I I Cant keep up with the Porsche GT3 cup VLN on the straights

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rlaycock, Nov 23, 2019.

1. rlaycock

rlaycock Registered

Hi all
    Has any one noticed that when you select the VLN speck GT3 cup car, the AI are a lost faster than your car on the straights?
    Or am I missing something in the set up?
    Thanks in advance if you can help
    Bob

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I think the AI drives with the SuperCup Spec, that have more HP.

McKiernan likes this.
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

The OP should have received the fix from another thread/forum by now, you have to click "Force Setup" in the showroom, to ensure, the AI uses your set.^^

MaD_King likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

by set you mean the endurance package vs the Supercup original?

5. CrimsonEminence

Yes. You choose the Kit in the list on the top right and click on "force setup"...done.^^

McKiernan, MaD_King and davehenrie like this.
  6. ilgrillo

ilgrillo Registered

But where's? There's nothing on top right of the list!

Attached Files:

7. ilgrillo

ilgrillo Registered

How can I use the Endurance Pack? There's no explanations!

8. CrimsonEminence

Again: Open the Showroom (TUNING on the bottom), choose your Kit there on the top right and click "force setup".

This UI and documentation man...

pascom likes this.
  9. ilgrillo

ilgrillo Registered

Thanks, found it!

But why S397 leave us without explanations?
    I really don't understand this practices of communication.
    I don't have to spend my time questioning and searching in forums.
    Sgrunt!
    It's an official DLC! Come on!

Mibrandt and Narrowbackwing like this.
  10. CrimsonEminence

I don't know...it is an engine and UI, which was made back then, when manuals where normal and documentation necessary. So i'm looking forward, how the new main menu will work. I was confusing the "tuning" button with "showroom", because it is both, but called "tuning".
    Another example is, to send setups in session under "Vote" :D
    Yeah, this whole design needs some carification for newer users or rare use in general.

Akela_DE and ilgrillo like this.
  11. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

I have asked 397 will they do an --up to date-- user manual , its really needed for newer and established user .

From memory they said they were looking into it , lets hope they realise how important it is to have detailed information how there product works

ilgrillo likes this.
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

an up to date user manual would be out of date as soon as they implement a change. Pointless right now with the UI on the way.
    The user above asking for info on choosing the proper opponents literally posted right below the answer. In fact, the name of the thread addressed this issue, all one had to do is read the thread.
    Most of us are intelligent, mature, adults. Too much to ask to read 5 or 6 posts? I've been a user for about 4 years, rarely, if ever, have I used the forced setup option in the tuning page, but I knew where it was if needed. I even asked a clarifying question just to be sure.
    Everyone can bemoan the fact rF2 is NOT user friendly. I think it will still be NOT USER FRIENDLY when the new UI appears.(but perhaps less so) The sim is 8 or 9 years old by now, I would suspect most of the devs consider items like the forced setup option to be well known and understood. If it isn't, especially for newer users, a quick read here would be more efficient than flipping through page after page in a pdf file.

David Kolody likes this.
  13. ilgrillo

ilgrillo Registered

"We", users, should start to pretend more "friendly treatment".
    It's not about being smart.
    It's about sim developers communication. All of them.
    Why a sim has to be unfriendly in the software usage?
    Uh... Ok... It's a sim. You have to spend time on internet, forums, blogs.

No!

I very wellingly spend my time for the simulation purpouse: setups, aerodynamics, dumpers setting...
    But not for software issues or hidden functions.

"We" consider this waste of time normal, because "we" are accustomed to.
    But isn't normal!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  14. CrimsonEminence

Okay, 1st world problems privileged simracer talk here :D :

I have to highly disagree here. Manuals for a complex product are mandatory, to make full use of its features, when using something of this kind the first time, or rarely. Some people still don't know, how a driver change or continuing races with replay function in ISIbased sims/rF2 work or even know, that it exists, without searching for infos in the internet, instead of just having a note in a PDF file.
    rF2 has the reputation (at least in my eyes) of being the X-Plane of racing simulations...let's have some proper documentation.

I'm saying:
    So the user is at fault, that the products usability has flaws?
    If the product would be self explanatory, your point is way more understandable, but in this case it is a quality of life thing. Yes, you can read forums, for getting the answers, if someone is new to a whole thing. But it is more time intensive, than just flipping pages in one PDF.

The ISI UI and menu structure is well known to me, since F1-Challenge 99-02, so it is no problem for me, to find features and options sooner or later, but give this whole thing a new user and he is lost, by searching certain features and searching in forums, instead of just being able to use the game right out of the box.

It's not the users task, to ensure comprehensive standards of use, it's the developers task. A small description here and there (what spring 1 or 2 in endurance packs means for example, hell, there even is a description section for it in the showroom, why don't use it??), a quick guide, when the new UI is released, would be more approachable for new users, than without.

This whole thing is a phenomenon, which is very, very common today in the whole simracing, and even gaming culture, but many other structures are more self explanatory and comprehensive.^^

15. lagg

lagg Registered

Wellcome to rF2

16. CrimsonEminence

Time to get out of the box, unleash and do some severe reputation overhaul :cool:

The convoluted mess without documentation is not rF2 exclusive, though...

lagg likes this.
  17. pascom

pascom Registered

UI soonTM

18. Stevy

Stevy Registered

I get the feeling (and I hope I will be wrong) that the new UI will be the biggest letdown in rFactor, no simracing history.

Ronnie likes this.
  19. CrimsonEminence

Expectations are too high already, of course it will be a letdown for many...

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Ofc it will be. What's more I strongly believe it will take them at least 1 additional year to implement all the things they promised over the years in roadmaps and on discord. If they implement 50% of what they promised, I will already admit they did more then I was expecting from them.
    @CrimsonEminence
    Expectations are as high as devs wanted to make them with their promises. So if there is a major fallout over how it works, what's inside, after so many years of waiting ("THIS TIME IT REALLY IS DECEMBER, I PROMISE! I know we did say it was just around the corner like 5 times already over few last years, but this time it's true! 100%! Promise! Pinky swear!") it will be 100% on Studio 397. Ofc what doesn't help is having certain people in community that are whiteknighting for 397 and hyping up further on forums like Racedepartment or discord servers but they are just victims of hype produced by 397 and if sth doesn't work on D-Day, mid-december... I will let you all figure out what will happen.