Project Cars 1?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by vegaguy5555, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

I do not think the same. I think that AC behaves better than RF2 when it comes to street cars, especially when they are front-wheel drive cars. And the reason for this is that the AC FFB better transmits the forces of the front axle (most of the street cars are front-wheel drive). In contrast, RF2 is the best when it comes to communicating information on the rear tires.

2. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Well haven’t heard of them, probably because I live in Europe. Even in eighties I wasn’t able to watch anything:)

Filip likes this.
  3. doddynco

doddynco Registered

This thread started about how PC1 is actually quite good, and turned into a thread about jokes...

4. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Yes I did try AC with LUT and I still find missing physics mostly at slower speeds when loss of traction. This is where rF2 shines. PC1 has their physics turned way down in this area similar to AC, but I found a way to turn it up in PC1. And yes, I would love to do this with AC as well but the way it is I find it too boring to drive for very long. If it wasn't for the mods I wouldn't have had it on my computer for all these years.

5. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I found AC to be plagued with problems. There was a time it just didn't turn the wheels with steering wheel very well. Yes I was a beginner at high end computer old guy making a lot of mistakes and I made all of them with AC and the poor guys in the AC forum helped me get it all figured out. I'm very grateful. And something still could be wrong. But after all that I still find not enough physics detail when in a slow speed skid. Where as in rF2, AMS, iRacing, R3E and now, PC1, I can easily drive on the limit. The only way I can drive AC is by memory, which is what some of the fastest sim drivers do. Some I heard even go as far as turning the FFB off altogether, which I consider not even driving anymore. Now, I need the heavy physics of rF2 for my reaction to trigger. This is what I managed to get PC1 to do with most cars. Some cars in PC1 are still the way we remember it being. rF2 is the king of the historic cars for sure. The updated Howston is a very realistic experience. Can't wait for the Lola's and the Cobra cars to be updated.

6. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

For anyone interested, here are some settings to try with the Yellow Bird Ruf.
    From Master scale down.
    Second page.
    In control set FFB 100

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  7. Filip

Filip Registered

They are complete unknown in Europe.
    Region specific joke.
    Even their names sound Chinese.

8. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I’m sure with some settings it feels right for you. The problem is it won’t nessesarily be for others, let alone how it’s in real life. For instance People tune their DD wheels for days or even weeks until it feels right, but 3 users can still have completely different settings. Some people said Jack Spade files transformed Project Cars FFB and it’s a must have, but others preferred stock settings etc.

9. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I like rF2 the most and set it as close as I could to that. That's why I opened a thread here.
    It's the little details at slower speeds I like about rF2 most. And I managed to get this in some of the cars in PC1.

10. Louis

Louis Registered

I thought it was because of your age (born in 82 when they was spliting already) and/or you being not familiarized to cannabis culture
    Project cars sucks. btw

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  11. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I knew of them in the 70s (at Uni in England) but never really saw their work. As for that clip, I guess you had to be there. Or maybe it is hilarious if you’re stoned o_O

12. Louis

Louis Registered

I only knew their work in late 90`s. Thought also they were pretty famous to the youth from 70´s. Guess i was wrong

13. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

The feeling is different for everyone. That's why I'm asking. Most of us have the software and most of the problems have been updated or there are work arounds now. So now its not as bad as we remember. It feels way better than PC2 and AC, but I still think AC may not be working a 100% for me. There are just too many people to ignore. With all the canned effects turned off I can just barely feel the tires in a skid. And this is what I have figured out how to turn up in PC1. What a difference it makes with sense of speed and over all drivability. I'm actually driving a car aposse to just steering a car around a track and sliding through corners out of control sometimes the way PC1 was and AC is for me.

14. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Initially I had similar impressions about FFB in AC 1.0 and 1.1. rF2 FFB instantly felt great and is still the best for me. It translates naturally what tires are doing. I couldn't tell that about AC, most forces felt too weak, which was cause of too many to spins. I always disabled "fake" FFB effects in AC (or at least lowered the sliders).
    But now after (too) many hours in AC I got used to it. It has more subtle feel when tires lose grip, but it's totally manageable. Now FFB in all major sims feel fine to me.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  15. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I have moments with AC but over all it just feels, floaty, missing physics in a slow speed skid. Would be nice if someone could do a spinal weight mod?
    Now that I'm playing around with the FFB in PC1 it really is amazing how much this can change how you react. I can go from sliding through corners mindlessly to catching the slide easily.
    Some cars feel great while others like the 49 are way off. rF2 is still the king here but the newer street cars feel very good although the Yellow Bird is a hand full but I'm thinking the real one is too?

16. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Arcade Cars, good grief! It is the worst video game of any genre I have purchased in my life. All bling bling with no substance.

17. filippu

filippu Registered

Just like your posts. Here or discord.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  18. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

That's because it has half the physics turned off. You have to play with it for awhile. Instructions are confusing. I wish AC had PC1 FFB settings. But instead they put in useless canned effects!

19. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Thank you for your invaluable input. Hate much? Arcade Cars is the worst game I have ever purchased. It is your problem not mine if you cannot accept my view on this subject. Please in the future try replying with something of substance or do not reply at all. Flame baiting is never appropriate and is rather childish. Cheers

Post script...By saying all my posts lack substance like what I said about Project Cars by using the words "just like", you actually agreed with me. Cheers again

20. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I'm getting some good results starting at...
    In main control set gain to 100
    And then in each car 18 main gain
    100 brake spindle weight
    100 back end
    200 road feel
    40 MZ over all spindle weight. This can cause too much dampening if you need more then 50. In that case raise main gain one.
    10 for all smoothing is a good place to start. I start shutting it off from the bottom if you need more feel.

At the very bottom is angle. I'm finding this to be a type of dampener. With this zeroed usually need some smoothing.

Next page is body feel. Not sure about this so far, sorry. I turn it on a little at this point and give 200 dampening.

SoP. I'm guessing seat of pants? I'm undecided about this. FFB noise possibly? I have been doing 10 per slider. The diff. one can cause problems with cars like the Yellow Bird. I've been giving 200 of dampening.

I have been having a good time with the newer street cars in general with these settings.
    These settings are thought out with rF2 in mind. Heavy, active wheel. I can even feel each tire grip and slip braking hard into a corner in the rain. Makes for some fun driving.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019