Only DX11 is working but Nurnburgring is not

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Johand, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Johand

Johand Registered

Hello,

Rfactor2 only works when I use the V1108-DX11-Open beta.
    (I use an Intel I7,32GB ram and use an Nvidia 1080 graphics card,disabled all plugins and set all special graphic options to none)
    I just purchased the nurnburgring and Porsche911 GT3 cup.
    When I start Rfactor2 in single player he hangs on verifying. I solved that by opt out of beta programs.
    As soon as I did that my newly purchased nurnburgring and Porsche 911 GT3 cup started to download.

However when I start the non beta version ;whatever car or circuit I choose. it starts loading the track until the end and after that it returns to the launcher without error.

So installed the V1108-DX11-Open beta again and then I can use Rfactor2 but if I select the Nurnburgring I get a error and the Porsche 911 GT3 is not present.

Anybody else has this problem that only the DX11 open beta version works ?

I'm quite frustrated that I cannot use my purchased items and probably will have problems if I buy new items in the future.

this is my sysinfo.txt I found in a rfactor2 subdirectory :

DX: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz @ 4,20 GHz
    QPC: 10000000 tps
    SRAM: 16348 MB
    GPU: Monitor #1
    VRAM: 4294966273 MB
    DRIVER: 0.0.0000.0000
    GUID: 00001B80-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
    GPU: Monitor #2
    DRIVER: 50.89.0065.0076
    GPU: Monitor #1
    DRIVER: 0.0.0000.0000

Thanks for having a look at this.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

None of the new DLC, cars and tracks, will work with older versions of the sim. There have been multiple updates to the code that allow the updated graphics, and some content features to work that just aren't in the older versions. The only thing in your features list that stands out is the dx9 version of direct x. That was the correct direct X to use with rF2 UNTIL S397 fully implemented the DX11 graphics. Since then, you need dx11 to run the dx11 content.
    One note: If you do get updated to dx11 and that hopefully solves your issues, some older content may not be fully upgraded to dx11 and will appear overly bright with parts of the screen looking like a sunspot. Just something to be on the alert for, that is not an issue with rF2, but rather the lack of updates by the track or car modders to keep up with rF2.
    Also, before you launch rF2, at the brownish screen with the icons on the upper left, click on the gear icon, then choose video settings. Make sure the brand and model of your video card(which is not listed I just noticed) is displayed and not 'default' or 'auto.'

JimmyT likes this.
  3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Also check in here that you do not have "force 32bit" checked (top right corner maybe)
    And, as @davehenrie says, for new DLC to work you must opt out of all betas.

4. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Maybe try using it with the stock plugins enabled. Enable +trace in launching parameters in the rf2 launcher and upload this file. Maybe someone can read it and help

5. Johand

Johand Registered

Hi all, I tried all the above with no luck. I opt of all beta's. I could not find the advanced tab where I should enable trace ;but I started in Dev-mode which give me the same result. I select race;the track loads and then returns to the launcher.

Hopefully someone will be able to help.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

6. Johand

Johand Registered

Hi all, I Tried all the above with no luck. I opt of all beta's. I could not find the advanced tab where I should enable trace ;but I started in Dev-mode which give me the same result. I select race;the track loads and then returns to the launcher.
    I got an error when trying to upload the trace file that was created so I copied it here.
    Hopefully someone will be able to help.
    In the tracefile I can see these errors and indeed these files are not present in this directory:
    Maybe that's the cause ?
    10.67s vidman.cpp 1290: Trying to Play Video File: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\Options\MODMode\ISILogo.bik
    10.67s MovieMan.cpp 120: Error locating video file D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RFACTOR 2\MODDEV\OPTIONS\MODMODE\ISILOGO.BIK
    10.67s MovieMan.cpp 120: Error locating video file D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RFACTOR 2\MODDEV\OPTIONS\MODMODE\ISILOGO.BIK
    10.67s vidman.cpp 1290: Trying to Play Video File: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\Options\MODMode\AllCarsTracks.bik
    10.67s MovieMan.cpp 120: Error locating video file D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RFACTOR 2\MODDEV\OPTIONS\MODMODE\ALLCARSTRACKS.BIK
    10.67s MovieMan.cpp 120: Error locating video file D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RFACTOR 2\MODDEV\OPTIONS\MODMODE\ALLCARSTRACKS.BIK
    10.67s vidman.cpp 1290: Trying to Play Video File: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\Options\MODMode\PreGame.avi
    10.68s MovieMan.cpp 130: Error opening AVI file D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RFACTOR 2\MODDEV\OPTIONS\MODMODE\PREGAME.AVI
    10.68s MovieMan.cpp 130: Error opening AVI file D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RFACTOR 2\MODDEV\OPTIONS\MODMODE\PREGAME.AVI

Thanks.

7. lagg

lagg Registered

These are the 32 and 33 lines of your trace file.

1.40s PluginManage 390: Analyzing plugin "TrackMapPlugin_64.dll"
    1.42s PluginManage 417: Successfully loaded plugin "TrackMapPlugin_64.dll"

You have to disable this plugin.

Grey likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I don't think those errors are deal breakers. It looks like you have a Stock car mod installed. I would remove that in steam and start with just a standard S397 track and car. Get rF2 back up and running and then work on the stock cars.

9. Johand

Johand Registered

Hi Davehenrie,

How do I remove all tracks in steam and only keep the defaults ?
    In the launcher I deleted all things (see attachment) where I was able to select delete.
    I also disabled all plugins.
    new tracelog attached started in single player (previous trace was started in devmode)
    This is my last try.
    If anybody has any suggestions please let me know otherwise I revert back to V1108-DX11-Open beta which at least works

Thanks.

Attached Files:

10. Johand

Johand Registered

I was able to unsubsribe from everything in steam.
    I end up with this list in attachment (capture.jpg)
    Tracefile also attached after unsubscribing to all.

Still the same problem.....oh my god what a terrible system....

Attached Files:

11. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

2.85s PluginManage 390: Analyzing plugin "TrackMapPlugin_64.dll"
    2.87s PluginManage 417: Successfully loaded plugin "TrackMapPlugin_64.dll"
    That's why.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Trackmap comes with a d3d9.dll (?). Remove it.

*what you actually should do, is move your bin32 and bin64 folders, and your entire userdata folder, out away from the game folder completely, verify rf2 files through steam, and start from there. You could have all sorts of old stuff that could mess things up.

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The cars listed in the last picture are DLC cars and can only be removed via Steam. However, as soon as you log back on, Steam will re-install those.

Johand likes this.
  14. Johand

Johand Registered

Hi Coutie,

As you can he loads them and then immediately unloads them in the log because I selected in the options not to load any plugins. I have put them all on no

15. Johand

Johand Registered

Hi Davehenry,
    I did unsubscribe from everything in steam.There is nothing I can unsubscribe anymore. So it should be cached somewhere.

16. Goanna

Goanna Registered

The main problem with that plugin is that it also adds a d3d9.dll file which causes problems....my advice is to do as @Lazza suggests in post #12

17. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Do not disable those plugins. DELETE THEM! From the folder they break the game now.

18. Johand

Johand Registered

Hi Guys. Problem is solved ! Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
    When combined I found this solution.

1. Unsubscribe from all workshop items in steam.
    2. I uninstalled all items that I could uninstall in the launcher(rightclick and select delete or uninstall)
    3. Then I uninstalled Rfactor 2 from steam
    4. The directory that is still left in \Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2;move it to another location (or delete it)
    5. Install rfactor2
    6. Nurnburgring downloaded automatically and only default cars are available.
    7. Everything works fine now and I can finally use the nurnburgring track and no longer have to switch to V1108-DX11-Open beta to be able to play Rfactor 2!

Thank you very much for all the idea's and hopefully my journey will be useful for other people having the same problem.

Bye!

davehenrie, Goanna and Lazza like this.
  19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm glad you kept after it. So many folks give up as soon as they reach that point where 'every other sim' works fine stage.