OK, what has happened to rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Nov 27, 2019.

1. J7166

J7166 Registered

True, but the rolling start issue is a minor symptom of a much bigger problem with the endurance content since Lemans update.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Yes, indeed, that's not wrong.
    But test it by yourself:
    Turn TC off and try full throttle, let the clutch snap in, or even just hit throttle at neutral and kick in 1st and try to get a fair amount of wheelspin.^^ You will not be able to archieve that. In real life, it is even required to let your rear slightly spin after pitting, to clean your rears from dirt etc. and giving them some bite through a bit of temperature, without letting them blister right from the start, of course. :D

This is a pretty nice comparison:

the rF2 M8 acts like a bike or a JDM car with very light flywheel :D
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/gte-engine-inertia-bug.64593/page-2#post-1008448

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

To be fair, I've never dumped the clutch in those cars. I've only ever bled it in to get the tyres to light up.

4. CrimsonEminence

Finding the bite point is very, very hard to maintain&handle in theses cars right now, you can manage it, of course, but it is no comparison, of how it worked before the one update.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@mantasisg mate: stop talking. If you don't know how something works, you're in no position to criticise it.

Seriously, there's no value in either blindly defending or blindly criticising rF2.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  6. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

Definitely the performance via fps is worse than before for me too. Yhere must be sth wrong with last update.

7. stonec

stonec Registered

You can always go back to the previous build from the Steam betas tab and compare. Often people report performance change, but it turns out to be placebo when you actually measure results between builds.

8. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

No, i measure results with msi afterburn, no single fps drop below 75hz on previous build, but with this build, fps drops and stutters, it seems to be the ram usage(pagefile) increase abnormal in this build, i have 16gb system ram and my ram usage before is 10gb(10500ish mbs) and pagefile bot exceed 16500mbs, but in this build system ram usage is about 9gb(9500ish mbs) and pagefile is about 17500-18000 mbs, gpu usage is about same, %60 on average, on starts at about %85 average, when it stutters or hickups, gpu usage not goes up to %80s, so gpu is not the problem.

davehenrie likes this.
  9. CrimsonEminence

Could you clarify this? Just for interest. :)

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thank you for examining that for me Yigit. I KNEW it had changed, but I don't have the skills to isolate what had changed. Thanks again.

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I said in my post that it is just guessing, and it was my exact words that it is just blind shot. I have pointed out myself that this shouldn't be taken as facts, so not to make any desinformation or cause any confusion. Also it was certainly not a criticism, for exact same reason. I just thought it is interesting to contemplate whatever the reason could possibly be behind underinflation issue. Simply because it is interesting, and I don't understand how a simracing enthusiast couldn't be interesting in this.

Is mate not allowed to think ? I am confused by this suggestion to stop talking.

There is huge value in being curious. However, it is certainly unappreciated and frowned upon in simracing comunities. I have experienced people dissociate from me when I get very enthusiastic and extra curious on some subject, there were people who was mean to me for being curious. There were people before who used my own exact words "I am not sure", "I am just thinking/guessing" to kill my curiosity vibe. There are some people with great knowledge who can't stand anyone seeking for more knowledge especially if it challenges them. There are people with great knowledge, who will often show it and thats great for everyone, but when they don't know something they disappear, as if it is a shame to not know something, although to be curious.

If curiosity would be valued in simracing these days then perhaps simulation would have much brighter time. I have learned lots of things thanks to curiosity that started from various discussions, sadly usually no one cares really. But perhaps thats better than just being told to shut up.

12. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Should we start a thread on what we would like in rF3?

13. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

I think 98% of the team s397 work on UI and system competition and the rest is neglected...
    For 4 years now, everyone has been pressuring them to have a new IU/system compet and they are doing it, it's long, very long even... but we're going to get it.
    once finished this big work I hope that s397 will review its way of working, polish the all dlc before releasing them (inside, outside, sounds, physics, bop, texture, colors, skin etc...)
    the beginning of the year will be decisive for rF2!!

bwana likes this.
  14. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

This is the second time I have seen you mention this and it is immaterial. What about after an off or collision where you have to get going from a stopped position? For that reason, let alone that no other cars in this game have this condition, it must be fixed. No offense but saying the cars are supposed to use standing starts is just being a little shortsighted.

avenger82 and ECAR_Tracks like this.
  15. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

A new developing team.

16. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

At this point S397 have a big hole that they themselves have dug to climb out of. As for fixing these bugs I doubt it. They will just go back to making more DLC's full time. Just watch and see.

They seem to have found time to botch up the GT500 but no time to simply put back in the code for the GTE's and LMP2 before the bop. The code is already written. I do not know a single person who likes the bop anyway. So a simple roll back now until they are serious with fixing these issues should be a no brainer.

17. Sebastien Sestacq

they are passionate they will not leave bugs forever, they will correct the time come, once the IU and the competency system finished the workload will be less!
    and they'll focus on bugs, polish and improvements!
    Anyway, if it stays that way, people will leave me understood and yet I'm on rf2 since the beta!
    but quite to spend euros so much to do it on a software that works well (iracing)

bwana and pkelly like this.
  18. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

I do hope your view is correct as for me it is rF2 or bust. If this game falls completely apart, I simply will sell my rig and wheel and will have no need for further computer upgrades. I have spent around $6000 in gear for this game alone. That shows my love of it. :) Cheers

ps...Part of what worries me is not their dedication but whether or not they have the wherewithal/knowledge to do it.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  19. Sebastien Sestacq

I'm a pure rf2 fanboy as they say so I hope the best is yet to come! :D
    if in a few months it's still the same, I'm starting the plane simulation (!Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020! At my age it will be less tiring! :confused:)

20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

lol yeah oldseb… ive been playing il2 bos and im impressed the updates for that is phenomenal!!

But yeah this chat about rf2 is nothing new, its still unpolished, DLC still not fixed. We keep flogging that same ol dead horse and the devs seem to want to do their own thing in their own time. I like the team Marrs, Chris etc etc. but I really cant keep giving them the benefit of the doubt. Because im just losing interest fast in rf2.

I really do think AMS 2 will be the last nail in rf2 coffin.

Wanderer and GoldenBear like this.