Should Nurbs GP be this slow?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by shovas, Nov 28, 2019.

1. shovas

shovas Registered

Near the pits, and anywhere in sight of the pits, I'm getting <60fps, with wild swings of 10-20fps. On the back straight I might get up to 90fps but going so low around the front just kills the experience.

Is this normal?

I'm running triples on an i7 2600K @4.2Ghz OC / 980 TI / 16GB RAM. My video settings are Medium or lower except for Player Detail Full and Texture Detail Full.

Ftr, I tried the 24h layout and was getting <10fps because it used 12GB ram and other apps were using the rest and it was swapping. I know the 24h layout has a lot but...really? 12GB?

Am I really asking too much from my hardware?

Is the track just unoptimized?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This seems to be something that just appeared with the release of the latest Nurb/Nords layouts.

3. shovas

shovas Registered

Thanks that's good to know even though it means it's pretty unplayable for now.

Is this just a Nurburgring issue or does it affect all tracks? I just got Le Mans, too, but haven't tried it yet.

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

I use Post Processing on Medium, when i switch to High, it gets unplayable, but as soon, as it is on Medium, it works pretty fine here, even with a pretty "basic" spec:
    Ryzen 1600, GTX 1060 6GB, 8GB RAM, rF2 running on a HDD.

I also run on somewhat around 16-18 visible AI cars, i use full track detail and full textures, if i'm remembering correctly. So could it be, that post processing is higher than medium on PCs with these recent performance drops?

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

afaik, every track. something has changed the memory requirements. I'm not sure what yet.

shovas likes this.
  6. shovas

shovas Registered

For the record I set Player Detail and Texture Detail to High (was Full) and got my fps 70+ on GP and 50+ on 24h although it is hitching on the GP section of the 24h due to swapping, I think (memory is maxed out according to Task Manager).