Latest Roadmap Update - September 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Rather that re-write the entire online matchmaking code, why not just choose a simpler method. Stop selling individual cars. Sell only packs. You still will have those that have only 1 or 2 of the current 3 endurance GT racing packs, but the vast majority will buy what is offered and thus 'most' users will be able to join without worry. Just sell packs, just buy packs. Issue 'mostly' resolved.

pkelly likes this.
  2. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Then nothing changes compared to how it is now as people are forced to buy the packs anyway, which means a steeper entry level to online races. But I do agree that selling individual cars and folk not being able to use them online kinda defeats the purpose.

Point being that people that don't want to spend upwards to 40 €/$ on DLC just so they can enter a race, could buy one car for 3 bucks and not have to worry about their spendings too much. End result being an expanding user base online and the game becoming more popular. I'd love to organize an enduro at Sebring for example, but I know that half my buddies won't show up if I want to do it proper; Sebring track + enduro pack + the new Aston as you'd want to include that as well. It's a shame as like this a lot of the quality content S397 is pushing out lately just isn't being used online because of this.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  3. Teodor Orzechowski

Teodor Orzechowski Registered

Maybe I missed something but I can't see anything about the new GUI. That will be huge deal without any efforts put in.

4. jymp

jymp Registered

Sorry, but I have to agree with the above, no doubt the new UI is a lot of work, however 2 to 3 weeks is a good while back, now when asked about it you deflect.....

Binny likes this.
  5. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

During community race some cars was looking like yellow low polygonal models for me. I think because i doesn't have those skins at my pc. It was terrible immersion breaker.

And now i have no hope it will be fixed in the new competition system. Think about it guys before shitstorm comes here, with competition system release

6. mister dog

mister dog Registered

That happens when new people join and you haven't refreshed the session yet, after you go to the next session or if you leave and rejoin the cars should become visible.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

No, these are placeholder cars when you are on track and someone join you get them so your game wont freeze loading the full car. When you get back on pits the car get loaded then. This shouldn't happen in the race session (so I doubt it happened... take the report with a grain of salt) since by then you'll have to get to pits anyway when session is changed.

8. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

It happened with me during the race. So i finished qualification already and race was started. You can find community race video and see those cars. I have done only 1 of 2 races only. Then I started to watch live stream. And there was a bunch of yellow cars too.

With new competition system people will come from other games to try rf2 for a 1st time or to give it 2nd chance. And there are no excuses for this behavior of rf2.

And another 2 cents from me:multithreading is a problem too. As i can see rf2 can use only 2 cores. Actually it was my fault: i entered online race with ultra settings and nvidia dsr on :) And my cpu almost died at the beginning of the race. But (sorry guys i did it again) pcars2 and acc handle this situation better.

Anyway can't wait for the next event.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  9. Javi288

Javi288 Registered

'Both the Nürburgring and Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car will see further updates. The track will get a few more layouts to complete all possible combinations and the car will get more liveries as well as a “VLN” upgrade.'

Will the "VLN" upgrade have ABS like the real one?

10. Emery

Emery Registered

Guess we're not being treated to an October roadmap?

Ronnie likes this.
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Maybe they're taking some well deserved vacation after the NoS release and so on :D

Next stop: User Interface Soon(TM) scnr :D

12. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Have we entered Narnia or Rabbit Hole? Where's Alice?

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

She's to small to see.

Do you mean with that, they don't deserve a break?

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

All you have to understand is that there IS NO SPOON!

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  15. AMillward

AMillward Registered

And Soylent Green is people.

Eric Rowland likes this.
  16. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I'm legally forbidden to answer that question.

17. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Maybe re-upload September's roadmap with new random screenshots of stuff we already know or have and change the name at the top? No one would notice a difference anyway. :rolleyes:;)

mr.Sw1tchblade, dylbie and McFlex like this.
  18. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

The same posts will get posted though. ♫

Ronnie likes this.
  19. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

At least Reiza delivered and postponed :D

Dissappointing that the roadmap didn't appear. I guess Marcel has no time as he is eating bis wheel ;)

20. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The information they will give concerning the UI will be crucial (for rF2 fans).

I remind you that the previous roadmap says :

"At the same time, focus is shifting back to completing the new UI and competition system.

We are working towards a public beta release, and we’re confident that we can announce a release date for that in next month’s roadmap."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.