Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

After the last BoP Update, the GTE cars are so oversteery, especially under braking, i don't really know if that is intentional?

Even with VERY understeery setup, brake balance full forward, wing on 6 and TC around 8 in the M8, you get a freaking tailhappy car after 20 Minutes of driving. The Porsche does this even earlier for example. I mean not the normal "tyres fall off, be carefull" oversteery...i mean the "please don't kill me, i'm to young to die" oversteery. Just've done a Road Atlanta 1h race and it was crazy, to be honest, not really in the fun manner.:confused:

As i read here in this thread, they seem to be slower now, okay, i thought, i was even more crappy at Le Mans, than i used to be. :D

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  2. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

I'm with you, the Endurance Pack used to be my favorite, but since the last BoP update I stopped using the GTEs and the LMP2. It's no fun to drive those cars and they are now way too slow, the AI on a 100% is 10 seconds slower than the real cars at Le Mans. Let's hope there will be another BoP update.

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Did you try to control weight transfer in the setup of your car?
    Cheers.

4. CrimsonEminence

I don't know right now...this seems odd, because before the update, i definetly haven't touched this at all and it was even okayish in stock setup...

5. Lgel

Lgel Registered

How did you change the base setup to obtain a "VERY understeery setup"?

Cheers.

6. CrimsonEminence

Dampers stiff on the front, soft on the rear, soft ARB at the rear and hard on the front, Wing cranked up to highest, springs not too nervous, but also the same in difference, high TC values, also tried low, for less floatyness, front brake bias and so on...basically everything, that should make it pretty shitty to turn in exit and entry. For the first couple of minutes, it is okay, even if it is not really competitive, but after 17 Laps Road Atlanta, with pretty consistent driving, without much pushing and fighting, it becomes loose. (M8)

Le Mans with the Porsche, ironically in the porsche curves is drivable for three laps, than it will become "not that fun", tyre compound doesn't matter. Solution is to use the same approach as above, but especially with too much wing, you will get punishment for your acceleration and top speeds. More fuel helps, as expected, to make it more calm under braking and weight transfer, but this is not a solution, if you go full "party mode" :D

I will try, to fiddle with tyre pressures, and toe, different from what i was using before, maybe lowering pressure a bit and giving a bit more rear toe in...if it will not lead into high temps.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Max.B18 likes this.
  7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I would suggest you start from default setup, try brake balance at 52 front, aero P5, ride height front 5,5. Rear suspension spring 220, slow rebound 8, fast bump 7, fast rebound 8. Front ARB 5, rear ARB 1. And 15 kPa more in front axle than in rear axle.
    Suggest you read this post about tire management https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/more-data-for-official-cars.64262/#post-1003049

Cheers.

pkelly likes this.
  8. CrimsonEminence

I know, how to make setups, your settings are similar to some, i've made in the past. (Also fiddling with pressures is not completely unkown for me, i disagree, that you need Motec Software, to get it right, but of course it can help)
    Maybe...just maybe, it could be possible, that something is wrong with the GTE cars and not with the setup...
    As i stated before, this behaviour is new and occurs after the BoP update...

Brake Bias 52 front is not enough, when driving over distance with much fuel in the M8 for example...it will cause underrotation at the rear already after 4 laps of Road Atlanta...and yes, this sounds strange...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The only GTE car I have driven lately has been the Aston, I find it to be very stable.

10. CrimsonEminence

the aston is indeed more stable, yes. But it feels also very unusual, to be honest, sometimes, like it would stick only with the front really well, but not as lethal on the rear, as the other GTEs...it is more of a controlable nature.

Max.B18 likes this.
  11. Max.B18

Max.B18 Registered

For me the same after the 24h bop update the cars are broken. And the second update the cars are to slow to drive against gt3. Is a joke in my opinion

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Perhaps you are saying it backwards. The GT3's are too fast? If the GTE BOP is correct, then the GT3 cars should, and one could argue, ALREADY SHOULD HAVE been slowed down as well.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  13. CrimsonEminence

Maybe it's correct for balancing purposes, but they're underperforming in pace, quite a bit, in my opinion...i don't know. I rather have cars in similarity to real life, than adjusted in favour for eSports...that's the thing about simulations...
    Even the M8 has sometimes problems to catch up to GT3 cars, especially with full fuel level. You get them definetly, but it is a bit "slow". That with way worse laptimes, compared to real life in general.

Working on tyre pressures made the drivability now a bit more enjoyable in the M8, it is of course better to "break the car in" for 15 Minutes on a full stint, but i also, like Lgel said, recommend to keep the base pressure on the rear lower, than expected, but be careful with toe in and camber on the rear tyres. It will give probably some stability, but you have to manage your temperatures, so keeping TC a bit higher, than you would usually do for the beginning, is maybe a good "workaround".

Brake bias on 55-56 is more drivable on Road Atlanta at least, if you manage, to not lock it up, 52 will beat your ass up after some laps unfortunately. Also 220 Spring makes the car quite nervous and puts much energy in the tyres, i would use a bit lower values there for my liking, at least. In general, going to stiff with rear bump and rebound values will give you a pretty poisonous car after some laps.

14. Max.B18

Max.B18 Registered

Wahts your times in lemans?
    I dont say the bop bad. But the times from the gte are to slow at the moment. And with this problem you have a to small cap against the gt3 cars in my opinen. But the bigger problem is the the handling. You lost the car much more. And this is not real. Gte and gt3 very easy do drive. Only gte are without ABS.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm not relevant in regard to times. I will say, the gap to GT3 from GTE is too narrow. It took me about 5 laps to catch a GT3, and then several more laps to pass. That should have been accomplished,(the pass that is) on one section of the Mulsaane. So IF the BOP is relevant for GTE then GT3 also needs to be slowed. However, you are not the only one who has complained about the GTE handling after that BOP. I basically stopped driving the GTE field after the GT3 cars were released. I only took them up again when the GTE Aston was released. So I can't comment on the handling. From the sound of other threads, Getting tires up to a proper operating temp is the key to stable handling over a fuel stint. (I'd be surprised if I ever get the tires up to temp)
    I 'think' the LMP2 cars were too fast at that 24hr LM event, which is probably why the BOP was applied to the Endurance pack. But we need to see more experts drive the GT3 cars and find a practical time that matches the gap in pace real world cars have..

16. CrimsonEminence

You also have to keep them from going over the proper operating temp, otherwise this is even worse.
    Especially your rears need good caring.

I have now found my setup, to drive longer stints, just finished around an hour with the M8, emptying a full tank, without spinning, even on some murderous kerbs on Road Atlanta and it was fun...but you have definetly more underlying oversteer and your setup has to be way more conservative, than before, to make it stick and not die after 20 minutes. (Best laptime in qualy was just a 1:18:2 with mistake and 1:19:2 in race, i don't know, how comparable this this is to competitive times, i was not focused on tryharding, but on surviving finally :D )

Next testing will be Le Mans.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    davehenrie likes this.
  17. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

This is very strange thread. I mean 1 post from s397 could end all speculations about new bop. Seems like they have no clue what they are doing and just waiting for community feedback.

18. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

19. CrimsonEminence

They are usable, but you have to sacrifice a bit of pace...

(and this is quite meh) :D

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  20. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

No GTE would ever finish Le Mans if this were real.
    But yes, if Le Mans is the place for cruising on Sundays then ok :D