Porsche GT3 Cup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inactive user 0001, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You won't see anything above 100%, as that's the limit :D

Zoom in on some corners to work out which has/have the highest sustained FFB, and you want to avoid it flatlining on 100 during that corner. It's personal preference to some extent, completely avoiding clipping will reduce FFB strength obviously. But if you just avoid clipping through the highest-force corner on a fast lap (try to exclude kerb strikes) you should be about right.

(Try adding corr speed and maybe some other channels to that graph - in separate groups - as squashing the graph down a bit will make it easier to see the clipping)

2. romaFC

romaFC Registered

Okay thanks for feedback.
    I have managed to find the sweet spot at 0.7 multiplier so it doesn't clip often. Just clips on high end magotts/becketts/stowe.

As an aside.
    I have never driven a more bizarre car like this gt3 cup car in rf2.
    The brakes even with pedal force at 100 percent or 95. Just don't stop the car. Playing around with the brake balance does nothing.
    Car just won't slow down.

Around Silverstone AI is doing 2:06 lap times (20 Celsius no wind no humidity).
    I can barely manage high 2:09 and bulk of my time is lost at braking.
    This car is too stiff/won't allow trail braking.
    Tires are extremely sensitive. It will snap oversteer, it can be caught when it snaps.

I am gonna go try ACC cup car with same track and conditions...than might do same with iRacing.

3. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

you can't brake because the brakes are simply not at the right temperature, you have to maintain the brakes like the tires at the right temperature, you have to get to know it and you have to drive it differently from the others because its characteristics are unique

mr.Sw1tchblade and juanchioooo like this.
  4. romaFC

romaFC Registered

And what is the right temperature?
    there is nothing unique about this car.

with GT3 around silver stone I can beat AI at 105% , with gt3 cup I can't even get within 3 seconds of the ai.

I tried ACC GT3 cup car and iRacing and this car is by far the worst car of them 3.

5. franser

franser Registered

Cómo se pronuncia

I tried the porsche cup of iracing and it seems to me that the one of rf2 is better, by hooking the blocks of the car very easily and it seems to weigh much less than in rf2, in addition to feeling that it was floating. Pilots of the porsche cup are trained with rfactor 2

6. romaFC

romaFC Registered

I don't know how to log with iRacing.

In ACC I can do 2:02 all day with same conditions as rf2 weather and grip around Silverstone. (20C, no wind, no humidity). rf2 is barely 2:09.
    ACC out of the box has the same setup that Porsche real cup car suggests.
    I adjusted the rf2 setup to match Porsche setup, wing position 6..3 and 6 roll bar etc.

Real life lap times around Silverstone with GT3 Cup Car during F1 weekend was low 2:02. (On that day it was clear with 22C temperature, couldn't find wind speed)

anyways here
    is comparison of brake temps with one lap in rf2 and ACC.

rf2 lap
    [​IMG]

acc lap
    [​IMG]

comparing other parts of telemetry acc vs rf2

same speed on straights/ similar corner speed in fast stuff...suspension travel similar/damper velocities...its pretty amazing how well both games produce same results.

but for rf2 sake, I am loosing everything in braking.

one more thing this is real cup car brake settings

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    mr.Sw1tchblade and franser like this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You can't see the braking system pressure.

Is brake pedal force full in rF2? And have you compared braking points and retardation to footage or real telemetry?

PS why is the acc log showing brake temp as mm? :p

8. romaFC

romaFC Registered

Yeah, ran full brake force in rF2.

The ACC log brake temp is just error in worksheet. Temp is Celsius like rf2.

There is no real telemetry lap that I could find to compare (I wish there was).

The only reference is that this year real cup car did 2:02.2 on 22 degree sunny track around Silverstone.

[​IMG]

Only real life lap I can find is this (but this is just race pace lap, nothing special)

I challenge anyone to do Sunny, 20 Celsius, 0 wind, 0 humidity, around Silverstone and see if they can get to 2:02 lap time with rF2 car.

9. franser

franser Registered

great work excellent data you have collected, the cup car is very difficult to drive, and does not admit mistakes, the braking on this car is very technical because it has no electronic braking aids. PD: let's continue enjoying these great simulators

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Overall laptime relies on accurate track layout and identical surface friction. Silverstone was recently resurfaced and overall grip is always a bit of an estimate. I think individual braking events are better for analysis of brakes.

PS wind and humidity do nothing in rF2, and I wasn't questioning the brake temp figures, just found it funny they're logged with the wrong units - as a motec plugin author that's pretty niche humour.

11. Sebastien Sestacq

no need for telemetry to see at what temperature the brakes start to be effective just test....

12. romaFC

romaFC Registered

Unless you're saying rF2 Silverstone is not accurate, the lap time difference is just way off, compared to real life.

ACC development team said that grip has been reduced in 2019 version of Silverstone.
    "(Silverstone 2019 surface grip adjustments (around 2 seconds slower)"
    They work directly with Bancpain teams.

Over the weekend I will post better comparison of ACC vs rf2 telemetry. All the available side by side data.

Pretty eye opening and amazing how well both games produce similar data.
    Shows how these sim games are getting better and pushing each other to our benefit.

one more thing.
    I should have probably done the easiest test direct comparison between 2. (will do it over weekend)
    braking distance between rf2 and ACC.
    Get to 200km/h and slam brakes and compare braking distance/time.
    It might be tricky due to having to control too many variables with both games, but I will try my best.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  13. romaFC

romaFC Registered

I posted above brake temps for both games where temps are within 50 Celsius of each other (minimum and maximum)

And yet one game you can brake better and in another you can't even come close to brake performance.

Unless you're suggesting cup car is F1 car where you need to be 900 Celsius to get proper braking temps.
    You have provided zero information to prove your claims.

14. franser

franser Registered

The F1 has carbon brakes so they need these temperatures, instead the brakes of the cup are metallic but need temperatures above 400 degrees Celsius to have an optimal braking.
    Try using the closed cooling duct

15. Sebastien Sestacq

I don't need to prove anything,
    I can brake well, I like the cup very much, I even manage to put my brakes on at temperature before a big brake, do some training courses irl driving with the professionals give good tip and we can use it on a simu!!;)
    Now if you can't drive the cup, ask yourself if it's not from you instead of questioning people's work...:rolleyes:

16. romaFC

romaFC Registered

I sent email to pfc see if they would provide working range temperatures.

Fyi.
    Porsche Cup cars use pfc brakes from the workshop manual of cup car.

https://pfcbrakes.com/News/ArticleI...-of-Porsche-Motorsport-by-Nina-on-May-13-2013

Part numbers: 380.30.0047.451/461 //// 380.32.0054.451/461
    Pads: 7968.11.28.44 //// 7968.11.26.44 Compound 11.
    Racing Brake Fluid-325° by PFC
    -DRY BOILING POINT: RH665 – 617°F (325°C)
    -WET BOILING POINT: RH665 – 383°F (195°C)

Yes they are carbon metallic pads.

This is the only known chart provided fy pfc.
    Cup cars are RS-19
    [​IMG]

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  17. romaFC

romaFC Registered

show me lap of you doing 2:02 around Silverstone with GT3 Cup Car. 20 Celsius Sunny.

oh wait you can't.

18. Sebastien Sestacq

I probably can't because I'm not a fast guy, contrarily to you the pro drivers....

[​IMG]

19. romaFC

romaFC Registered

And nobody can.

So you can take your roll eyes gif and troll another thread.

You come in acting smug claiming I can't drive cup car. Should drive something else.

I ask you go do 2:02 in this car and you come back with that.

every other reply here been helpful and with logical responses. but there is always that one troll....

20. Sebastien Sestacq

I troll people who think they're pro pilots like you
    a simulator is not made so that little Sunday drivers like you and me will do the same time as the real pro drivers, but to simulate the behavior of a car as well as possible, you want a car that's easy to drive to have the same time as the pro irl, go to acc and iracing they're made for the simple players think they're pro drivers, I'm not looking to have the same time as the pro drivers I'm not the same talent so it's normal that I can't make it, except on acc or iracing or I'm even faster than the pro drivers... that's normal you think?
    I didn't tell you to drive another car but maybe to drive it differently, knowing how to brake at temperature before a big braking test makes the difference!
    It's just a suggestion you're free to say it's from the car and that S397 is doing a bad job!