Logging Out-of-Realtime Physics Freezes [public-test]

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Gasper Zupan

Gasper Zupan Registered

Log files and replay from our team member --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfs1qj9rtmng2vx/Luka_Ferlic_Silverstone_Freze.rar?dl=0
    The freeze occurs at replay position 544. He was alone on VEC D2 server, nobody connecting/disconnecting at that time. He had almost identical freeze on pretty much same place during 2nd preseason VEC race at Silverstone. But we dont have the log files from that race, just a funny clip I made, on how we lost position without a fight :D

2. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

3. Davvid

Davvid Registered

So nothing has changed after all those builds.

AirplaneRider, Marisa and Ronnie like this.
  4. Alexandr Meshkov

In message above it was logs from Ruslan Ziborov. But we have about 5 different players with same problem every week in our Indycar championship. Last year we had same problem for same drivers. Last year it was on DW12 Indycar, this year ADC IC18 which based on DW12 as well.

Same race as above (COTA), same problem, but different driver (Ross Grosman)
    Time on replay - 1158, 1502, 3475, 3742, 4135, 4227, 4267
    Freezes when someone exit server

Next week (Long Beach), same mod, different track, same problem for Ross Grosman
    Time on replay - 855, 862, 931, 937, 952, 1553
    Freezes when someone exit server

Logs and replays from Ross Grosman https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kkYzyFfe172s1lcabi9l6alD8Llw3Zlv

There also logs from Nikolai Terpilovskii from COTA race but he turned off replays https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NtfWfjPULpC7Dkl4I6hZMzZwxzO8pxje/view

On server replay he had freezes at 1160, 1503, 3475, 3744, 4135, 4227

Here all mods and rfmods for replays https://mega.nz/#F!oLpShITI!bGap2iniAshxFMEaezE1xQ

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

if 5 of your drivers are having this issue, sounds like you need to institute a rule that prohibits drivers from exiting til the race is complete. Some harsh penalty would have to accompany that rule, perhaps no points at the next race whenever they leave early.(I'd just leave it running and go watch TV)

6. AirplaneRider

AirplaneRider Registered

7. Alexandr Meshkov

8. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Has there been any progress on this? Was on an online race last night, RSM V8s at Pukekohe & this happened
    when people left the server during the races (I was one of the 'culprits'). Surely enough data has been collected
    to analyse the issue/s?

AirplaneRider likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yes it needs a fix, but a league can ENFORCE a freakin rule. NO discos during Q or the Race. None, zero. Anyone discoing manually should be kicked out or have some other drastic penalty enforced. This won't stop pick up racing disco pauses, but leagues can have rules. If it's a known issue, then a rule like this is the simple solution. I'm probably repeating myself, but Admins....you can completely end that problem just by announcing a rule to have all drivers remain on the server for the duration.
    My only unknown for such a rule, would be driver swaps for endurance events. I can't fix that if the pauses happen after a driver has left the car since most servers don't have the bandwidth for over one hundred drivers over long periods.

AirplaneRider and McFlex like this.
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

dumbest suggestion ever, not even GTR2 which was normal to even cause crashes when cars left the server (didnt save it in memory I think) if the car was not properly done was necessary to have such a rule. Plus you can just leave or end the game process, nobody will tell if u left on purpose or not
    This needs a fix and a fix is the only option.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  11. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Fixing is the only way, i'm sorry but i won't let my PC turned ON just because my "server exit" will crash or slowdown others race...

12. Rui Reis

Rui Reis Registered

TheSecret1 and AirplaneRider like this.
  13. Rui Reis

Rui Reis Registered

McFlex likes this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

But wouldn't your PC be 'on' if you were still in the race? Do race teams leave the track if they crash? They may start packing up, but they remain throughout the event. Some drivers do leave, I'll admit that, when they have tight schedules for the next race. But the team? Still there.(if for no other reason the haulers are packed like sardines).
    I've never run a server, but I seem to have memories of the host knowing when a user manually disco'ed back in the day when memory hacks were common. With all the small items that seem to have been left on the floor by ISI when rF2 was built, I wouldn't be surprised if logs like that no longer existed.
    I want that issue corrected, it NEEDS to be corrected, but until then, I just offered a simple solution.

15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I'm sorry but that is not a solution and your argument is stupid, sorry... Comparing real teams remaining in the circuit with the fact that a guy that crashes early in a virtual race needs to leave it's PC ON when he wants to go to sleep or to work makes absolutely no sense and that's not a reliable solution because you cannot ask or enforce people to do that...

16. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

But to exit and mess up everyone else’s experience isn’t good either. Yes a proper solution is the best option but until this happens the work around of leaving your PC on until the race finishes to allow others to have a good experience doesn’t seem too much to ask IMO

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just a note for anyone reporting ''microstuttering", be aware that a graphical stuttering doesn't mean a physics stutter/pause (which is what this thread is about). I just did a race with multiple little stutters each lap (third party track, could be the root cause, haven't tested elsewhere) but confirmed with Ctrl-C that the physics wasn't having an issue. The graphics histogram showed the occasional dot elsewhere as the stutters happened, but the physics timing was completely fine.

lagg and Rui Santos like this.
  18. AirplaneRider

AirplaneRider Registered

I'm in the same boat as you. I have problems offline in single player. In Windows 7 it goes completely black when it happens, in Windows 10 it stutters and I usually end up crashing into a wall. It's so sad, because RF2 is great, but unplayable by so many people. They'd probably boost their sales of DLC more if they just fixed this bug than anything else.

19. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

It seems that developers have no interest in solving it. If you look at the first post of this thread, you'll see it's March. That is, it has been more than 7 months since the first problem was reported and there is still no solution. In addition, it seems that they only worry when freezes occur at online events. This was the reason why I stopped playing rF2 for several months. A freeze of 3 or 4 seconds ruins the whole experience.

20. AMillward

AMillward Registered

rFactor 2 - 1.1115 Now Available! Steam Build IDs client: 4203454 dedi: 4203458 Server admins must update all dedicated servers - Improvements and bug fixing for the newly integrated Steam plugin. This includes a fix for a freeze that would occur at 33 minutes into a session, for some users. - Fixed player count in the matchmaker.