 in 2017. Maybe the tires have to much longitudinal grip.

14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Click the link, the tyres aren't moving in this demonstration.

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

They dont need to finish the current big work to get the other part right, different teams do different stuff in studio (and that's why the situation is so bad, it looks like they have no idea about what they are doing *insert dog meme here*)

Every new sim ppl say this and rf2 user base kept growing. From all sims AMS is the one less likely to hit rf2, especially with this new engine, no race rules, no driver swap, no rejoin, no save/resume, no popular content.
    I know ppl like to give Reiza a lot of (deserved) credit but let's not forget the main changes there (in AMS) were made by the now known as S397. Renato himself said Reiza is more of a content creator than a game developer, which means their job is partially a lot easier than what S397, Kunos, SMS, iR are doing. And now they got quite the shortcut with development and promotion (I believe SMS will promote this sim too since they make money from it)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Chris Lesperance likes this.
  16. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Incorrect. The GTE engine inertia bug came out in the last bop of them. I never have this issue of being not able to spin the tires on other cars since I owned this game from 2014. Here is proof it is bugged. Although I am in the GTE Porsche this proves the bug is real. It makes little difference if it is the GT3 or GTE cars. They should NOT bog down to almost a stalling point.

17. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Try it with the Corvette Gt3 and usf 2000, make a video a prove your statement

18. AMillward

AMillward Registered

It is possible to get them moving again pretty easily. Just feed the clutch instead of dumping it and you can get the rear wheels to light up.

Use TC override as well.

19. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Wow u have changed your tune. Bit much getting rid of your whole rig though lol.

20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Same - will be brief. This blog doesn't talk about contact patch pressure distribution per width of contact patch, which is entirely different subject, which I did touch.

So thats what I meant by "goodbye", by assuming that calculations would possibly get so much heavier that it couldn't keep up with such frequency, of course unless everybody should run hardcore hardware ? I also just asked "why ?" the 2400HZ and isn't it much more than it would be enough, that was very simple question. A question, not a claim, not a criticism - like you call it. Again you don't allow a guy to be curious. Of course perhaps you are right and since such thing would come from ttool generated lookup data, it shouldn't handicap the game, or would it ? Perhaps there are limitations in ttool itself ? Again just making guesses, questions and just thinking, not claiming anything, I am sure you will call it potshots, even though it is just me being curious.

I am sure that rF2 has best tires, but this low pressures thing is not included into this statement, this is a statement which is a criticism.

I can. And everyone can say what they think as long as they are critical about it. I am. I say what I think, and I understand that I am possibly not right. In case if I am wrong, I expect being told that I am wrong and hopefully an explanation why. Not to being suggested to stop talking. I have every right to be wrong as well as to be right about anything, and everyone has a right to agree and disagree.

Coming back to original issue. I have not made any claims, assertions. In fact, I continue to show if things which I write aren't confident. To sum up what you say: I can't talk even when I'll make it clear that I am not confident about the thoughts, then at the same time you say that I shouldn't be confident with my assertions. Now this is truly a hogwash. Turns out I am confidently not confident person :D There is no sympathy for a curious guy in simracing.

We should make it clear that "I don't know, but I think...." is not the same principle as "No offence, but [continues to offend]...". Can we agree on that ?

I am delighted to be compared to flat earthers, certainly just like them I'm just as much ignorant, sure I am, because I wonder whats up with underinflation in rF2, and ask if 2400Hz frequency of tire calculations is not more than enough. Just that.

avenger82 and CrimsonEminence like this.