Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 27, 2019.

1. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Tyre patch is Alt and whatever you have got where mine is Equal. So, Alt + =
    Cycle through, not sure, 1 is contact patch and the other is temperature.
    It might only work with left Alt.

GRAB_053.jpg

VelvetTorpedo and OdeFinn like this.
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

I see in your video, that you are struggling on exits, where i have not to work for it at all, to be stable...i use similar toe and camber values to yours...maybe a click less on the rear in toe and 0.5 less camber on the front, dunno right now.^^

Try lowering bitrate...maybe even audio bitrate a little chunk.

You see the car and the laptimes in my video over 10 laps and its tyre degradation...this car works absolutely fine over long distance to be consistent. Other tracks like Road Atlanta and so on, with more turny action also are fine over more distance. I'm not driving CTMP very often, i think, i have to do it soon. :D

The setup is not very different to this performance set and the only thing are the low tyre pressures, which seem to give a 2-3 second advantage, even if you are slower, you are hammering 2:04 times with a "clean-ish" drive with sprint race config, while i'm not driving that much different and keep it on 2:00-2:01 even with mistakes, this isn't just slower driving, this is setup/car, i'm not an alien, so there has to be another reason, than just driving style.
    It should be Ctrl+Alt+*binded key* in the controls menu for triples/tyres, i'm not sure right now. It can also display your temps with colours on contact, when cycling through with the hotkeys. I use this by default a longer time now, to take a glance sometimes to see, if i'm loading up my front enough, while trailbraking and it is interesting to see, how several cars make contact to the road.^^

EDIT: what ADSTA sais :D

OdeFinn likes this.
  3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

The tyre patch display is ok if you've only got one monitor.
    With triples it sits in the top left corner of the left monitor... :mad:

CrimsonEminence and OdeFinn like this.
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

No no.. listen to the average Joe in their mom's basement instead, "the car is far from real" according to them

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  5. CrimsonEminence

As an average joe, unfortunately not in moms basement anymore :( (playing GTR 2, without caring about anything in life was great, so many years ago! :D), i have to say: The car is pretty believeable...just the tires are "gripping" strange with realistic pressure values, the driving behaviour itself is pretty similar to every other Porsche Cup in the racesimmer world. Also watching the Porsche Road to LeMans Series with Fassbender, it is pretty obvious, that this car is NOT an easy task at all, i mean, this guy literally spins this baby in almost every episode, but has pace. :D

Also i tried Oschersleben now, adjusted wheel allignments to tighter cornering and indeed, it is way more stable on exit, you can "dance" and play with it, it is beautiful! But i still lose significant amount of time, with higher pressures, than about 118-128 Kpa. It gets twitchy and you have to keep concentration on weight transfer extremely hard, i mean extreme, even for a rear engined car.^^

6. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

Uuh.. Tried Oschersleben, ~1:32.5, never driven there before, setup needs small adjusting for track..

7. CrimsonEminence

I drive the Moto version with the fast T1, instead of the horrible 90° left kink.
    A bit more toe front and rear and just try lowering the tyre pressure already, not overdriving and it should be fine...1:28 times are qualy pace at 101% AI, 1:29-30 are race pace on the Moto version. Racing this track with AI is pretty funny, they probably die alot in the McDonalds chicane :D
    Oschersleben is special, not a track for everyone, because it is so "go-kart-ish" :D

8. Mikk Quickmikk

Mikk Quickmikk Guest

driving with real ones even better fun

pkelly and OdeFinn like this.
  9. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

Same moto, on this year they came back to that layout. 1:31, but so often having misses on laps, something keeps me slipping there. Not a track for me, but good for making setup to flat tracks. Will try more, but starts to taste.. Just not my track, always missing apex, going hot, low.. Argh..
    Senormen version of CTMP is perfect pair for Porsche, sweet fast and still challenge to drive. On three I can keep 1:21 pace, hotlapping 1:20 and few lucky 1:19.

10. CrimsonEminence

Oschersleben was the track, i've driven the most in GTR1&2, so that is my excuse, but it is indeed a challenge to get it right, because there are so many "f-up" corners, where 2 Km/h are crucial between losing or nailing it :D

I find this car VERY strong on Hockenheim GP, the AI also is not that severely strong on this track, but it works so well there, my wish for a custom championship mode out of the box in rF2 grows more and more with this car, to be honest.
    It's such a good close competition, even with AI and you can't win always, because tenths are deciding, if you can gain positions or not. But you are also able to recover from a bad qualy, if you are lucky in race conditions, because *justporschethings*, when the fuel is heavy, the car is so stable, until it gets light, fast, but nervous :D

I'm looking forward to the balance tweaks, that will come for it, also the Nordschleife suspension kit. It is the most favourite version of this car next after the R3E one now, for me. The Boxer Cup in AMS is my most beloved, but it has more diff setting possibilities and a bit more pace, so it is not a Porsche Cup, it is more of a Porsche power cup :D

11. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

@CrimsonEminence my experience on Oschersleben is around two few hour stints now, video below will explain everything on my experience on this track.. LOL
    But definitely it teaches me a lot on tuning of this car, how to set it on different tracks.
    Sounds are clipping, still fixing it more..

Maybe taking later few stints more on there, but CTMP is just sooo good..

Edit: found one really important setting for handling, or for me it's making this even more controllable car.. Watched again @CrimsonEminence video and noticed "looking forward" option used, switched it on for my self using 33% and wow what a difference it gives on cornering control.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    CrimsonEminence and juanchioooo like this.
  12. CrimsonEminence

Look to apex doesn't give you a more controllable car, it increases your ability for vision on track, especially, when using single screen. Also it often feels, like your car is turning more, than it actually does, so sometimes, you have to compensate for that. On tracks like Oschersleben or Nürburgring GP it does help, because of all these tighter windy turns, you can prepare a good exit, which is the only thing, where this car will gain time, if executed right.

OdeFinn likes this.
  13. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

Better vision = better/easier control reactions :cool:
    My biggest problem with Porsche was seeing apex/exit, now I can let car dance under and feel direction from FFB and visual view, similar feeling what VR gives, gotta test Porsche on VR, haven't run VR after Porsche release..
    So yes, yes all what you said. o_O

14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Best car sold by S397 up to now, not a rushed product, the first I consider worth the money I paid for.
    Interesting car to drive and race, rewards clean driving, default setup doesn't work at all for me.
    Cheers.

15. CrimsonEminence

Lower the tyre pressure and add a tiny bit more rear (positive) and front (negative)toe, it should give you a more controllable car. I've driven nothing else the last 3 days and this is the biggest thing, of what i have experienced with it. Very special approach indeed, especially if the driver was used to electronic assists of a GT3 car.

16. Lgel

Lgel Registered

My preferred car is the BT20, with H shifter...
    Cheers.

17. CrimsonEminence

I'm more of a BT44 guy, also the F-Retro in AMS with good ol' H-Shifter ;)

Lgel likes this.
  18. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

This is the reason why I like rF2 + Porsche Cup.
    (When/if, someday Studio 397 improves AI, I'll take vacation for gaming..;))

Edit, truly sorry for audio quality, did a lot of problem solving after this and found few reasons, got also track of cause/reason how/why microstutters might appear. More about this later, current tests are with clear audio and no stutters, now have to check which things/settings were actual reasons for those.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  19. Andregee

Andregee Registered

20. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Who cares about NOS or Porsche Cup cars? (Which DLCs btw I own and totally care about :)) Gimme the GT500!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019