VOTE Street cars Vs Race Cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scoopscat7, Oct 16, 2019.

?

What is your preferred choice for S397 to provide for users

Poll closed Nov 6, 2019.
  1. Street cars

23 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. Race cars

120 vote(s)
    83.9%
  1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I want both (more racecars).
    There are no both choice......... irrelevant

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  2. jual

jual Registered

it depends from the track, for the Nordschleife (public road track) it would be nice having some realistic street cars.

vegaguy5555 and avenger82 like this.
  3. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

I agree it does depend upon the track but you than make the point where do you use street cars? Should S397 provide content for street cars as well as the cars themselves? I assume this would need additional programmers or redirect some of the current team into either dual purpose content or specific street car tracks / roads even?

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  4. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

So for you your vote would be to not vote or if you feel strongly enough create another poll. Perhaps give people the chance to score 1-10 1 is all Street cars 10 is all Race cars ? Then you have a sliding scale as to where people stand?

5. twinkle

twinkle Registered

Sadly people are too pretentious to understand what you just wrote. But it is the truth, many people myself included would like to come over from AC to rF2 if there were street cars in the sim. Bringing street cars in would benefit so much to this title. New cars equals new people equals more cash equals more development. It is so simple really. I am following rF2 for so long already but still waiting for some cars of my interest to appear.

vegaguy5555 and memoNo1 like this.
  6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Of course it is going to be racecars. Not voting because there is no use of this. As it only uncovers the priority, but it doesn't uncover actual spectre of need. Lets say I would gladly race a racecar 6 times out of 10, and a pure or lightly track prepared street car 4 times out of 10.

7. Filip

Filip Registered

This percentage is only representative of users that visit this forum and answer polls.
    I am not sure if same percentage would be among entire rf2 userbase.

memoNo1 likes this.
  8. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Yep you’re correct but the forum doesn’t cover all rF2 users so any poll on here cannot be a full robust measure of the users need or even better the likelihood of purchase if content. It will only ever indicate a subset of views.

vegaguy5555 and Filip like this.
  9. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Posts crossing :D

10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

For street cars, I already have mine:D:D

David Kolody likes this.
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Furthermore, expanding to users that are either unactive, or just holds a potential to join, which depends on various things that they are looking forward, but don't see happening.... First of all, proper online mode, software improvements..

I have one theory about how ultra grip lighting fast can potentially ultimately spoil the perception of car handling. I already see some complaining about crap tires of Corvette street car, which is false, as you check its pace there is none of it lacking. It is either lack of skill, or a side effect of driving ultra high performance vehicles for a long time, which distorts perception of speed and grip. In other words unbelievable vehicle performance becomes normal, and normal vehicle performance becomes unbelievable.

I think that also could be used as a good argument how there should be various performance/speed levels vehicles raced frequently.

vitto likes this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

studio 397 already has a lot of work, enough with what it has an appropriate user interface, competition vehicles, competition tires, graphic engine, rfactor errors, as well as putting in street vehicles ... for that they already have asseto corsa:D;)

David Kolody and Mauro like this.
  13. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Maybe the question should have been: What balance between Race cars and Street cars would you like in rF2?

* 100% Race cars
    * 80% Race cars / 20% Street cars <- (would be my vote)
    * 60% Race cars / 40% Street cars
    * 40% Race cars / 60% Street cars
    * 20% Race cars / 80% Street cars
    * 100% Street cars

(could be an interesting info for S397 too)

14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

maybe the vote makes it quite clear, what rfactor people want;)

Mauro likes this.
  15. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Race cars only for me thanks.

I have zero interest in running around in a street car, although i know some people like this.

If this is your thing, AC provides an almost unlimited supply of street car mods.

Seven Smiles, juanchioooo and Mauro like this.
  16. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I don't understand that argument: if you want Street cars go to AC.
    People don't choose rF2 cause it is 100% Race cars. They choose rF2 cause of physics. And there are people in rF2 that want at least some Street cars with best in class physics.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    vegaguy5555, jual, billyblaze and 6 others like this.
  17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@juanchioooo There also already is ACC, iR. There will soon be AMS 2. They offers everything. It is not an argument.

The only reason why it is how it is - that the bet is placed on the modern racing cars. Is that its a happy medium type of content. It is automatically the most relevant because this stuff is the most exposed today and so there is an appeal. Also these cars has more data, so they require less research and skillful guestimation and judging from all possible hints that real life offered which is not pure data, I guess (when there is data, dry data). But data will never cover up everything. Also the dynamics of these vehicles are more similar to each other, so the windows of values to work on are possibly much narrower too, so even guesswork is probably not very off, unless some data is completely abscent... whatever this is offtopic.

I just made this chart for fun, absolutely jus based on my experience in simracing communities, total guesswork. Worth to mention that in specific current rF2 comminity it would be skewed by incresed amount of racecar nazzi users. This is guesswork from all simracers in existance, that are alive and can possibly buy a DLC :D

[​IMG]

I think it would also look similarly if it was about cars from 1920 to 2020, just there would be 10 bars each suggesting of total percentage of users, as a person can be interested in all decades as well as just in one. In this chart total percentage is the total sum of bars, as this is all individual and same person can't have two options here.

18. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

That would be my perception of the break down as well. If my school maths was any good I think that is a Poisson distribution :)

19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

in the rfactor forum, I am not going to say what other games have to do ,, the world is free and everyone who chooses what they want ,,, studio 397 said no, the rest is talking by talking

20. vittorio

vittorio Registered

when and where did S397 say there will be categorically no Street car ever in rF2? other than maybe in Discord where the half-time of everything said is max one week? (and most of the time it is about pizza or other stupid off topic talk)

vegaguy5555 likes this.