Street Cars Survey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Oct 5, 2019.

1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I think it was translated badly ,,, by your previous comment, I say: then this is not you simulator,, I don't speak English, maybe it's badly expressed ,,, sorry

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I watched that video ! Your rather dedicated and have some obvious skills ;)

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I thought it's just sports car, but definitely road legal. But from the interior pictures it looks more like racing car indeed. I tried it in iRacing and like it's physics - it's free, of course if you paid for subscription:)

juanchioooo likes this.
  5. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I don't care much about UI, but to have widespread attention it would need much better (and more responsive) UI and online experience. I know S397 is working hard on these, but from what I've seen new UI is mostly rewrite of existing functionality in new HTML technology. I hope under the hood updates (MVC pattern) will speed up subsequent releases of new UI features or enhancements based on user feedback. Without UI and things like improved dashboards, HUD, new street/supercars would still mostly attract more hardcore simmers.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  6. twinkle

twinkle Registered

It is the truth, half of us from AC are ready to come over, just waiting for cars.

memoNo1, makan, Korva7 and 2 others like this.
  7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

well they are screwed, because rfactor is not going to bring them

8. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

If by rFactor you mean S397 then yes that’s what they said but community modders can always bring street cars.

pkelly and vegaguy5555 like this.
  9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

for my worst textures worse environmental occlusion worse physical, only one better thing, the instant competition system, because if you are in communities, it is not the best system, better always with friends there is more respect:);)

10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I already said in a previous post that if the modders want to build ok ,,, I'm not interested in ,,, but if they want ok

11. twinkle

twinkle Registered

Well I guess who cares, many great new sims coming out soon including AMS 2. So be my guest getting stuck without much and very slow improvements of rF2˛`s important issues. Also wait for 2 years to get 1 GT3 car DLC for 15 euros because S393 doesn't have enough money for development because there are no customers.

Also, regarding those dumb claims "oh oh this is racing sim so no street legal cars allowed oh oh". God forbid you race in Rx7 or such which are a blast to drive unlike boring GT3 cars that drives like on train tracks. If something does not have a prefix race, doesn't mean you can't race with it.

vegaguy5555, Filip and dylbie like this.
  12. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I don't get why some people say rF2 is missing tracks. It has tons of additional tracks if you search over the internet. Good resource is:
    https://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?board=67.0

Someone made a spreadsheet with links(i.e. to google drive) to most available tracks and versions. But I understand complaints if someone is interested in laser/drone scanned tracks.

DrivingFast and Filip like this.
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Im just after tracks with the quality of say Zandvoort or the newly released Mosport (CTMP )! I wish there was a minimum standard content had to reach before S397 would allow it to go public , they should QC all content before its on their platform to keep up to some kind of standard .

14. lagg

lagg Registered

And i really expect that this never happen, because nobody will have the oportunity to learn how rF2 works.
    Do you think that it's possible to know all the complexity of the cars and tracks of rF2 without begining with simple things and going little by little to make content of hi quality?
    This would be, in long term, the death of modding in rF2.

AMillward, VirusGR42 and Filip like this.
  15. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Problem with that is, while the quality would eventually go up, it'd put people off who are getting into modding.

lagg and VirusGR42 like this.
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Well, I know an artist (my wife) and I know she didn't sell or even publicly show her first pieces while she "practiced" "learnt" how to apply the paint to the canvas, heck it was years before she even would show here friends! She was doing that learning for fun and also with an end goal in mind.

I know we aren't all the same but if i was or I suspect my wife was making a track for rF2 I don't think I would be releasing a track that wasn't very near complete or at least if I did release it unfinished it would be in a state that I could release updates to finish it in a timely manner, not go years with it left untouched.
    I know people's circumstances can change and life can get i in the way, so i understand some tracks won't get finished but there are too many 0.3 versions out in the wild for it to be life getting in the way.

I guess what I'm saying is, just because you make something doesn't mean you should release it. Hold on to it, refine it and once it's amazing and to the same quality expected then release it, heck, put a price on it and make a little coin for your effort but don't fill the net with half baked unfinished content.

McKiernan likes this.
  17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Sounds like you have a hard time sorting out good mods from sketchy poor unfinished wip stuff. Which is kinda your problem. But it is also a truth that it takes a bit to sort out rf2 content for yourself. Forcing mods to be only available at a certain standard is just utopic, couldn't be done. However I wish for better steam workshops, as powerful as steam platform is, it does seem not finished lol

18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Nah I don't have any problem finding the more finished content, it's a bit time consuming sometimes though. My suggestion was more for the wider audience and free advertising by users on platforms like YouTube where I know of plenty of people who still won't touch rF2 because they have seen quite a few of the unfinished mods on YT and just think thats rF2 still.
    It would be in the greater good of rF2, not really something that would effect me but more so the bottom line of S397.

19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

To me several S397 content pieces are just like as an unfinished mods. People should have enough understanding to realise which content is making justice or not. But you need labels.

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Mate , i'm all over rF2 ! But have been just recently having quite a few folk on a different forum talking that they have like 10 hours in rF2 but just cant stand the lacking in graphics :confused: it was doing my head in trying to explain and show them some great videos of how great rF2 looks and that even if it didnt look as good as it does , the feel (FFB) is just so much more alive that any other sim (AMS maybe also but it will certainly stop these people because "graphics") . In the end ive just said its their loss (but really its S397 that will loss in the long run).

Not sure about the "But you need labels" bit ??