FFB SETTING FOR TS-XW WHEEL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vyrush, Jan 1, 2019.

1. vyrush

vyrush Registered

Hey guys, could someone suggest a good setting for Thrustmaster TS-XW wheel.
    Currently I am using all default setup, in-profiler and in-game, but it just doesn't feel right.
    Would appreciate if someone could guide me.

2. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

I'm not at my PC but I use:
    In the TM control panel I have set Spring and Damper to 0 all the rest at 100 and Auto center to 'by the game'.
    In rf2 I have set the min torque to 3% (I think). For this I used the method of setting it just before the wheel starts to oscilate side to side when stationery and not holding the wheel.
    I can't recall smoothing but it's only around 4 or 5 I think.
    FFB per car is exactly that but in general around the 60 to 70% mark for GTE and GT3. This is very subjective.

EDIT: My Min Torque is actually 1.5% with smoothing at 4.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  3. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

All I can do is show you what I have my TS XW set at as these are my personal settings and may not suit you...but feel free to try and experiment :):)
    TS XW Control Settings for rF2 at the moment...I change TS XW Control Settings to the 'Default' settings for other Sims like 'Raceroom'
    1 TS XW CONTROLLER SETTINGS 1.jpg
    rFactor 2 Callaway GT3 in-game settings...I have reduced the 'Car Specific FFB' and increased the 'FFB Smoothing' to 6 (this is just my personal preference:))
    TS XW CONTROLLER for rF2 CALLAWAY CORVETTE GT3.jpg

rFactor 2 Merc GT3 in-game settings...I have reduced the 'Car SpecificFFB' as to me it feels not quite right compared to the Callaway
    TS XW CONTROLLER for rF2 MERC GT3.jpg
    ...some other car mods I have reduced the 'Car Specfic FFB' even lower as the FFB was to strong for my personal liking.
    My Sim Rig:D
    SIM RIG 2x TSS RACEROOM copy.jpg
    Hope this is of help.

vyrush and EsxPaul like this.
  4. vyrush

vyrush Registered

Thanks mate. I will definitely give it a try.
    Nice right btw...

M D Gourley likes this.
  5. Jean-Simon Chénard

Jean-Simon Chénard Registered

Good afternoon,

You should set everything to 100% in the thrustmaster control panel.

Rfactor 2 is capable of using all the forces. You can turn this off only if the game is poorly coded like project cars 2 or Asetto Corsa.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  6. fab06

fab06 Registered

hi all

Help needed ! !
    i use this old post because my FFB with my PC Racers steering wheel on RF2 is awfull :(

since i have the PC racers (replace my G27) , i dont play on RF2 anymore .. it is too frustating to drive more then 10mn on RF2 with the Thrustmaster StWheel :confused:

in thrustmaster control panel , i have set all value at 100% (only the first value at 60% for the master gain) and before i have try the spring/damper value at 0% (but it wasnt a good idea)

if someone have a good feeling with his own PC Racer on rfactor2 , can you send me your Controller Json ? ? (mine is problably too much modified on FFB setting line now without success)

thxx

7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Have you tried loading the default profile for your wheel for a comparison?

8. fab06

fab06 Registered

yes ..i ve try that too ..but it s not a very good FFB with the default profile 'RF2 PC Racers'

i always seems to drive RF2 cars with Winter tires in the heat of summer instead of real Sport/Semi or Slick Tires :(

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This is a link to a text file, or rather a portion of a text file. copy and paste the downloaded file's text into the same section of your controller.json file. He uses a T-500 which is an older variant of the Thrustmaster line and has less torque than the PC line of TM wheels.
    So you may want to adjust your control panel levels after trying it.

next: The Mercedes GT3 is an outlier for ffb response compared to other cars in the two DLC GT3 packs. So I would only look at that car AFTER sorting out your ffb. Also the Nissan GTR-500 has a different tire from the DLC cars and may feel different. Again, another car to try only after you get your wheel sorted.

The biggest advice I can give is reduce your smoothing to zero or near zero. This may transmit some clipping but will also eliminate the software trying to limit the forces that get transmitted to your hands. There are some 3rd party phone apps that can display ffb forces in-car and those can be used to limit the clipping of over-range ffb. In the above screen grabs he uses ffb smoothing at 6 Don't know if that helps or hurts your feel when you are smoothing a-lot of the responses.

10. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

Maybe articulate what issues are as this might be helpful to assist you.
    I have a TS-PC and the opposite of G29 experience is all I can say.
    I used to avoid the curbs with my G29 for fear of my fillings falling out of my teeth.

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Kerbs with the DFGT was like listening to a drum solo by Keith Moon :p

LokiD and Thepharcyde like this.
  12. fab06

fab06 Registered

after many test on Json file ; still no good feeling for the Front wheel in a curbs or when brake lock for exemple ..

but i can feel "too strong" in the PC Racer all the Bump and Kerbs of track and the rear wheel are theres compares to G27 :) but theres a problem for all the rest :confused:

when the brakes lock ,i just see some smoke in the mirror , that the only thing that tell me it was too strong on the brake pedals :cool: and dont know if it was from front or rear or from another cars when its in straight line ..

13. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Reduce brake pressure in car setup

I have a tspc racer and use 100 damper. Although the game uses according to json file around 10% damper.
    Try using the newer cars as well The older ones imo feel a bit let's say old.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019