Latest Roadmap Update - October 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

WTF? That`s a prototype that studio 397 made with Senna design! It was made see what hypercars could be! That car in particular was declined!

The only real rumor is the Mclaren Speedtail, but again, it`s not confirmed! So YES, you don`t know any! Good luck with your hypercars in RF2 for this year.

Ronnie likes this.
  2. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

You don`t have clue what you`re talking about. Tourist Layout is the soul of the circuit. It`s the main Layout. You don`t know that, because you don`t live near the circuit and you only see what is transmitted by tv/internet 1 or 2 times a year. You really don`t have a clue what Nürburgring Tourist Layout represent. It`s not just the parking lot/meeting camp. It`s everything around that. The soul.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    muzikant, Duvel and Juergen-BY like this.
  3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Well, if the circuit has no soul, give it back, give you your money, so don't be disappointed anymore, ... but the circuit they have taken out is great, the parking for you, the circuit for others:D:D:D:);)

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

To be fair, the Tourist layout is not just the parking lot. You also have another timing, because you're stopping the clock from "bridge to bridge", without the Döttinger Höhe straight.^^ So there are other laptimings for this layout. I don't really miss the Tourist layout, because it can't provide racing and AI is a miss&hit for that, but it is absolutely understandable, that people asking for this variant, because it is the closest, to what you can experience in real life. :)

David Kolody, dylbie and juanchioooo like this.
  5. Eddy

Eddy Registered

But you don't need the parkinglot to drive from bridge to gantry now do you :)

juanchioooo likes this.
  6. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

Example from the (not so good) competition:

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Honestly, it is not the first time you completely miss my angle. First of all, I just demonstrated how ridiculous is juanchioooooooooooooooooooooooooo knowing that he will respond to post that simply contains word "street", I didn't expect someone else get hooked, so congratulations. Second, I did not spam every thread and I kept myself out of unproductive discussion for quite a while, so your response is not logical and false. I am sad now.

VirusGR42, dylbie and JimmyT like this.
  8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Schpidie and juanchioooo like this.
  9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

if you are constantly spamming the same everywhere, street cars, street cars, street cars ...
    but not only do I tell you ... other people tell you.
    if you name me at least put the name right
    ;)

10. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I'm so looking forward to December, I honestly have no idea what to expect and it is going to be beta without many stuff and without competition system, but it has to be interesting time indeed.

PS exciting to see such dates like 1966 in official roadmaps, even though sadly it hardly has anything to do with upcoming content, maybe... PROBABLY. :D

11. Emery

Emery Registered

I've had muted rF2 enthusiasm this fall since the latest official content releases aren't pushing my buttons, the competitions aren't oriented towards the Americas, and the UI work appears to be holding back desired sim improvements (AI, surround sound, hybrid drivetrain, pavement/tire heat transfer, and clutch drivetrain). Public beta release of the UI in mid-December with disabled features to come at an unannounced date means I'll be back autocrossing in real life before the UI will have any real effect on my life, so the only thing I can truly look forward to are content releases.

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Brill !
    Big thanks for the roadmap update

juanchioooo likes this.
  13. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

A nice looking road map , good to know the Ui will be introduced just before they take Christmas holidays :) —- look forward to the future now that they can improve the base sim .
    Well done 397 .

juanchioooo likes this.
  14. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Am I the only one who is still confused by exactly what is being delivered in the UI and the competition infrastructure?

The roadmap states "Expect the first public beta to not yet include the new competition system". Then we get shown screenshots that seem to ONLY be about the competition system. We were given the reason for delay of the UI was that they were not going to release it without the competition parts in it. So why the change of heart now? What exactly will we get at first release???

It then states "The first steps will include testing both the “mechanics” of the different competition formats, as well as collecting data based on your participation so we will be able to test out our ‘driver rating’ algorithms". But you've just stated that this is NOT what will be released initially??? So are we simply getting the ability to organize online sessions as we currently have it, but possibly, with some form of 'driver rating' calcs included? Under what scenarios can we enable or disable the driver rating parts? Are those only associated with officially created S397 online competitions, or is any user-defined event also subject to these ratings? Are people who set up sessions able to limit participation (who can take part) based on those ratings? Are those ratings tied to Steam id, or something else?

I'm not that bothered about the UI itself - how pretty it looks, or how it exposes the functionality. That can all be changed. What I AM interested in, is that underlying functionality of how you can structure a competition or event series. From the screenshots, we see two "Rounds" in the competition, and then within a "Round", separate sessions of Qualification, Race, Practice etc. The second screenshot shows 3 sessions and not in the correct date order on the right side; and the next one seems to show that Practice has completed for the first Round and now we are waiting on qually. It will be interesting to know if, for example, a qually session can last for multiple days; whether when you qually, you set the grid and possibly splits based on times, or whether you are limited to only a certain number of participants per round or competition?? As an example, in iRacing they used to allow you to qualify during the week, set as good a time as possible over many days, so say if 100 people had set a qually time, 30 people register for the specific event instance race, it would split into 2x15 drivers based on the qually times they had registered. That qually time is in effect for any race session during the week. Will we be able to do this? What sorts of features are created for competitions/rounds/sessions? It's this stuff we have no idea about. Why not seed the ground now with some details of exactly what you're going to have capability for?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  15. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

The unavailability of the shortcut during the outlap is like blasphemy.

16. TJones

TJones Registered

Such Nuerburgring/Nordschleife specific shortcut would require some codebase changes. Some sort of exception to bypass "cutting prevention system" on out-lap. You need some sort of "flag" or something in the track file that alow shortcut on outlap on this specific track or track variant.
    The AI cars then should also use the shortcut. So the AI logic needs some changes and possibly additional AIW path.
    It's quite a bit of work. I don't see this happening anytime soon, maybe after the new UI. :(

17. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

It took 1 year for the track creators. 1 year time for code changes

18. McFlex

McFlex Registered

No that's not true. The old rF1 NOS version had it also working. So that is no excuse

VirusGR42, dylbie and CrimsonEminence like this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

TJones is describing something that would allow the outlap shortcut but not allow a timed lap shortcut (unlike the available tracks).

TJones likes this.
  20. McFlex

McFlex Registered

You mean like doing the shortcut a second time with running laptime and than the laptime gets deleted? If it's that, even that was possible.

CrimsonEminence likes this.