[REL] WTCR 2018 by Tommy78

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Tommy78, Aug 20, 2019.

1. a1gpmatty

a1gpmatty Registered

Another issue I've noticed, the LED position boards only show your position to the other cars you drive for. Like it only shows your position to the other Audi's in the race if you drive the Audi.

Other than that, really great mod :)

2. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

And thank you for all your track releases chap.

Tommy78 and senormen like this.
  3. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

Tyre wear, is very high; lol don't race these at Thruxton unless you like to see your pit crew often.

4. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

It can't be matched, because on the leds i used different shader than on the RPM bar, so for this reason i can't use the same number on the led and RPM bar as well. It would be good if the game engine support more than one graph.

Rui Santos likes this.
  5. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

You had puncture? Or how many laps you did? The wear is high because those tires are sprint tyres.

6. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

Did not realise you can get a puncture?

7. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

My dear man!
    These little beasts make you sweat fast! Especially when the tank is empty and you do not adjust the brake balance, you get into trouble very quickly.
    Have had a 15 minute race with the Golf in Vallelunga.
    Really fun

8. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

So I know how to adjusted mirrors in rFactor2 but these cars have no adjustment.
    I have tried each car mirror ,left , right , centre and all nothing moves.

9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Didn't tried it yet, but i think you need to add another tire compound for proper league racing...

10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I have to say your mod has a huge potential.
    But there are a few small improvement points.

1.The tires. They just wear out too fast. Okay, there are sprint tires. They may actually wear out so fast in the WTCR.
    But the AI still runs the same pace after 10 laps while my tires are already 30% worn out. I drove 4 races in a row in Vallelunga with a 15 minute race time.
    AI to 100%. At the beginning I keep up very well until the tires decompose.
    The AI constantly drives the same lap times from start to finish. Of course you want to keep it realistic. But against the AI you have no chance at the end of the race. Can you not create an optional tire that has less wear?
    For the offline driver like me, for example.

2. Can we adjust the transmission conversion with an update?
    Vallelunga has some very sharp turns. Unfortunately, with the high steering angle, you can no longer turn up or down.

3. In VR mode, the median strip of the steering wheel fades when the sun shines on it.

4. In the night race, the shift light also fades too much.

5. The FFB is very strong.

That was already my suggestions for improvement.
    This is really a mega work your mod. Congratulations to you .

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Rui Santos likes this.
  11. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Yes but like everybody else you can alter them. First number for the LEDs, 2nd for the RPM bar, 3rd for LEDs, 4th for RPM bar and so on. That's how the most modders do it. Another thing is you should not include opponents mirrors in the cockpit instance of players cars. This is very bad for performance.

12. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

And i can switch on the TC and ABS etc. for proper league racing. Why i need to add another compound when they have only one. And if you did not try how you know how many laps you can run with those tires?

13. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

You have 31 option for all led and RPM bar, most cars use around 5-8 leds, and many RPM bar, so for one led then one bar is not possible. Other thing, for example the rev limit 7000 RPM, it means every step 225 rpm. But the leds lights up 6000-6200-6400-6600-6800-7000 when you have 6 leds, is it still not perfect, because one step is 225 not 200 and if i use one bar betveen the leds, it is completly wrong.
    And i don't understand your other problem with the mirrors. All cars the same, there is no player and opponent cars. The car you Drive is the same then the opponent cars.

14. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Yeah i saw that, but i can't do anything with it, because i used the dev guide to implement this feature.

15. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

1. I think it is better if i modify the AI tyre wear. I will have a look.
    2. You mean the gear ratios? If yes, my answer is no, because they used fixed ratios, and i want to use what they use in real.
    3. I will have a look as well, i didn't have issue with it but it is just a texture or shader adjustment.
    4. Yes, the shift lights are bright, especially at nigth, that's why they use led not a normal light bulb.
    5. You have lot of option to set the ffb comfortable. There is the smoothing, and ffb multiplyer, and you can change in Windows the spring and damper settings, and finally you have many settings in the car upgrade, from soft to hardest.

Rui Santos and memoNo1 like this.
  16. Balazs Floszmann

Balazs Floszmann Registered

17. biancazzurro

biancazzurro Registered

For the ffb issue try the new tyre model switchable in the garage. I like the hard one

memoNo1 likes this.
  18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yes, I had completely forgotten the garage option. I will do it.

19. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

If I remember correctly, the display is per class. So you have to make sure all cars in the mod share the same. AFAIK the car class in the VEH is decisive and you want to set it up like "BrandAClass Brand WTCR18", and the last (or first) word is the primary class which should be the same for all VEH in the mod. You could easily verify the classes by looking at the results table (make sure to expand the view to see the class each car is in).
    Hope this helps!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  20. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.