VOTE Street cars Vs Race Cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scoopscat7, Oct 16, 2019.

?

What is your preferred choice for S397 to provide for users

Poll closed Nov 6, 2019.
  1. Street cars

23 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. Race cars

120 vote(s)
    83.9%
  1. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

It was in the news updates I think? I’m not on S397 Discord so no mentions of pizza that I can remember

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Is the UI here yet?

The long term problem with adding street cars as official content is that it shifts the emphasis from a racing game to a driving game. I don't think rF2 really needs to duplicate the server content of AC.

McFlex, Mauro, juanchioooo and 2 others like this.
  3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

It's all about satisfying all users (it's important), by doing only 1/2 or 3 street cars maximum, against 40 race cars made in 3 years.

And for all the life of rF2, there would then be only race cars.

I do not understand why some people are so against that they refuse that 1/2 or 3 street cars are created by S397 for the whole life of rF2.

[I am not English, but it sounds like a stupid opposition between pro and against brexit (to make a metaphor).]

We must please everyone !! IMO

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thats not true. When I used to participate in AC online racing, we did properly race the hell out of street cars.

Shout out to Aloog-1 and StreetFight guys ! And some other opportunities such as in my local lithuanian community + some SimRacingSystem racing...

VirusGR42, vegaguy5555 and twinkle like this.
  5. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

I don’t think you can please everyone?

As several have said they would never buy street cars and they would see S297 spending time on them as delaying further content for them.

So you have two directly opposed views?

For me S397 will produce what they see is the most likely to create long term success of rF2 and at this point in time that seems to be creating race content.

I can’t find where they said they weren’t going to do street cars but even that doesn’t mean forever they are allowed to change their minds :)

6. lagg

lagg Registered

If i remember correctly it was in a roadmap. And didn't say that they weren't go to make a street car. They said that they will be mainly focused in race cars and now weren't interested in street cars.

juanchioooo, Filip, McFlex and 2 others like this.
  7. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I think it is on the RD Marcel interview not roadmap. And you're right.

And it's true, they did not say they would not do it, just that it's not a priority.

lagg likes this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If people think street cars means simulating going for a road trip and picking up a latte by the beach, I can understand why they wouldn't want it.

Of course it's about racing, whether that's on a circuit, rally stage, hill climb, whatever.

Anyone play NFS: Porsche Unleashed back in the day? For the time it was semi-sim, and I spent most of my time in either the old (50s-80s) roadcars or the race spec new ones. Modern hi-tech (movable wing, diffuser, flappy paddles etc) roadcars don't interest me - just drive a race car - but I'd enjoy all sorts of proper race cars and real roadcars, for racing.

Hence I can't vote.

pkelly and twinkle like this.
  9. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

But do you drive if on the limit? How many times you've been on track days driving it? Besides I think street cars definition include road sport/super cars(correct me if I'm wrong) and not many people own them.

10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

super cars? jajajaja,,,street cars? ,,,What happens that my car is not street?...I am not at all interested in street cars for running!
    running in the street ?, that is not a very good option! ,running in a closed section or circuit, ... in the street you have to drive, ... that people are endangered...as I say the street cars do not interest me in the simulator ,, I do not want any ,, to the official cars I mean

if they get to put street cars dlc I will not buy anything ... by the way the voting does not improve for street cars

Mauro likes this.
  11. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

This is normal, the poll was "poorly" done :

All people who want race cars AND some street cars can not vote :

Life is not all black or all white : this poll is.

VirusGR42, vegaguy5555 and twinkle like this.
  12. lagg

lagg Registered

The poll asks about your preferred choice.
    This poll is not black or white. It asks about preferences
    If you ask me, ¿what do you prefer dark or ale beer? I'll answer "dark", but i like ale too.
    And it's the same with the cars.

13. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I don't know if I understand correctly, but I don't mean simulating driving on a street. I mean making track day cars i.e. sport/super cars that you drive or race on existing rF2 tracks. It would be great if S397 made something like BMW M3, Mclaren P1 or Ferrari supercar that you'd be able to drift or powerslide like IRL. I wonder how new CPM tire model would work in such cases.
    But don't worry, most probably S397 don't read this thread anyway and as others said they don't plan making street/road car.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    juanchioooo, twinkle and lagg like this.
  14. lagg

lagg Registered

Yes. There are a lot of "normal" cars that are really fun to use in track days.
    For me the most funny is to find the limits of the car, not to go quick. A slow car can be really fun in a circuit.

15. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Here's a better one: The development of a game (sim), or the programming you see on television is a lot like a bus: The bus goes along its route with everyone on board who paid for a ticket and at some point it'll stop somewhere near where you live. That stop might be outside your house, if not it's a hundred yards or so away. It's not like a taxi service where many individuals separately from each other dictate the exact place where the taxi stops.

Short way of putting that: There's no pleasing everyone and not everyone is going to necessarily get what they want. For instance, S397 might do a street car, but while you wanted a Ferrari 458 you've got the Toyota GT86. It's a street car, but not the one you wanted.

Emery, VirusGR42, jayarrbee36 and 4 others like this.
  16. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

The poll was created deliberately that way to see the two extremes for what people wanted S397 to create based on an assumption from another thread that these are around 50:50.

Feel free to create your own poll to find out what people on here would want to race but I suspect the answer is already there as a Poisson distribution skewed to race cars. There are some suggestions on what to ask in the thread.

juanchioooo likes this.
  17. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

This pole shows the few people who have rF2, which are mostly race car guys because that's mostly what rF2 has. I don't think it's too many of us?
    My 50/50 comment was based on everyone using the main sims today.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    juanchioooo likes this.
  18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I see you didn't understand me ... @AMillward really explained it great

AMillward likes this.
  19. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

The comparison lags.
    It is about a user base the S397 has not yet achieved. The SimRacers who love to drive street cars. I like to ride both. Both vehicle types have their charm. And S397 will certainly have something to tap into this market as well.

Why? Grow my friends. S397 will not be satisfied with what you have now. They want to reach the absolute top. And that includes street and drift cars. If you do not like it, you should just look the other way. Again. rFactor 2 provides the perfect base for road vehicles. I will buy it immediately! And the AC community is looking at rFactor2 and waiting for the day X. More users implies more sales. More sales means growth. Growth means further development. Further development means more racing classes and also road vehicles.

And nowhere was it said that there will be no street cars. They will come. Why? The trend is your friend. Have a nice evening .

twinkle and vegaguy5555 like this.
  20. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Absolutely correct.
    If rF2 just stays with race cars nothing much is going to happen very quick.

twinkle likes this.