Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 27, 2019.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

And we should point out, that for the last two years, the IMSA NSX has dominated in wet conditions

2. Zopzodeman

Zopzodeman Registered

Ok after a LOT more time invested in this car i can say that i get the hang of it , at least partly. Still have many gripes with its implementation though.
    Firstly , the steering is absolutely imprecise , car goes from oversteering to massive understeering depending on speed, making it hard to get consistent lines.There is a large "Dead-Zone" in the middle (around 10-15°) , where theres basically no reaction to steering (NOT controller-based!).
    Secondly throttle response is horribly narrow in the lower 30% of travel , you basically can forget the upper 70 % of travel , making it really hard to balance the car. This is with no curves applied to throttle input , still have to try non-linear input (which im hesitant to do because it will affect ALL cars , if i dont want to switch control setup everytime).
    The car doesnt like low-grip tracks like Sepang (especially in green or low rubbered conditions or , even nastier, rain).While Zandvoort or the excellent Hockeheim mod track seem fine...
    Throttle off-oversteer seems overdone ( going uphill on Turn 2 on Nürburgring GP the rear shouldnt step out this massively).
    The tyres dont like higher temperatures at all , sliding too much heats them up beyond a certain point and then the sliding gets worse really fast.
    Brakes take time to get used to , but atleast theyre consistent (consistently bad if youre used to GT cars) , but looks like thats how they really are...
    Front seems too bouncy , car jumps even on smaller kerbs (and the bumps REALLY blow through in the wheel).
    Car reacts massively to tiny setup changes (toe-out rear from 0.557° to 0.3 ° makes a huge difference in controlability in oversteer, a change of 0.2° , really?) .

All in all i find it really hard to get consistent laptimes and tyre life out of the car.
    While it can be fun to drive it also can be incredibly frustrating .

Akela_DE likes this.
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I tried Sonoma the other day, oh boy, it's not great in the Cup car. Man that track is bumpy and the Cup is pretty awful there.

4. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Sorry to say this but that track is awful with every car, bumps are big as elephants, is definitely not a usable track.

Manfredk2 and fsuarez79 like this.
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Sad because it looks brilliant! One of the best looking mods really.

6. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

I have to set >5% FFB minimum, in no other car i have to set this.
    Conclusion - all other cars FFB is wrong! Because: masterpiece. FIX THEM!

;):D

7. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

Hardest thing was to search that track, pretty nice track :)
    Yep, it's bumpy track, S-section has one flyer, but I like it.
    (Jada jada :) my base setup versioning is pretty high currently, current eats bumps, tried under 10 laps prior race and never driven before, so don't expect any sensational speed)

8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Its a pretty awesome version to look at hey , really well made .
    The bump at 0:56 is probably the worst .
    You should have shown your setup ,, it rides those bumps really well .

OdeFinn likes this.
  9. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

Maybe later giving setup out, but few things, it must be "totally" finished. I'll lose my only advantage on endurance racing, if ever having time to compete on online races. :p "Soon™ revealing setup"

10. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

If you aren't @Rudy van Buren or your family isn't from outer space, then this base setup might help all Average Joe's like me.
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.10.22 - 20.25.06.92.png rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.10.22 - 20.25.14.20.png rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.10.22 - 20.25.26.32.png

Hope at all Average Joe's can enjoy this car.
    @2ndLastJedi :D

Connor, memoNo1, pkelly and 4 others like this.
  11. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Sorry, too much hassle and red tape changing my name to Average Joe so I can use a setup that might, with enough hope be enjoyed. :p
    Let me know if there are plans to make a setup for us Ordinary Adstas. :)

2ndLastJedi, GrimDad and OdeFinn like this.
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I think I'm getting referred to as an average Joe, I'm well below average, more like a mediocre Mike :p

OdeFinn likes this.
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

or a Damaged the Car Again? Dave?

14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

I recommend to use even lower tyre pressures, especially at the rear, or you will probably get a pretty throttle sensitive car after some laps, then you can plug in a bit more negative toe at the front and you get better turn in, without the twitchy rear.^^

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  15. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

So drop pressuress or anything as you want, if you get good outcome, please share it with us too. :)

Base is just made easy to adapt and behaviour has balanced moves. It's base tune, easy to cbange grip levels from there, just suggesting to do changes simultaneously on both ends or characteristics of handling might change drastically.

16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Oopsie, somebody made top secret shots of my screen, while i was driving, there's some serious data leaked now :eek::D (I don't know what i'm doing, no guarantees)

I quickly build something:
    (Preferred on Nurb GP)
    A baseline for sub 2 mins possible, i think. (Tyres are more fitted to the track, they aren't "base", but lower seems more stable with this car)

Best with 27L of Fuel (20mins of race time or so, i think), but higher is possible...

-Drive it on the throttle gently, don't brake too late, then you should be fine-

To make it turn better, lower the front ARB, but it can get unstable while driving over longer time...more wing could compensate for that.

20191023123512_1.jpg 20191023123516_1.jpg 20191023123523_1.jpg
    20191023123503_1.jpg

The front tyres are pretty hard, to keep them on temperature, i wish, this car would had more steering angle multiplier to "break" the tyres in more, sometimes...also it would be more able to attack some tight corners more...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Kelju_K, R.Noctua, makan and 6 others like this.
  17. Alejandro López Arjona

Alejandro López Arjona Registered

I just tried it! Very good job, I love this car

18. Zopzodeman

Zopzodeman Registered

Ok , now i invested enough time i think . Im driving Simulations since Indy 500 on the Amiga , had GPL and mastered it etc...
    This "racecar" behaves differently every i day i start it up and drive the same circuit with the same conditions , and despite numerous setups and nursing the car around to keep the tyres cool and not slide around , the rear still does what it feels like doing.
    If the real Cup Porsche behaved this way im certain no race would ever be completed .
    If a Movie Actor like M.Fassbender can learn to drive this car in the real world , it cant be that hard ,as it is depicted in rf2.
    If this is really modeled to be a exact copy of the behaviour i dare say that Porsche cant build racecars (which they can!).
    Throttle response horrible in the lower 10% , either you get to less or to much power...
    Imprecise Steering with large deadzone.
    Horrible Tyres , work best out of the Garage , then get worse with every lap ,regardless off driving style.One slide and the temps go to high and dont cool down fast enough , you have to drive the rest of the lap like my gandmother.
    Brakes are the only thing that work consistently.
    Horrible car to race , horrible car to drive , impossible to be consistent.
    Either alot of people use the driving aids Traction Control or somethings wrong with my version.

Car may sound and look cool , but its not worth my time anymore , worst 5 bucks i spend in a long time...

oppolo likes this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Zopzodeman Damn, that review makes me so curious I'm nearly tempted to buy it lol

Except I haven't even driven all the DLC I already have yet.

Other people seem to be getting on with it better, don't know if that's related to aids, some weird incompatibility you have with the car, or possibly something gone wrong with your car/game. I do recall someone having massive issues with a car once and then after some sort of reinstall it was suddenly transformed to how it should have felt all along.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  20. Zopzodeman

Zopzodeman Registered

Its really annoying to have a car sounding and looking this good not working out for me.... when it worked like i imagined (which is 10% of the time ), it was rewarding , but since its so inconsistent its really frustrating...)
    Cant really be my Setup , using a Fanatec CSL Elite Base with Elite P1 Wheel and CSL Elite Pedals with LC ... i reinstalled rf2 , and my drivers...nothing changed.... im at a loss and really p+++ed off that i (or possible my pc) cant make it work...