GTE Engine Inertia Bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoldenBear, Nov 24, 2019.

1. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

S397 botched up the engine inertia on all the GTE cars during the last bop. They even had the nerve to add the Aston GTE after the bop with the same engine inertia bug. It has been months. Why did S397 update the skins on the old GT500 before fixing the DLC that they themselves broke?! It is getting beyond tiresome the direction this is going. Do you actually think people will purchase new DLC's when you leave the ones you made and changed (broke)?

I would appreciate an S397 member to chime in on this. I asked once months ago and was told it was posted on the fix list. Not one single new car should be released before fixing this bug on the GTE's or the ones present on the others.

I know I will not purchase another car from S397 until I see that they will maintain what they build. That means fixing these horrible bugs. I am starting to fell ripped off by shoddy testing and releasing of cars that clearly either were not, or should not have been released with bugs that I found as soon as I pressed the accelerator the first time..

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I was aware the Oreca had issues after the last update, (very touchy at low revs like when leaving the pits, prone to stalling) but I haven't seen comments about the GTE's engines. Handling? YES, but engines....? no. fill us in please. What are the issues?
    ("naughty-Dave" can barely contain his fingers, after all, they removed the GT3 text from the GTE Aston finally. PROGRESS!)

3. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Okay naughty Dave, hehe here is the down and dirty. When at a stop and pressing and releasing the accelerator the engine revs go up and then back down to idle like turning a switch on and off. There is no longer any inertia to the engines. The revs should drop much slower than they do now. Therefore whenever one tries to get going form a stop the engine bogs down heavily and almost stalls allowing the AI to simply take off on race starts. This happens if using the clutch on starts (I do and have no auto clutch enabled) or not. If you have auto clutch on and simply floor the revs and then pop into first gear the engine bogs down multiple times before getting the revs up which is even worse than using the clutch. This bug should have been fixed right after it transpired. The fact that the Aston GTE was released after this bop and has the same problem makes one think that copying and pasting of engine physics is now going on. :(

Paid DLC's MUST be working properly before concentrating on the UI/CS or Nords (when it was being made still). At this point I think they have not fixed it and many other bugs in game code and cars because they simply do not know how to. All the silence on this matter from S397 is not too reassuring. If S397 thinks bringing out a new UI/CS will be good for business it will, but only if the game and DLC's are working properly.

Right now with their mindset it seems all the thought and work is going into making more DLC's at the expense of fixing what we paid our hard earned dollars on. This business model has always failed in the past by companies in this predicament. S397 will not be the exception if this nonsense is allowed to continue. First one makes sure the core code and items made by the devs are in order then one works on adding more items. But the way it is going now looks to be make more items and sell them all the while allowing the bugs to pile up. The writing will be on the wall after the UI/CS release when new buyers of this game start leaving in disgust the same way players did whe ISI left the game in a stagnant condition.

Sorry for the long winded post but this is getting very upsetting seeing a great sim like this being allowed to falter more as the months go by. Cheers

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

No, thank you. That describes the Oreca engine to a T. I'll look at more of them. Thanks. The BOP they placed on the cars was to prepare for the LM 24hr online race, but it also totally corrupted the balance between the GTE and GT3. Thanks for the information.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    GoldenBear likes this.
  5. Stevy

Stevy Registered

I just did a 90min race at the weekend and practise the week with the BMW GTE and I didn't encounter any engine bugs.
    I also had a Pitstop. Auto clutch enabled.
    No such thing as you just described.
    The only time my engine boged down was when the TC kicked in after a spin for example. But that's ok and what I expected. And also had no problems with the pit stop or start

6. J7166

J7166 Registered

i haven't been to the forums much lately. Has the Lemans BoP and the issues that have come from that been acknowledged by s397 at all? Seems like the rear dampers or just rear suspension in general for the GTE cars is drastically different....and doesn't quite seem right (to me anyway). I have noticed the strange engine behavior pointed out by goldenbear as well….this also allows cars to downshift gears while still at 5000+ RPMs which probably shouldn't happen either. From what Ive gathered it seems s397 is all in on the new UI...but man it would be nice if they fixed the GTE cars, which were by far my favorites in the sim.

GoldenBear likes this.
  7. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

The day I mentioned this bug it was acknowledged by S397. You are the first I have seen say this does not happen to them. Lucky guy!

8. lagg

lagg Registered

Could you tell us where? Out of curiosity.

9. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

with the clutch "auto on" there is no problem!
    is there irl engine protection on the downshifting on the GTE?

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I don't believe there is transmission damage at this time so no need for engine protection. A recurring complaint though.

11. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

There is a problem whether or not you yourself have the bug. Many have it.

J7166 likes this.
  12. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

I posted to a dev the day the bop was released in their Discord forum. I cannot recall which dev it was though. He acknowledged the bug exists. Like I said it is noticeable by simply gently pressing on the accelerator in neutral and releasing it. It revs up to max and down again in an instant. Before the bop it reacted like other cars and the acceleration and deceleration was progressive due to the user's inputs, it was not full and idle like a flash.

For those who still say just because they may not experience the bug that it is non existent, just ask me to show it. I will gladly produce and upload to YouTube a video proving it exists for some of us. This btw happens with traction limiter enabled on starts from a stop, so it is not the tc causing any issues. Turning it off in the car setup completely produces the same buggy result.

J7166 likes this.
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Do it. It is definetly a problem there, i have to agree!
    Like a car with an absolutely light flywheel, if that makes sense, even Formula 1 cars and Bikes aren't that sensitive with revs, sometimes...
    The GTEs are also stalling almost, even if you turn TC off, i drive with Autoclutch off, so i can tell you, the bitepoint is literally an on-off switch there.

14. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

I will make one tonight and put it up. Thank you for confirming you have the issue as well. ;)

15. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Here is proof for Oldseb and the other naysayers that the engine inertia bug exists. You cannot even spin the rear tires anymore.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

17. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

CrimsonEminence and J7166 like this.
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Oh man...the date, it's about time for a bloody fix, isn't it? :D
    "GoldenBear, Aug 16, 2019"

19. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

I just gave a test....
    The bug is real...even a noob like me noticed that...:eek:

J7166 likes this.
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you want when I get home and have access to discord I can try to find which dev you got a response from.

GoldenBear and CrimsonEminence like this.